Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Not sure the new guys really understand, nor appreciate the power curve with forma, potato's and level mods yet. I reckon they'll catch on pretty quick though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, and the reverse is true as well. It's been so long since I started playing that it's hard to remember what you can and can't do without all the toys.

Something to add about the event, they drastically reduced requirements for ranking up with the "syndicate" so I think it's worth getting a lot more stuff now. I'm definitely going to make some infested zaws at the very least. The infested staff is probably just mastery fodder like the snipetron, but the rapier should be best in class. As is the dagger, if you make a Balla/Plague Akwin/??? one.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is this something I'd be able to do anytime soon? I just got to Mars. Mastery 2 with my highest warframe at 19 (really only have that and Prime Frost from the Twitch thing).
Can help you out with it. I still need to do it myself. Should be free all night/weekend for some warframe action.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, pub groups make it basically irrelevant what you are equipped with for it. You'll spend most of the time just running to the points. I sat at the defense part of it the other day just mining because I couldn't even get shots off on anything before it died to the rest of my team.

Vorph

Sounds like Gara trivializes the Hemocytes, and the ideal group is probably Gara + 3x Nekros/Hydroid because Desecrate and Pilfering Swarm actually work on them. I made a bunch of both toxins and will give it a shot later on.

Also have to do a bunch of void missions, as I severely overestimated how many ducats I had left.

Vorph

Yeah, even with enough forma BPs to last until spring it's really tempting to pick up a bunch of built ones. 3k rep is one bounty if you use 4 of each toxin.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
What do you mean 4 of each toxin? Are there multiple toxins? I've done the boil mission a couple of times and always followed the same path: go to grineer cave to get toxin, go to grineer camp put toxin in bus and defend it, take toxin to drone, follow drone to boil, kill infested for a couple of mins. I think I got 2k rep the first time and 1k the second time, not sure why the difference.

Vorph

There are two toxins you can craft. One BP is from rep*, the other is in the dojo chem lab. In a team of 4 each person should contribute 1 of each, but if you're soloing you can just dump in 4 of each. You equip them to your gear wheel and use them while standing near the toxin mixer that you have to defend in step 2. Each one increases rep by 250; one increases the infested spawn rate/level(?) and the other makes mini-Lephantis bosses appear that drop Hunter set mods.

*-This should be the first thing you buy. Turn in 1k rep to hit rank 1, then choose the BP as your rank-up reward.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Shit, they lowered it to 1k rep? I wonder if I have extra rep with them since I had to spend 5k to rank up when it started...

Haven't done it since the first 5 runs when it started but i'm gonna do my grinding on it sunday/monday probably since those are my days off and i've been trying to farm ducats/credits while baro is around.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ended up snagging primed regen and the toxin one, sands of inaros, maro detron and 8 of the A2 relics (hopefully rngesus will bless me with the akstiletto prime pieces). Seems weird to me that they have him leave Sunday morning instead of letting him run through the weekend to Monday morning.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Ended up snagging primed regen and the toxin one, sands of inaros, maro detron and 8 of the A2 relics (hopefully rngesus will bless me with the akstiletto prime pieces). Seems weird to me that they have him leave Sunday morning instead of letting him run through the weekend to Monday morning.
I think you mean Aklex Prime? The Akstiletto aren't vaulted yet. I've bought the Primed Toxin and regen mods only. I also find it weird that he leaves before the day is over.
Funny thing happened to me: I am leveling a Magnus for mastery and also building a second one for Akmagnus and wouldn't you know it I get a Akmagnus blueprint in the daily login reward. Sneaky bastards, algorithm figured out what I wanted next.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So as a noob what do i get from the operational supply?
Basically after the 2 mods only Forma seems useful to me atm (even though i got 100 bps from twitch drops).
Do i need to get those zaw items? I havent had time to get into PoE farm at all so far, so i dont know how good they are and if i will feel like i missed out if i dont get them now..Any advice?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Zaws are BIS for most of the 1H types. That said, melee is all about extreme range, and 1H weapons aren't good for much other than exalted weapon stat sticks and Covert Lethality daggers. No Zaw will remotely compete with Atterax, Galatine Prime, Lesion, etc. for raw damage. Also keep in mind you have to do a lot of normal PoE grinding in order to actually complete a weapon and then gild it (which is even more rep).

If you want to get the bare minimum for future use, buy Plague Keewar and Plague Kripath. Those are the two strikes, which is the part that gains mastery. The grips are not important at all besides being easier to grind for than normal Zaw parts. I'm probably going to get three of them for that reason--use one make a dagger out of Balla/Plague Akwin/one of the cheap links and the other two to make mastery fodder weapons with plague strike/plague grip/cheapass link.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Yeah, every time I head to Cetus to farm the event stuff there's an Augur Reach bounty and I end up wasting 2.5 hours trying to get it, fail again, and then log off in disgust. Up to about 10 hours just doing that now.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
This ones for Vorph Vorph

3 bounty runs, 3 Gara BPs. Back to back to back. Now to do some mining to get these gems.

Sorry Vorph.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Couldn't do it. Uninstalled after a few hours.
And here I started last week and I've got like 20+ hours played.

I'm still confused as hell, but I'm getting there (working on Jupiter). I have fuck all of a clue about this event thing that ends in a week, but hopefully I can figure it out and get some cool shit. Getting the free Frost Prime and Soma Prime has made things much easier, in addition to the mods Janx hooked me up with. Although it does make it a lot harder to level up additional weapons since I hate changing out something so powerful (and I still just have 2 warframes; probably should've started building ones sooner but I think my Rhino will start when I get home). Need to figure out how to make some platinum and open up more slots.

Anyway, Warframe has made me completely forget about Destiny 2. I had been a bit bitter about it since I felt like it was just so shallow. But with Warframe I don't even care.