WandaVision

Cybsled

Pretty much. Replace SWORD with virtually any military organization and end result is the same. Much like Monica, this felt mostly as an introduction to a new organization (although kind of an odd way to introduce it...now SWORD will have a villain taint to it, unlike SHIELD which was the good guys until the whole Hydra thing).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I feel as if the whole SWORD/Hayward is going to be apart of how they go about the secret invasion which I guess is the obvious answer. I'm sure he will get some sort of scooby doo moment coming up, and some sort of murder/replace all heroes agenda. I just saw pure foreshadowing. Inserting any other org wouldn't really make sense in the current universe. Just seems like they were trying to give out more suspect vibes when its an FBI skrull requesting Rambaeu to go up to Fury; shield/hydra 2.0 type shit. I'm sure there are plenty of acronym agencies in the comics to go around though, and looks like we're getting Ross/US Govt and more government agencies coming w/ Falc and Winter Solider.. + a Russian fleshout with Black Widow.

Personally didn't mind Rambeau, I definitely would have not enjoyed a long drawn out version of her character origins, and I don't see her being a leader/front runner of any team or movie. She just seems very sidekick-ish. I think her powers will be cool to see, but I don't think i'm really looking forward to see her learn her powers. I'd rather just be in/out with it.

As far as Evan Peters, i'd much rather them distance themselves farfar away from Fox xmen.. but in ways, makes me feel bad for Evan Peters, given that he more than likely won't have any roles moving forward.. other than maybe him putting the necklace back on and returning the Fietro; which sounds terrible.

Either way, the way I see it, the series still beats the lower end of movies and serves as a better gateway to opening up the universe than Avengers 2 did. I'm not big on watching things twice, but I do remember Avengers 2 feeling much like a trailer of all the things to come.. which probably could have been a bit better done in a 9ep series, and condensing Wandavision in a 2hr movie would have served us just as much as it did a 9 episode series.. Easter eggs were cool, but the payoff really didn't happen in the series; its clear people want more to do with the universe, but the director/writers wanted more to do with Wanda and Vision.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"WandaVision's Emma Caulfield on the Perils of Being a Red Herring | Vanity Fair"

They basically cast people to intentionally send the rumour mill into overdrive
paul bettany pulled the same stunt. they were being dicks for the sake of being dicks. i guess they know they have a literal locked in audience.

• 1Garbage

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Lol, Urine Avenger!
Temp4.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
While I mostly enjoyed anything happening inside the hex, what was the point of the show? They set it up as some sort of big mystery, but the mystery just ended up being a new character in the show who was dealt with by the end of the show and has little implications going forward. The *redacted* meeting with the new Captain Marvel wasn't integral to the plot. I just feels like the entire show didn't do enough to affect things going forward. There needed to be a payoff and it never happened

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
The only signifigant thing was rezzing (white-supremicist) Vision. Also why would he just fuck off and leave, I mean he knows his woman is right there being attacked lol. Doesn't even confront the guy that fucked him over.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
well it set up a few things.
one the return of vision - during the philosphy fake vision unlocked real visions memories
2 gave wanda her "REAL" powers and named her scarlet witch- remember a SCARLET witch is MORE powerful than dr strange according to what was said.
3 set up photon -possible capt marvel 2 stuff
4 possible secret invasion but.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
but why was Monica so hellbent on giving Wanda the benefit of the doubt, and seemed more concerned with 'helping' her instead of all the innocent civilians being mind controlled.
Because if Wanda is the problem, Wanda also had to be the solution!!!!11

I literally laughed out loud at that meaningless deepity. Dumb writing to move the plot along.
And you're spot on about the CW feel outside the Hex. If every Marvel movie felt this way, they wouldn't be nearly as popular. It actually makes me a little worried about the quality of the next batch of films. Are the writers from this show involved in any of the movies?

Jive Turkey

Karen
well it set up a few things.
one the return of vision - during the philosphy fake vision unlocked real visions memories
2 gave wanda her "REAL" powers and named her scarlet witch- remember a SCARLET witch is MORE powerful than dr strange according to what was said.
3 set up photon -possible capt marvel 2 stuff
4 possible secret invasion but.

I guess. Just felt like a missed opportunity to introduce something big. Instead we got what could've been movie subplots.
I know it sounds like I hated the show, but I genuinely enjoyed most of it. Just disappointed in the end I guess

spronk

FPS noob
yeah it felt like a show that almost predates Infinity War / EndGame, except for the obvious setup of Wanda goes nuts because Vision dies in front of her (twice).

Hopefully the other MCU D+ series are a little more meaningful to the next marvel phase but after EndGame I was pretty much assuming the MCU is going to go into a downward spiral and shit the bed, so I don't really care. If they are great, awsome, if they suck, no surprise

ton of memes on twitter about Vision being a black dude now - Vi'shawn - after showing up in a Rock turtleneck in the finale

which is kinda ironic given that version of vision is fake and goes away and the only one that remains is white vision

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I literally laughed out loud at that meaningless deepity. Dumb writing to move the plot along.
And you're spot on about the CW feel outside the Hex. If every Marvel movie felt this way, they wouldn't be nearly as popular. It actually makes me a little worried about the quality of the next batch of films. Are the writers from this show involved in any of the movies?
ask yourself this, who are the most popular MCU characters? Cap and Tony. who directed the best MCU films? The Russo brothers. none of those guys are in phase 4.

I guess. Just felt like a missed opportunity to introduce something big. Instead we got what could've been movie subplots.
I know it sounds like I hated the show, but I genuinely enjoyed most of it. Just disappointed in the end I guess
the nerds on youtube are all saying that the big reveal is that Scarlet Witch is being taken over by the Darkhold and will do anything to get her "children" back. which brings in Chthon. so Doctor Strange2 will be about saving her from his hold and of course a big showdown at the end.

• 2Garbage

Xevy

Log Wizard
Good chance that with the Dark Hold and Wanda having powers before encountering the Mind Stone means Cthon is coming as most likely the big bad for the next saga. A lot of people, including me, were betting on Mephisto and he could for sure come in still, but everything is lining looking like Cthon and the Elder Gods may be the next even for the MCU.

Whether Wanda was a "born witch" or gets her powers from Cthon's attempted escape (from Wundagore mountain which MIGHT have been where her cabin is at the end) it at least means there are now people out there with powers naturally instead of people enhanced by accidents and tech. Not saying "mutant", but they could definitely push for that.

The ending of the show wasn't amazing, but wasn't bad. A lot of people over-hyped themselves with more complicated lines that Marvel was willing to make. It did set several things in motion even if there wasn't some super big "OH SHIT WANDA NUKED NEW YORK" level event. I think this is perhaps the bread crumb start of the bigger story they're going to develop over the next 5+ years and we were so spoiled with the reward of Infinity War being so recent we feel robbed or something.

I personally just hope Falcon and WS is just a good marvel action show. I'm not looking for Hydra Cap or any crazy shit from it to hopefully temper my expectations. Hopefully there's some mystery and at least a big/well done fight scene in 1/2 of the episodes.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

This is why I said, before the final episode, if this is a letdown it's a crushing blow to the IP. This is the first piece of phase four of the MCU. Doesn't really instill confidence.

• 2Like