WandaVision

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was dumb as fuck. 22 minutes of boring ass sitcom doing zero to advance or establish the plot for the season.

Have to admit I hope this picks up pace soon. The whole, "I Dream of Jeannie" schtick ala with Pleasantville is already old.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Its extremely hard to change an accent, its almost impossible to LOSE an accent as an adult, and if your native language isn't originally a branch of a language who's accent you're trying to imitate, then it is IMPOSSIBLE. You could probably pick up a British accent as a native American, but good luck speaking Russian without an accent as an American, or vice versa.

Wanda is from an Eastern European country of Sokovia, speaking a Slavic language, that is written in Cyrillic alphabet (as you can tell by watching the signs and billboards in last act of Age of Ultron). Her speaking flawless English is nonsense.
believe arnold schwarzenegger GIF

fris

Vyemm Raider
one way to rate Movies (and now shows) of the MCU is replayability. There's zero reason I'll watch these 2 episodes ever again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Show is pretty wild, we're seeing a psychotic breakdown from the perspective someone who can warp reality as a coping mechanism. Wondering if Agnes (likely Agatha Harkness) is a friend or foe, could be just trying to help save her from herself.

Nice to have the MCU back in any form, though I'm reminded of this joke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Might be just easier to say, "yeah it was stupid but we couldnt have her speaking in that accent for the rest of her career" rather than doing mental gymnastics
I mean this is the actual reason but some people are more comfortable with the mental gymnastics to explain it away instead of handwaving it. Not sure why that matters so much to you.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I mean this is the actual reason but some people are more comfortable with the mental gymnastics to explain it away instead of handwaving it. Not sure why that matters so much to you.
It doesnt.

But apparently it matters a lot to people who are doing the mental gymnastics.

• 1Garbage

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There are a ton of little easter eggs and small details buried in here. I fully expect to go back and rewatch later to catch more of them.

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Jesus christ, isn't the superhero cycle dead yet? Can we go back to sparkly vampires yet?

• 1Salty
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have to admit I hope this picks up pace soon. The whole, "I Dream of Jeannie" schtick ala with Pleasantville is already old.
its a takeoff of Bewitched. in I Dream of Jeanie, there is no cuck husband. those 2 episodes were pretty bad. the only highpoints so far are Scarlet Witch in a one piece. i have no doubts it will get better as it progresses, but right now its pretty predictable. the easter eggs seem to be just a reminder to people that this is an MCU show and not to shut it off because its stupid. i dont care about her losing her bohunk accent.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first 2 episodes were pretty Mehh for me. The best part of both episodes lasted 3 seconds.

When she changed expression and said "no". THAT was the Scarlet Witch I wanted to see.

I assume this is going to start picking up pace soon. Also...23 minute episodes are stupid when released weekly.

Cybsled

It’s clear what angle they are going. SWORD is trying to get through to her, they succeed a little bit each time, and each success moves her into a different TV era as a metaphor for her psychological state. First episode is 50s, so super ideal but also superficial. Next one goes to early 60s, still ideal but slightly less so than the 50s. Each era will be slightly less ideal as her delusions begin to crack. I suspect the issues with the first two episodes people have will be rectified after the season’s story can play out

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think the runtime gets longer later on once the sitcom gets shattered. So far we've hit 50s (Mary Tyler Moore) and 60s (Bewitched) and it looks like 70s hits at the end of the second episode with a Brady Bunch or Partridge Family style.

It was a really well done homage to both the earlier genres. So try and enjoy it for what it is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
mackenzie dern

besides being the best womans bjj in the world, and good to look at... ppl tune in to hear her accent... or de-accent

she was born in arizona and grew up a cali girl

this is her 10 years ago, and they "document" her aquiring an accent

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the official reason for her dropping the accent is that she was training in espionage with black widow. it was CLEARLY just an excuse to get rid of a generic eastern european accent that wasn't really very good in the first place, but i'd actually have liked to see a movie based on that premise. black widow and scarlet witch being sexy spies would sell like hotcakes

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean Mila Kunis is from the Ukraine before moving to the states and she has no accent.