Warcraft III: Reforged

xzi

Mouthbreather
By the way, a tv/ movie derail in this thread will deliver more entertainement than this remaster will ever give.

While we're at it, Mr. Robot did more for cinematography than mainstream film has in the last decade.

There's some gems amonst the shit though of course, like 1917 & Joker.

xzi xzi Wanna play some 2v2 ?!?

Maybe when I beat the campaign and remember how to play lul

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I dunno about tv. I think thats where creativity truly shine these days. The quality of stuff i get from series on netflix alone far outweights whatever i can catch in theater.

I mean just look at the mandolorian ffs. This alone eclipse everything starwars related since the original trilogy. Thats just one exemple out of hundreds.
We’ll just have to disagree. Yes, there are some good shows but I see it more as a function of volume. For every good new series there’s a few dozen complete trash shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If I had a multi-billion dollar genre invented in the map editor to my own game that you failed to make a single dollar off of (actually Heroes of the Storm probably lost them money?) I'd be salty AF too I guess.
There's tower defence and auto chess too!

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh the trash is there for sure. But i still think if you filter it out, the potential of new engaging stories is more present than in movies. Every now and then a good movie pops for sure. Last one for me was waterworld 😉

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I guess it’s the plethora of shit you have to wade through to get something decent. With that said when is the last time an epic Tv series ended well? I did love the Mandalorian though. Shameless is hilariously awesome. But yeah risk adverse is correct I believe.

ps; watching first blood over lunch. More movies like this would be epic.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While we're at it, Mr. Robot did more for cinematography than mainstream film has in the last decade.

There's some gems amonst the shit though of course, like 1917 & Joker.

Maybe when I beat the campaign and remember how to play lul
I never played the campaign back in the day. Every time I'd load up War3, I'd just jump straight into multi-player so this will be a good time to finally do that campaign. I'm not a Lore nerd or anything either, so playing WoW from vanilla onward, I had no idea wtf was going on with the story, or why we were killing the Lich King.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never played the campaign back in the day. Every time I'd load up War3, I'd just jump straight into multi-player so this will be a good time to finally do that campaign. I'm not a Lore nerd or anything either, so playing WoW from vanilla onward, I had no idea wtf was going on with the story, or why we were killing the Lich King.

Ever like playing games like mass effect/alpha protocol and being the dude who murders everyone regardless of the situation? That's pretty much Arthas campaign for the latter half.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yea, wtf is really wrong with this that everyone is just blowing up over? That if you use their editor, they own it? Because when in the history of fucking game mods, do people make these mods and expect to get paid for it? How many mods in the entirety of Nexus mods site are pay mods versus free? Get the fuck over yourselves, and quit hating to hate. Oh no, it's 30gb!! RAGE RAGE RABBLE RABBLE. Seriously, wtf?

There is some valid points being made, I just don't understand the level of rage that seems to be happening over this.

And anyone recommend a RTS that isn't SC2? An RTS that is fantasy based? So not C&C with modern tech, not SC2 with space laser beams. Fantasy swords and magic.
This maybe? Age of Mythology

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the campaign is perfect right now. I guess multiplayer is having some issues, but so does literally every other multiplayer in history on launch day unfortunately.

perfect? screen goes black during cutscenes at times, subtitles for some characters never appear, when they do appear, the name is cut off (it's just G instead of Grom for example), the voice audio for me once cut out completely for no reason whatsoever.

The new graphics are really good, the redesign of a few missions is most welcome (for example they redesigned the Stratholme map to fit with the WoW version of the city) but perfect is a long shot.

Also, I can't select 2560x1080 resolution in the menu, but apparently this is a 1920x1080 resolution? Sure.
CpTloEw.jpg

I do appreciate that they went with the revised armor system for the campaign as opposed to old ROC where your tier 3 melee units kinda sucked because t1 dealt 150% damage to them because arrows are good vs heavy armor something something.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah it sucks so bad that you're halfway through the second campaign already instead of seeking a refund lol

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well that's unfortunate and clearly the game has issues I was just speaking from personal experience. Only bugs I've ran into was getting instant defeat screens and that was only last night when servers kept constantly crashing. Switched to offline and np.

Wack.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Between the star wars thread, the BFA thread and this i'm fucking baffled.

Do you guys actually like paying to eat shit? They don't even have the decency to try to pass it for chocolate anymore and you are STILL guzzling that diarrhea down.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather

Some of these are absolutely inexcusable - especially profiles/ladder/clans imo.

But some of these are just people making shit up, not to defend blizzard or anything but they said the cutscenes would be the same, there wouldn't be new campaigns (unless in the future they feel there's a need), they said they aren't reworking story elements because the outcry when they mentioned they want to change Jaina to be more in line with her wow counterpart. In fact a lot of this was during panels at blizzcon

The absolute dumbest one I keep seeing is that the graphics were downgraded which is a flatout lie other than armor not being as shiny which doesn't read well ingame anyways. Different camera angles does not = downgrade

But still fuck blizzard for most of this release