Warcraft III: Reforged

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wow they really get the spirit and community of gamers.

Also I bashed this for having a high price and just being a rerelease of the same game but I have done the same with other games I’ve enjoyed in the past, he’ll I bought shadow of the colossus three times. I think I was doing it because I hate what blizzard has become.

Sorry to hear it’s a pile of shit for those that were looking forward to it. Happy to see it’s a pile of shit for blizzard, they really do suck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
double post but it's sad to see Blizzard is still affected by refusing to work with Icefrog on DOTA 2 multiple times and then seeing a billion dollar franchise go to another company, so to solve that this is their response

It's actually insanely gross, even the wording is gross

yvCHKVa.jpg
I think it's even worse than that.

Custom games in Warcraft 3 was a source of both new game designers and market research on what their customers liked.

While they were distracted by all the WoW money they let all of that slip through their fingers. They couldn't even make a tower defence game.

There are still untapped genres in custom games: My favourite was the one were you had a worker unit and had to run from one player who got to be a monster hunting you down, the workers had to survive until they could fight back. I've never seen that done, but it's telling that the Starcract 2 versions were worse than the Warcraft 3 versions, did the creatives leave or is the SC2 editor worse?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
This whole thing (including what in the everloving fuck Blizzard has become) is a dumpster fire. And people will still happily buy Diablo 4.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think it's even worse than that.

Custom games in Warcraft 3 was a source of both new game designers and market research on what their customers liked.

While they were distracted by all the WoW money they let all of that slip through their fingers. They couldn't even make a tower defence game.

There are still untapped genres in custom games: My favourite was the one were you had a worker unit and had to run from one player who got to be a monster hunting you down, the workers had to survive until they could fight back. I've never seen that done, but it's telling that the Starcract 2 versions were worse than the Warcraft 3 versions, did the creatives leave or is the SC2 editor worse?

SC2 editor was not as good as Warcraft 3, sadly. I tried making a lot of maps in it but it just got frustrating. Apparently it's better now than it was around launch but by then it's too late. Also I don't really enjoy scifi so I never returned to it lol.

I'm really sad about this, I mean I don't expect anything I make to ever be successful or gain traction but this entire thing makes me rather go back to using Dota 2 tools instead. Imagine if this was the case with the original Dota? How impacted would the moba genre be? No fucking way they would've continued work on it just for blizzard to claim credit for it.

I know that post is a lot of legal talk but come on dude, not even Bethesda does that.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
SC2 editor was not as good as Warcraft 3, sadly. I tried making a lot of maps in it but it just got frustrating. Apparently it's better now than it was around launch but by then it's too late. Also I don't really enjoy scifi so I never returned to it lol.

I'm really sad about this, I mean I don't expect anything I make to ever be successful or gain traction but this entire thing makes me rather go back to using Dota 2 tools instead. Imagine if this was the case with the original Dota? How impacted would the moba genre be? No fucking way they would've continued work on it just for blizzard to claim credit for it.

I know that post is a lot of legal talk but come on dude, not even Bethesda does that.

No, Bethesda just found a way to monetize the work of others, including having gamers patch their own games better than they can.

I tried requesting a refund. Wish me luck.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Here is how to get a refund.

Refunds are almost immediate.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This whole thing (including what in the everloving fuck Blizzard has become) is a dumpster fire. And people will still happily buy Diablo 4.

I won’t be. They turned D3 into a fun game but nowhere near (for me) the depth of D2. It started out terribly and took them a while to fix it. All of the announcements and decisions they have made since then have been terrible. I do not trust them anymore to blindly buy D4 like I did with D3.

If it comes out and has rave reviews here I’m in but I’m not testing the waters myself.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
No, Bethesda just found a way to monetize the work of others, including having gamers patch their own games better than they can.

I tried requesting a refund. Wish me luck.

Bethesda still pays people for contributing to the creation club if they would like to be a part of it, though.

They're both gross companies don't get me wrong, and that's something for the Doom thread as well, but this is like a new low for modding lol

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Bethesda still pays people for contributing to the creation club if they would like to be a part of it, though.

They're both gross companies don't get me wrong, and that's something for the Doom thread as well, but this is like a new low for modding lol

Very true. Blizzard is definitely worse in this regard. :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Imagine being so incompetent you couldn't even remaster a great game built by the actual talent that left your company forever ago.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That, more than anything else, signals the death of the Blizzard I knew.

If I had a multi-billion dollar genre invented in the map editor to my own game that you failed to make a single dollar off of (actually Heroes of the Storm probably lost them money?) I'd be salty AF too I guess.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Honestly the campaign is perfect right now. I guess multiplayer is having some issues, but so does literally every other multiplayer in history on launch day unfortunately.

Only real major gripe I have is no profiles or custom channels or.. clans for that matter, which is fucking weird since they were such an integral part of the experience. Not sure what happened to the new UI but I don't really care cause it's the same functional UI we've always had but a bit nicer.

The game has some problems but there's a lot being blown up by the community that really isn't any issue whatsoever, like "the game looked better in the demo" when the only differences are people playing on low settings & the camera angles have changed. All the custom content stuff is full of cuckery though.

• 1Cringe

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Wow. Glad I didn't buy this. I lost my old WC3 CDs and have had a hankering to go back and play this for a while so I was pumped Reforged was coming out.

Reddit seems to be mostly unhappy with it.

I guess I am back to waiting on M&B. Nothing else is really on my radar.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If I had a multi-billion dollar genre invented in the map editor to my own game that you failed to make a single dollar off of (actually Heroes of the Storm probably lost them money?) I'd be salty AF too I guess.

They made money off of dota from people buying copies of the game to play it. Don't let blizzard convince you otherwise.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like