WandaVision

kroenen

Regimen Morum
I'm American. All you fucking foreigners sound the same. What the fuck is this "different accent" shit? Foreign is foreign for Christ's sake.
im-sorry-did-18354924c0.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I guess it would be more accurate to call Australian, British and American versions of English a "dialect" rather than an accent. You can throw "Ebonics" and "Pidgin" in there too.

Adapting dialects is relatively easy, speaking an entirely new language and sounding like a native is very hard.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
LOL.

How many languages do you speak?
The only one that matters... 'Murican. I learned in the military that when overseas, every foreigner understands 'Murican if you say it loud about and slow enough.
"Take us to the boat. Understand Pancho? THE BOOOOAAAAATTTT."

I also speak shitty Spanish and sound like El Gringo butchering it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Sprite.... tonic

Watched the first episode.....was weird. Liked it but weird. Wife was all confused

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I never understood why English / Aussie people sing without an accent.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
honestly that's a pretty common thing. more common than you'd expect, actually. when people are empathetic to others around them, they start blending traits. it's why dialects even are a thing.

as far as wanda goes, the only reason i think people really have an issue with it is because her accent basically disappears from one movie to the next. it would have been nice if in civil war, she still had an accent, but it was muted, and then by infinity war it was gone.
I do impressions of people at work. People think it’s hilarious that I can imitate others so well, I get a lot of people requesting me to do it just so they can laugh. Anyways there’s one dude I do an impression of when I’m out drinking with them I slip into my impression of him without even realizing I’m doing it. His wife thinks it’s hilarious but it’s just odd to me cause I don’t realize it, my wife will point it out that I’m doing it. Like I have no idea why it happens but it does. I could see hanging out with people with certain accents and developing one too without realizing it.

I also know a Filipino guy who has really bad English and a heavy accent. When he sings though he just sounds like a 50s crooner, it’s wild.

With all that said I have no idea who this fighter is and just stumbled across this thread and conversation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Was looking for something to fill the friday now that mandalorian and discovery is on hiatus. WV is alright. Might rewatch some of the mcu movies I’ve forgotten, avengers, ironman and cap.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I never understood why English / Aussie people sing without an accent.

They are trained not to. The general American accent really isn't an accent at all. It is free of inflections and assorted vocal sundry that gives accents their ear. It is more or less a vocally neutral way of speaking. In singing, you try sing notes in the same way as presented. Drawling or twanging notes makes the whole exercise a discordant mess. Again...as with speaking it is a neutral way of putting sound of of your mouth.

People can sing with their accents and it the standard way in almost every form of folk singing all around the world. Perhaps the best sample of this are Irish folks songs. Every try to get 10 Irish drunks to harmonize? That's why we train people to sing without accents. :D

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
It was different, but good. People complain about the "same old shit" coming out of Hollywood and now we get something different. It's incredibly slow burn but it's showing someone is fucking with her. Also I bet if we had color that one piece was red. That and the fishnets were a play on her old comic costume.

Drunk Bettany was channeling his Chaucer character in a Knight's Tale.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Beatles sound very British. So does Alex from Arctic Monkeys. His accent is actually so strong it sounds like a parody. And then Mick Jagger (and Elton John to a lesser extent) sings like a British guy trying to sound like a Mississippi Delta blues guy. Plenty of British vocalists sound British.

Those Nordic folks though. They sound amazingly American when they sing.

I found the first two episodes entertaining. Elizabeth Olsen is hot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok so whats the deal with you guys hating on screen crush? i know screen rant are the dickheads, but where did screen crush touch you? there was a lot of info in those videos on these 2 episodes.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying it so far. This is exactly the tone I was hoping for at the start, and I think I have a good idea where this is going. Contrary to what some above have said, I think this is going to be an insta rewatch to see all the clues I might have missed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
First episode was dumb as fuck. 22 minutes of boring ass sitcom doing zero to advance or establish the plot for the season.
Second episode was too.

Pleasantville did this concept almost 20 years ago. Why they needed to drag this shit out is beyond me. Doing 2 episodes of "mocking 50's comedy series" is stupid. What a seriously dumb idea for your series that you probably spent an exorbitant amount of money on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
i think its possible to blend accents, but not totally trade one for the other unless you're doing it on purpose. i grew up in NJ next to Manhattan, so sometimes i talk like a New Yorker and other times i have the joisey thing going on. but ive lived here my entire life. if i move to England, i'm pretty sure i'll still sound like the same east coast asshole i have always been.
Pressure to conform and communicate yield results.

• 1Like