WandaVision

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
the SW and Agnes fight was just basically them floating around each other for almost all of the episode, trading lame quips
i dont even understand where white vision came from, thats barely explained

the plot was mostly resolved but it was just underwhelming

i also learned that its probably very hard to script/write an interesting fight between 2 magic users. youre basically forced to pad it with a ton of bad dialogue.

1614956168198.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the SW and Agnes fight was just basically them floating around each other for almost all of the episode, trading lame quips
i dont even understand where white vision came from, thats barely explained

the plot was mostly resolved but it was just underwhelming

i also learned that its probably very hard to script/write an interesting fight between 2 magic users. youre basically forced to pad it with a ton of bad dialogue.

View attachment 339793
sure, if your name isnt Toliken or Poe, this episode was focused primarily pew pew "i have the high ground" stuff.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
It was fine for what it is. It's basically a long ass prologue for what's coming up in the MCU. Could definitely have been better, but it's not nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be either.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Ya, I liked that part. Using logic to resolve the conflict.

The show essentially setup multiple movie threads.

Nick Fury sent a Skrull to Monica, so that will probably be a Captain Marvel 2 tie in. Wanda reading the Darkhold at the end will probably end up being the Doctor Strange 2 tie in, because the Darkhold is never good news. Agents of SHIELD had Ghostrider basically "get rid of it", but then it showed up in that Cloak&Dagger show also. The book does corrupt those who use it, so that will definitely be a concern.

I wonder if they'll end up using it to explain mutants. In her effort to bring her kids back, she ends up creating mutants on the planet and then you've got X-Men.

Anyways, was kinda disappointing to not see lots of fan theories came to fruition

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Ya, I liked that part. Using logic to resolve the conflict.

The show essentially setup multiple movie threads.

Nick Fury sent a Skrull to Monica, so that will probably be a Captain Marvel 2 tie in. Wanda reading the Darkhold at the end will probably end up being the Doctor Strange 2 tie in, because the Darkhold is never good news. Agents of SHIELD had Ghostrider basically "get rid of it", but then it showed up in that Cloak&Dagger show also. The book does corrupt those who use it, so that will definitely be a concern.

I wonder if they'll end up using it to explain mutants. In her effort to bring her kids back, she ends up creating mutants on the planet and then you've got X-Men.

Anyways, was kinda disappointing to not see lots of fan theories came to fruition

I had to lookup the reference, had never heard of it, but was very interesting!

Cybsled

It's an interesting thought experiment that frequently comes up when discussing advancements in technology that could replace parts of your body with artificial replacements, or the possibility of consciousness/mind transference into an artificial vessel: At a certain point, are you still you?

It also has more "real" applications in terms of a thought experiment and the concept of 'self': Certain parts of the body will regenerate and replace cells, but others do not. For instance, some parts of the brain are thought to stay with the same cells your entire life, while other parts do not and are replaced. From our perspective, we are unchanged, but in truth parts of us have been replaced.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
When vision touched vanilla vision it's as if he taught a man how to fuck, and a way he went to raise hell. Where vanilla vision go??

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, just a little anticlimactic. They always fail to write the interesting things fans come up with into the show.

Best part was there was literally only a single scene with entitled millennial bitch

Vision vs vision philosophy puzzle was actually well done I thought.
In this case though, weren't the fans just regurgitating comics plotlines?

So the writers were so bad they couldn't even come up with something interesting when they could rip off an already completed work and look good for doing so?

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Some the special effects were very dodgy in this episode specifically. The question being, did this episode just not get finalized pre-covid, or is this already exceeding the budget for the Marvel TV shows?

Using Evan Peters for Quicksilver and having him just be "Some Guy" that exists in the MCU was very weird.

At the end of the day, the Malcolm in the Middle episode is the only homage episode I'd watch for actual entertainment purposes again, vs. a refresher for what happened in the show.

Edit: Also, (only) white man cartoonishly bad. Enjoy Zemo as the bad guy in the Falcon and Winter Soldier next.

Cybsled

Ya, Hayward becoming some cartoonish villain willing to murder kids and crush skulls with no understandable motivation was stupid. At least Agatha we could understand her POV: She wanted power and felt like Wanda was just wasting it. Hayward wanted a Vision he could control to do...what? They never really spelled it out. Feels like something ended up on the cutting room floor that would have explained it. Even if they just gave him some "get rich" angle where he is willing to do shady shit just to make bank would have made more sense.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hayward's motivation seems to be aligned with the Sentient Weapons aspect of S.W.O.R.D. inasmuch as he wants a gun to use against the next Thanos that comes-a-calling. He clearly was on the Sokovian Accord side of things and sees superpowered people as a necessary evil at best to fight off those threats.

They left things open that they could, in the future, come back and use as hooks to hang narrative from. Hayward's motivation could itself be tied to Secret Invasion and all Skrull stuff. I forgot what the schedule looks like, do we get Secret Invasion before Cap Marvel 2?

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
In this case though, weren't the fans just regurgitating comics plotlines?

So the writers were so bad they couldn't even come up with something interesting when they could rip off an already completed work and look good for doing so?
Most of the fan theories that were direct comic book plotlines do still appear to be valid, imo, just moving into Dr Strange 2, especially with the post credits scene.

Agatha is still around to teach Wanda, should she require it.
The Nexus of Realities looking basement is still under Ralph Boner's house, which is presumably where Agnes was sent, and was shown to us in real world aspect ratio, not TV show, so it is presumably real and in play
The Darkhold is in her possession, and we hear her children calling for her while she is Astral Projecting. So the comic plotline of them being real but using shards of Mephisto's soul is still in play as well (or her being corrupted by it/him, since thats what the book does).
It also makes me wonder if the Darkhold plays into Dr. Strange 2, if we will get a Elizabeth Hurley cameo in it as Morgan Le Fay

All in all, the show was primarily about Wanda dealing with her grief and retconning her into a more powerful version of herself than was shown during the Avengers movies (where she was already nearly powerful enough to 1v1 Thanos) and sowing a lot of seeds for the next few movies.

Also, I hope the witness protection guy Jimmy Woo was looking for was Paul Rudd and we get a visual gag of him transforming through the timeframes quickly at the start of Antman 3, since that ended up being an unimportant mcguffin.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Only thing I was hoping for was a Dr. Strange cameo. It didn't make sense to me how she realized how powerful she is, it's magic, and she didn't make a beeline to Bleeker Street to see another Avenger who's title is "Sorcerer Supreme."

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The only thing that really bugged me was White Vision trying to crush Wanda's head. First off that would have been instant pulp, second, why would WVision not use his powers to stick his hand inside her head and materialize it in there. No but really he was sent in there to kill Wanda, not fight fake Vision, but it seems like he forgot that or something.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The only thing that really bugged me was White Vision trying to crush Wanda's head. First off that would have been instant pulp, second, why would WVision not use his powers to stick his hand inside her head and materialize it in there. No but really he was sent in there to kill Wanda, not fight fake Vision, but it seems like he forgot that or something.
i guess the idea was, he was still Vision and not Ultron so killing SW wasnt cool with him, he just needed that spark from ghost Vision to be all that he could be.
their whole encounter reminded me of something from original Star Trek, Kirk and crew beam up and somehow end up in a paralel dimension and he's dealing with Evil Spock, he's evil because of the mustache. Kirk reasons with E Spock that it would be better to have evil Kirk and crew returned to E Spock than kill the good Kirk and crew

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Some the special effects were very dodgy in this episode specifically. The question being, did this episode just not get finalized pre-covid, or is this already exceeding the budget for the Marvel TV shows?

Its kind of absurd that Wandavision had a $200M budget with most of it being just small town sets and not a lot of special effects. And only 2 major stars (Olsen, Bettany). Yet it was almost as expensive as the first Avengers movie and more expensive than most of MCU movies

1614973005667.png

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There is also creative accounting involved. They are gonna make bank on the Agatha merchandise alone.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The Quicksilver stuff turned out to be lame and no segway to X-Men, Mutants or Multi-verse

What exactly has been set up for next phase of MCU? Vision is resurrected and Wanda is more powerful? Whoopy

• 1Like