Warcraft III: Reforged

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's already a tournament for reforged? Why?
Why not? It's an old scene that never really went away, it's not like it's a new game. It is a shame they have this sort of issues though and they didn't have a modern way to handle them like saved states(so at least they can reload the game to shortly before the disconnects) or pause+reconnect. Technical issues happen in every game but games having to be restarted entirely is kinda fucked and usually doesn't happen in modern days anymore. The worst part is it wasn't a one time thing but a constant thing and not tied to a specific event either(I remember some dota2 tournaments they had to ban specific heroes due to bugs, generally illusion spawning shit that'd 100% crash the game but that was just the one hero).

Par for the course for Blizzard's handling of their esport scene though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Jesus christ. I don't give two fucks about e sports but this shit is robbery no doubt.
Between that one and the replacing of the original W3 with this version (except without the HD models)...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's already a tournament for reforged? Why?
I'm not 100% sure it's a tournament FOR reforged. Remember - if you are playing it on an internet connected platform, it actively tries to replace your game .exe with that abomination.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I'm not 100% sure it's a tournament FOR reforged. Remember - if you are playing it on an internet connected platform, it actively tries to replace your game .exe with that abomination.
Right but if I was going to host a WC3 tournament, it would be a LAN-only connection with no internet access. But that's just me, thinking I don't want Reforged cancer infecting my contestants.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
played a dozen games with a friend. Is this game "done" or what? Still no profiles, no matchmaking to speak of.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why would you buy this when you can get Total Warhammer 2

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

lol i had totally forgotten this even existed until this topic was resurrected

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard forgot it existed about 3 weeks after they announced & outsourced it at Blizzcon 2018.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
played a dozen games with a friend. Is this game "done" or what? Still no profiles, no matchmaking to speak of.
Pretty sure it got abandoned as fast as Capcom abandoned Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said there's something coming, sometimes in the future. Higher ups basically told everyone to stop wasting time on that shit at some point and it's been abandonned ever since, couple of janitors "finished" the game and they released to get the preorder money legally, took a lot of backlash, did the whole "we're sorry" spiel without doing anything about it and put one of the 2 janitors on the job of fixing all that shit in the next year.

Real shame what they did, and not looking forward to a D2 remake if it ever happens because it'd likely get the same treatment so they can focus on releasing D4 with a bunch of DLC/expansion/cosmetics/whatever they sell with it.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Didn't they offer refunds to those who asked? That pretty much spelled out "we abandoning this shit".

• 1Like