Warframe

moai13

Trakanon Raider
My experience has only been with Excalibur or whatever the starting frame is. Movement seems really sensitive, melee is inaccurate especially with no target lock. Maybe it changes with different frames and weapon combos. I'm playing on PS4, opinion might be different with a mouse and kb but I'll never know.

When I say unresponsive enemies, I literally mean some enemies have been frozen in place staring off into the distance while I hack them apart. Like, AI disabled. Don't know if it had to do with laggy teammates or what.
Ah yeah, I'm on PC. Also, there's an option on PC to melee lock, IIRC. No idea for consoles.

Another possible explanation is that some frame abilities do freeze or disable mobs, if ur in a squad.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Later boss criticism

Having to push weapon swap to drop the bombs in the grates against the Raptors fucked me up a little. Making Loki with the neural sensor I got so don't care anymore.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've been screwing around with this a little more since my first post, and then I went back to Destiny 2 to do my weekly milestones and it felt so slow. Part of that may be because I'm trying to figure out the movement shit in Warframe (I'm...not good at this), but still, even jumping felt glacial.

I've watched the first 3 iFlynn videos, which it sounds like is the best beginners "guide." Only problem is there are a fuck ton of them, so it's like hours upon hours of videos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Two biggest tips I can give for WF parkour are:
1. Rebind your controls if you're on mouse/keyboard (frankly, I have no idea how people play the game on a pad... I wish it were possible, but no, just no.) I have jump on spacebar like normal, but slide is on Z and roll (normally double-tap shift) is on mouse4. My shift key is rebound to sprint toggle, but some people may prefer hold to sprint instead; the important part is getting rid of sprint/roll on one button. This makes it much easier to sprint and then spam Z->space->mouse4 for maximum distance and momentum.

2. When you try to launch yourself across a huge gap and realize you aren't even going to come close to making it, hold down RMB. This puts you into slo-mo aiming mode and vastly increases the distance you can travel in the air. It slows you down though (obviously) so only use it when the alternative is falling off the map or into a hole.

There's even more complex stuff you can do with wall-latching, but I barely even use that at all unless I'm playing Loki (10x longer wall latch is a passive ability for him).

• 1Like

sukik

Tenno! As a thank you for your amazing support, we’re equipping you with the Vectis and Vectis Tekelu Skin! Use them to cover the open Landscape of the Plains of Eidolon. Redeem this code in-game in the Market or at http://warframe.com/promocode : FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Even if you don't do anything else in this new event, log in and knock out 2 bounties quick. Spend 1500 rep on Sacrifice, a must-have sentinel mod. It's only ever dropped from events, and was upwards of 200p when I was looking to buy one a couple weeks ago. Pretty damn glad I decided to put it off until after I got another -75%. There's another mod for pistols that launch explosives too, probably worth having if you like Pox or Kulstar a lot. Same price and also no rank required to buy.

It's probably a good idea to at least rank up once and buy the Snipetron blueprint too, though the gun itself is pretty much only good for mastery fodder at this point.

The bounty itself is super easy compared to normal PoE ones of that level. Ember can cheese all of it easily, though I'd definitely recommend bringing your Skywing launchers with you. Seeing new nav points pop up 800-1400m away is the norm.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah the bounty is more time running than doing anything else, especially if you pug it and get someone who runs 8million mph in your group and clears everything in the time it takes you to get to the points, which was the case in most of the ones I did. I'm gonna keep grinding it out, though, probably to max. I started the research thing, saw someone filled out the rest of the plastids on it while I was at work, want to see how that goes before it's over.

I did have it bug out on me once earlier out of the ones I ran to get the first title for it which was annoying (got stuck on clearing the remaining infested, 0 mobs around, had to just leave with 4th phase incomplete).

I'll probably pick up the mods just to have them but the thought of actually using sacrifice doesn't appeal to me. I already despise staying in missions after my sentinel is dead cause not having vacuum rustles my jimmies bigtime.

Got red veil and steel meridian up to rank 5, now I just need to farm the credits and mats to make some more weapons to grind mastery up to 12+ (at 10 now).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I think Sacrifice and Regen work together, the sentinel resses you then resses itself.

Vorph

I think Sacrifice and Regen work together, the sentinel resses you then resses itself.
This. Plus according to my attempt at making a Baro calendar, he should be bringing Primed Regen tomorrow (along with the Primed Banes, minus Corrupted).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
How'd you come up with that info Vorph? because you're spot on. He also brought Primed Fever Strike. I've had about 3k ducats saved for awhile, so I bought everything, including the Mara Detron for fodder.

Vorph

Just charted it out based on the last time the mods appeared. It seems to be a fixed rotation that sometimes changes slightly when new mods are added.

Next time should be Primed Continuity, Cryo Rounds, and Morphic Transformer. Then a bunch of coal (impact mods) just before xmas unless they do something special (like finally releasing Primed Streamline, but I won't hold my breath on that one).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Are the primed banes worth grinding hard for to pick up while he has them this round (I don't have a bunch of ducats stashed)? Sold some of the misc. extra pieces I had and am gonna get primed regen for sure, not sure how much of the rest is great vs just getting to have.

Vorph

Fever Strike >>> Primed Regen >>>>> Grineer >>>>>>>>> Corpus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infested imo.

Frankly, with the addition of Hunter Munitions yesterday I'm not sure I will ever have a free slot in a primary weapon for a Bane again. I was going to buy Regen and Grineer (for PoE) but with the Fever Strike release I think I'll just spend the ducats I would have used on Grineer on that and not bother to farm any more.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if you don't do anything else in this new event, log in and knock out 2 bounties quick. Spend 1500 rep on Sacrifice, a must-have sentinel mod. It's only ever dropped from events, and was upwards of 200p when I was looking to buy one a couple weeks ago. Pretty damn glad I decided to put it off until after I got another -75%. There's another mod for pistols that launch explosives too, probably worth having if you like Pox or Kulstar a lot. Same price and also no rank required to buy.

It's probably a good idea to at least rank up once and buy the Snipetron blueprint too, though the gun itself is pretty much only good for mastery fodder at this point.

The bounty itself is super easy compared to normal PoE ones of that level. Ember can cheese all of it easily, though I'd definitely recommend bringing your Skywing launchers with you. Seeing new nav points pop up 800-1400m away is the norm.
Is this something I'd be able to do anytime soon? I just got to Mars. Mastery 2 with my highest warframe at 19 (really only have that and Prime Frost from the Twitch thing).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Is this something I'd be able to do anytime soon? I just got to Mars. Mastery 2 with my highest warframe at 19 (really only have that and Prime Frost from the Twitch thing).
Solo? No. In a random group? Absolutely. With a premade? You bet.

Vorph

If you level them up Frost + Soma Prime could almost certainly do it with a basic set of mods. Worst case, you can always join a public group.

I didn't have any time to play yesterday so I haven't tried the clan toxin to spawn mini-Lephantises for Hunter mods, but once I see what I need to bring to solo them effectively I can probably carry other people that need to do it, while also doubling/tripling the rep. Ember destroys the normal bounty, but I have a feeling she isn't going to get the job done so well vs. a boss that you can only damage when the face is open.

Sent you an invite Gravel Gravel

Last edited: