VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
yeah i'd get a quest 2 as well and see how much you really like VR. its cheap, works SUPER simple, they are removing the facebook login shit required in august so you can just login with a seperate VR account (no idea what the fuck that means tbh) and since its wireless its really easy to use sitting or standing. Visuals arent as great as HTC VIve but its so much easier to use and setup.
Thank you for reminding me. I hate FB, haven't used it since like 2016 and wouldn't want to for love nor money. So I don't want anything that requires me to tie to any other account.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how easy is it to setup quest 2 wirelessly for use with steam/steam games like hl alyx?
I did it for my quest 1 using the Dev kit and sidequest or whatever and virtual desktop and a buncha other shit, was kind of annoying.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So how easy is it to setup quest 2 wirelessly for use with steam/steam games like hl alyx?
I did it for my quest 1 using the Dev kit and sidequest or whatever and virtual desktop and a buncha other shit, was kind of annoying.
SUPER easy. It's integrated now. You just download the app on the quest 2, download the client for the PC, connect it up over your wireless router. Took me 3 minutes. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Me too. That's why I ended up getting rid of mine
It pissed me off but then I never really had to do it. I don't use their store shit, though I think it runs in the background when you are using steamVR helpfully stealing resources.

They sent me another email a week back or so that said I have to make a meta account or lose all my stuff. I don't think I have any "stuff" from them so I don't care. I guess if it starts keeping me from using steamVR I'll care.

I'm in the strange situation where the weather has to be good for me to be able to VR, and this year we went from hoth straight to mustafar. Not a single day of springish weather.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SUPER easy. It's integrated now. You just download the app on the quest 2, download the client for the PC, connect it up over your wireless router. Took me 3 minutes. :)
What’s the best battery pack for Alyx? The battery doesn’t last that long on airlink

pysek

<Gold Donor>

So this shit says I still need META to use Oculus?

Cause that can lick circles AAAAALLL the way around my O ring.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

So this shit says I still need META to use Oculus?

Cause that can lick circles AAAAALLL the way around my O ring.
Yea. You don't need a Facebook account anymore, now you need... what we intend to be the successor to your Facebook account one day, but you have to jump early!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Yea. You don't need a Facebook account anymore, now you need... what we intend to be the successor to your Facebook account one day, but you have to jump early!
week wife GIF

Looks like Index it is! I use steam primarily anyway and i have a decent system.

Long enough cord and I can still have body mobility, right?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man damn, was thinking about buying a Quest 2 here before the year was up... Might have to cave here this week. I do miss sometimes having VR readily available, but selling the Rift 2 at an $900 peak was too much to pass up.

Is the 256 actually worth all the extra space?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man damn, was thinking about buying a Quest 2 here before the year was up... Might have to cave here this week. I do miss sometimes having VR readily available, but selling the Rift 2 at an $900 peak was too much to pass up.

Is the 256 actually worth all the extra space?
Depends on if you're using hte built in hardware to play your games on the go etc.. I have mine hooked up/streaming from PC so size doesnt matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I couldn't care less about PSVR 2 right now with its' tether system to the console. Quest 2 blows it away already from a technical standpoint, (Aside from resolution and with that small of a bump I will not notice) and the games are better across the board wirelessly via Steam VR streaming on Virtual Desktop or on the Quest 2 itself at a cheap price point. There isn't much for content on Playstation that you cannot find either on the Quest 2 store or the millions of VR titles on Steam so content will never be an issue.

I am happy I was able to experience VR via PSVR and get into it - but once the gateway happened better alternatives exist outside the console realm.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Seriously. Tethered no chance. Not when you can get a quest 2 wireless and stream and play a MUCH larger library and not be tied to sony.