WarCraft (2016)

Column_sl

shitlord
WoW really isnt that big in the US. So I assume they will release this one in foreign markets first to get some traction.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think the success of this will heavily depend on how its marketed. They've already got a pretty solid Warcraft fan base, but in order for the movie to be truly successful they've got to make it known by your average Joe. The other day I mentioned to a large group of family and friends that the trailer for the Warcraft movie had been released, and none of them knew what the hell I was talking about (despite all being avid movie-goers in general).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I got the joke, but being serious, if Force Awakens is a hit then nothing will touch star wars for at least the next 6 years. If it fails to live up to expectations, then you have a new debate. Looking back at that argument, it was silly of anyone to think Avengers 2 would out-hype Star Wars.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Post Blizzard cinematics ITT:

(Just because it's new)
Listening to Furor in the panel you'd think this was one of their best, but I thought it was kinda meh. Though I kinda like how they adjusted Varian's face to have a closer resemblance to actor playing his dad in the movie.

Hell, the original WoW cinematic is over 11 years old and it's still solid. The Dwarven hunter looks better than any of the misbegotten cretins in Peter Jackson's the Hobbit and the Undead lock with his prayer beads is still pretty fucking awesome.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If this goes well in the box office and more important, no nerd rage, i predict bli$$ard will think the possibility of a Starcraft movie.
So........i hope this movie bombs big time.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Thought the trailer looked awful, will definitely not be seeing this one in theatre. Can't say that I won't one day get bored and torrent it though.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
This should be straight to DVD, was not expecting it to be THAT horrible... wow, just wow

iannis

Musty Nester
So here's the real question, will it be better or worse than Dungeons and Dragons the movie, the one with the wayans brother.

I'm going out on a limb and saying worse.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
You have to compare it to other game inspired movies. Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within is the yard stick to use.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hm. True. Hard call.

I think I watched Spirit Within, but I can't remember any part of it.

For damn sure though it won't be better than He Man: Master of the Universe: DA MOVIE. Now that movie was some wonderful schlock.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely not as good as Super Mario Brothers with Leguizamo and the late great Bob Hoskins

khorum

Murder Apologist
You have to compare it to other game inspired movies. Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within is the yard stick to use.
That's a hell of a stick tho. Most of them are actually like Bloodrayne and Doom.

I bet this falls between Bloodrayne and the first Hitman movie.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Some of you guys are acting like this movie should have been the next Lord of the Rings as far as production and cgi goes. I never expected perfect realistic cgi in the warcraft movie from the moment I heard they were making a movie. It's obvious the environment of the world would make it nearly impossible to make it true to life. I enjoy the bright colors used and obvious grander than life aesthetic they used for the movie.

As far as story, well your going to lose alot in translation to the big screen. Some things are going to have to be cut while some are going to be added. Take Durotan for instance. In the original story he never trusted Guldan and his clan (Frostwolf) refused to take part of the power he offered. Other clans did which is why the orcs turned green. From the Fel energy that the Demon Mannoroth had instilled into the horde. I'm sure we will see Gul'Dan offer a path to power in the movie but may not see any demons directly involved. Since Gul'Dan always kept that a secret to the end.

Eitherway I'm looking forward to it. With the lack of good hardcore fantasy movies I'm anticipating watching the movie just for the visuals.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Well with the amount of money Blizzard has made off WoW, we expected CGI at least as good as avatar, and they are much worse even though avatar is a 6 year old movie.