WandaVision

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Do I need to watch F&WS to enjoy it?
So far all the D+ shows are direct continuations off of Endgame, but they're standalone with regards to each other. No need to watch one show to be able to follow what's happening in another.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do I need to watch F&WS to enjoy it?

I mean, it will make it seem even better. Kinda like how smashing your thumb with a hammer will make it that much more enjoyable when you don't miss the nail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it wasnt for Katherine Hahn I wouldnt give a shit. But shes fantastic so Id watch it.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first four episodes. Favorite part so far was Wanda in a leotard and fishnets. I really liked the first 3 episodes playing with different eras of sitcom. I guess a lot of people hated those but I was entertained and wanted to see more eras get represented, hopefully in further episodes.

Ep 4 on the other hand was a jarring transition into real world stuff and I found both Monica Rambeau and the nerd chick from Thor to be pretty annoying.

Juvarisx

Florida
  • 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
-sighs-
ok, i will watch.
Shes already pretty, but her personality alone makes me ...
stop-it-boner.-no-meme.jpg

My g/f would have to slide over if I ever found a copy of her irl.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
i never watched Legion, is it worth doing so at this point?

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Legion is the best comic book show ever but its a mind fuck. Its Noah hawley, same guy who did fargo (tv series), so if you like his style you like the show. Also if you like xmen mutant stuff youll like the show, even though the connection to the xmen universe is ultra subtle.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Legion had a great idea and ruined it by taking it too far. After about halfway through the last season I watched, it was no longer clear whether any person on screen was actually real, whether the events shown on screen were actually happening, or why the fuck anyone should care.

There were cool moments but it'd have been even cooler if an actual story emerged at some point.

Yeah, somebody will link the rap battle or whatever. It was a series of cool scenes like that, but it went beyond being a mindfuck you want to understand to being just kind of a dumb "none of this is real" thing.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Legion had a great idea and ruined it by taking it too far. After about halfway through the last season I watched, it was no longer clear whether any person on screen was actually real, whether the events shown on screen were actually happening, or why the fuck anyone should care.

There were cool moments but it'd have been even cooler if an actual story emerged at some point.

Yeah, somebody will link the rap battle or whatever. It was a series of cool scenes like that, but it went beyond being a mindfuck you want to understand to being just kind of a dumb "none of this is real" thing.
See that is kind of the point.

David is a mutant with multiple personalities and each personality has a different mutant power.

Were any of the different characters real? Did any of it happen? Was he in a psych ward the entire time imagining it all? Did he just create a personality that could time travel so he could cure himself when he was a baby?

I liken it to inception. There are subtle hints throughout that movie that lead credence to one theory or another but its ambiguous on purpose.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
And all of those would be interesting questions that they could have attempted to address. Instead we got a series of weird little music videos.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I may be one of the biggest defenders of Legion on this board but I like shows that are unashamedly weird. Its really not for everyone but it sure was for me. Plus I liked Weeping Angels on steroids on top of all the other craziness. I could post videos all day but I don't want to spoil the show. Best advice is to try it, you may get bogged down in s2 a bit but the payyoff was worth it.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Eh to each his own but the point of the show was addressing it.

Like inception, it leaves the viewer asking, was it all a dream? The movie never asks it, it never addresses it, but it leads the viewer to ask. And it ends with the spinning top, leaving it ambiguous.

Legion begins in a mental hospital with david in a very trippy but grounded reality and it spirals from there. Like you said it get crazier and crazier as the seasons go on and eventually you the viewer thought "none of this is real?"

The world never states that david has multiple personalities, nor does it hint at it. As presented, david is just a powerful telekinetic, like phoenix level telekinesis but thats it. The comic book and his name (legion) are the only hints that something else may be happening than just believing what you are being shown. I mean the show doesnt end with a spinning top but it does end with the baby thing, which i took as the same thing. Did all those things happen and his friends saved him or did he manifest a new personality with the ability to time travel? Were the only real people in this show david and the shadowking?

Ultimately its a show about a guy with schizophrenia told from his pov. Its a look into a mind of madness. Kind of a Mulholland drive vibe. Yeah its weird and artsy but it was damn entertaining.