VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
i got my invite too, not gonna bother

oculus quest 2 will be on sale for black friday if anyone wants, its gonna be like $349 at walmart/etc with 2 free games 128gb model or around same price at costco for 256gb model

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Sorry boys, I'm on board with PSVR2. I don't really play any high end PC games anymore. I spend too much time at my desk for work as is. Console it is.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

if you got the emails it lets you preorder either bundle after you login

1668527243852.png

zero interest, the available games are very meh, it is NOT compatible with PSVR1 games (wtf Sony), and it has a giant ass cable

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's VR Games? I only ever used my Quest 2 for other errr "genres"...

Anything that is worth playing on a Quest 2, most games kinda look like trash.

• 1Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
almost seems like they’re testing their customer base, to see what level of bullshit they can get away with. They should just start charging a monthly sub to ‘enable vr’ just to see if some of you idiots bite

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There's VR Games? I only ever used my Quest 2 for other errr "genres"...

Anything that is worth playing on a Quest 2, most games kinda look like trash.

Tons.

1) Make sure to download Virtual Desktop so you can stream Steam VR (Half Life Alyx)
2) The Room 1 and 2, RE4, Walking Dead Saints and Sinners, Vader Immortal, Red Matter 1 and 2, Blade and Sorcery Nomad, Contractors, Golf +, Pistol Whip, Walk about Mini Golf, Gorn, Green Hell VR, Stride, to name a few.

Now, with that said, if you have a good wireless router within a solid distance of your wireless play area, you may want to consider buying these on Steam so you are not locked to the Meta library because Virtual desktop works VERY well and if you ever move to a different set, you always have access to those. I have a mix on the Quest 2 and some on Steam - but I never plan on moving away from free roam wireless VR - this thing works beautifully for the price and destroys PSVR2 by having access to the Steam library and full room wireless VR ANYWHERE you want to without base stations. Christ, PSVR2 doesn't even allow you to play PSVR1 games - who the hell thought THAT was a good idea?

Whoeever buys PSVR2 is a fucking simp.

Now the main benefit to owning the games on quest 2 - Go to a fucking football field outside, draw your play space around the entire thing, and play Red Matter walking EVERYWHERE in the game :p (I did that once) - It was INSANELY awesome even though I know full front and center I looked like a fucking idiot :) But I do not care :)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went to a moving traincar in vrchat last night. All was well till I looked out the window. 🤮

• 1Double Worf

spronk

FPS noob
if you are CES they have 5 PSVR2s setup with the new Horizon VR game you can play for 15 mins, its pretty good headet feels and visuals wise with a single SUPER long cable but it wasn't really enough to want me to pay $600 for it, I'd still rather just play games on a TV. The controls are basically a variation of the quest 2 / vive controls.

there were a bazillion new tiny company VR headsets that all had fancy features and were smaller and wireless, one was basically a slightly heavier pair of smartglasses and that was the coolest but the rendering was pretty shit and the glasses get hot lol. Every year there is some new rando startup that shows it off at CES and you never hear about them again.

Magic Leap was also at CES, they are fully corporate focused now and honestly i was shocked they are still in business, thought the whole thing was a big scam

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Man just imagine if I could buy this thing and play the 50 psvr titles I probably have.

No thanks Sony I'll stick with wireless pcvr.

This reminds me - we are due for another tag team coop game like Bridge Commander :)

Daezuel: "Shit I spilled my beer"
Utnayan: "RED ALERT"

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Anyone who buys this should be sent to the island of misfit consumers.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That and you have wireless quest 2 for half the price. Stream from steam. Room VR. Hardware is near identical, and the psvr2 isn’t backwards compatible with psvr1 games (I mean come on).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they're making some pivots w/ software already too. Like so many I'll just never buy into a solution like this, especially when they've already gone a non-backward compatible path once already with their approach.

• 1Solidarity

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Could part of the low preorder projections be the lack of game information? I know they’ve now announced like 30 games at launch, but when preorders went live their list was much smaller. Doesn’t seem like they marketed their “killer launch game” enough either whether that’s the horizons vr game or the just recently announced GT7 vr. I’ve seen quite a few people on Reddit saying “yeah I’ll get one eventually when X or Y game is announced”

spronk

FPS noob
what the fuck has facebook been doing, they lost $10b in 2021 and $14b on their VR division

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users