Says the flat earth believer.

jj laughter.jpg

• 4Garbage
  • 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Saw an interesting theory that Ralph Bohner is a triple fake -- that we are meant to think 'oh God it's Pietro but then go 'oh it's just some dude that Agatha charmed' but it may really be Pietro and that he is the witness in protection that Jimmy Woo was coming to check on. The logic being that nothing in Agatha's powerset indicates she's capable of giving someone superpowers plus the notable lack of resolution with the witness business.
Interesting theory, but one problem I always have with these "alternate reality" bubbles is who's to say what is really a superpower and what's not. I think it's reasonable to think someone who can alter minds and create illusions can make the "illusion" of someone moving fast. You would think Wanda would see through that kind of illusion but she didn't see through the change in face illusion either so /shrug.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Apparently they were working right up to the wire on post production. This is part of why the episode run lengths were not known as they didn't have a final cut of the finale until after episode 7 aired!

One casualty of this was the Senor Scratchy scene in the finale that they filmed but cut and didn't do the FX for. Basically Monica, Ralph, Darcy and the kids go to get the Darkhold from Agatha's basement and come across Senor Scratchy who goes through a big American Werewolf in London transformation sequence into a hulking demon and chases them around. It didn't fit in with the overall vibe for the finale so they cut it but it may show up as a deleted scene at some point.

Noteable in that is the idea that Ralph is not a bad guy though they don't say if he still has his speed at that point.
odd we didnt hear this "the show isnt finished, we had all this other cool stuff planned to explain our lackluster ending, but we just didnt have the time" excuse until after the audience reaction. then before the last episode they say "dont be disappointed with the ending not answering your questions". i guess if they admitted the show wasnt done and not fully fleshed out, not as many would have tuned in. my question is, is the Falcon show completed? is anything else planned for this year even close to being done?

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed it for what it was, I like the Wanda we got at the end full costume and powerful, I like the retcon origin where she was always a witch rather than given her powers by one of the Stone.

I like the new Vision, curious to see where they'll go with it. It a nice way to reintroduce him, without making his death totally meaningless.

I'm curious to see what they'll do with Monica in Captain Marvel 2. She wasn't given much to work in WandaVision but she seems decent enough to me, more likeable than Brie anyways.

I'm also interested in seeing where they go with Wanda and the Darkhold and her kids, most likely in Doctor Strange 2.

So I am happy with the development, and the setup they did for future stuff.

That said, I don't know if I'll ever watch it again as it wasn't excited on a per episode basis.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I don't know why it didn't occur to me that the coda at the very end is at Wundagore mountain, but it makes sense.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah that was my big question really, how the fuck is Ralph Boner running around at super speed? If Agatha can give randos super powers then that is pretty crazy. Its not just Wanda who did it either, he super sped his way to her house before Wanda even know who he was.

Plus why did he look like that instead of looking like actual Pietro? The whole thing was fucking weird. He looked the way he looked because for viewers, he looked like Quicksilver from X-Men. But that makes ZERO sense in show, if Agatha was just using him to trick Wanda she would have made him look like her real brother. You can't tell me she has enough power to grant him QuickSilver powers but not enough power to change the way he looks?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I hope they make a ‘watch it all without the credits’ mode. Should be a good afternoon.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
During a podcast w/ the director and kevin smith.. in short, sounds like they wanted the joke to land.. but he essentially goes on to talk about the stages of grief and bargaining. The purpose of Evan Peters was to be jarring for the viewer, and to see Wanda accept him as Pietro, but constantly give nods to being like "uh is that rly you, wait what." Iirc, in story, Agatha goes on about not being able to get the real Pietro's corpse, so its possible she doesn't even know what he looks like. Granting powers and shit, no idea, maybe a nod/reference to House of M.

ts'd the Evan Peters part, because lol 2 hrs.. with really only like 20-30mins of anything regarding the show sprinkled in there.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
During a podcast w/ the director and kevin smith.. in short, sounds like they wanted the joke to land.. but he essentially goes on to talk about the stages of grief and bargaining. The purpose of Evan Peters was to be jarring for the viewer, and to see Wanda accept him as Pietro, but constantly give nods to being like "uh is that rly you, wait what." Iirc, in story, Agatha goes on about not being able to get the real Pietro's corpse, so its possible she doesn't even know what he looks like. Granting powers and shit, no idea, maybe a nod/reference to House of M.

ts'd the Evan Peters part, because lol 2 hrs.. with really only like 20-30mins of anything regarding the show sprinkled in there.
he should have gotten one scene where everything slowed down while he did stuff. or give him a small arc where he helps defeat Agatha. something.

• 1Garbage

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Without a doubt, it falls pretty flat by the end and their only excuse is that they chose to cut it.. Whether it's an ounce of unfinished sfx/covid, or 'didn't fit the show' just seems like a wasted reveal for him to be some guy. I think people respect Evan Peters, and like him as an actor.. So it just ends up being a kick in the nuts to them. But at the same time, it could just be a Matt Damon throwaway since the start.

Who knows, him being a loose end might make him someone later? But nothing logically makes sense, even if it's him putting the necklace and resuming quicksilver.

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Would have been fairly easy, and logical given the power origin of the black girl, to say the combination of the Hex along with Agatha's manipulation altered his DNA and turned him into the new quicksilver. Can even continue to call him Pietro. He would have as much or as little relationship with Wanda as you need at the moment since he's not really her brother but can be if needed for plot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
reminds me of the scenes they didnt show of Rob's army in GoT doing stuff, they would show after it was over. they werent able film those scenes because of budget. still sucked though.

• 1Garbage

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is this actually any good or just more Hollywood, "woke" trash? I'm also not interested at all if it's alternate reality/prequel shit.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is this actually any good or just more Hollywood, "woke" trash? I'm also not interested at all if it's alternate reality/prequel shit.

not woke trash

just plain ole trash

• 1Edgelord

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you're bored, then watch it to kill time, its not offensively bad. just a waste of time because there is nothing big that happens.

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob

it depends entirely on how much you love 50-80s sitcoms, if you love that shit the first few episodes are great. If you are disinterested in that shit or never watched I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, Brady Bunch, Honeymooners, Leave it To Beaver, etc then its probably not gonna be that interesting.

i found the sitcom stuff far more fun than the MCU stuff, which was mostly uninteresting to me as someone who doesn't know a thing about comic book lore