Warframe

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From Devstream 100: "Login rewards will gain tracks! Initial players will get a 50-day track from which you can choose which reward of the current 700-day system you want to work towards. This way, you can work your way through the rewards in your own preferred order."

So it apparently does let you choose mods instead of weapons.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still cant find specific vanity items I have on the PS4. I find them in the work shop, where they were approved. But I cant for the life of me figure out how to purchase them. Im guessing its something seasonal, maybe. I have no idea.

On the flip side: Where is a good website that has suggested builds and why those builds have those options chosen? Like I never knew that Power Efficiency was capped at 175% until the other day.

Vorph

Warframe Builder but you have to take the builds there with a grain of salt. Warframe builds tend to be a lot better than weapon builds especially if you click on the title and there's a good description of what the build's goal is. Weapon builds are filled with retards who just want to make the biggest numbers possible, so you see mods like Heavy Caliber (trash on almost everything that doesn't ignore the -accuracy), Primed Heated Charge (generally only good when making rad/viral, so it doesn't belong on, say, Akstiletto Prime), Primed Chamber (it's worth 50000p+), etc. being used poorly/at all, as well as melee dps claims based on a 5x combo counter, which is 10935 hits.

Also keep in mind that there are good reasons to go all the way to 190% efficiency. For example, with 190% efficiency, you can tank duration down to 40% and still get the minimum (25% of base) power drain on toggle skills like World on Fire, Maim, Sound Quake, etc. I think the chart on this page is still accurate. I know the 190/40 thing is, I tested it on my Equinox just the other day because I use her to farm quick and easy meso relics.

Generally speaking it's a good idea to have R3/4/5 Fleeting Expertise and R4/5 Streamline in your mod collection.

Dunno about cosmetic stuff, but you can generally find everything available by either searching the market or browsing the stuff directly within Appearance for a particular warframe or weapon. There's a list of TennoGen stuff on the wiki that tells what is PC/console exclusive and how much they cost too.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still cant find specific vanity items I have on the PS4. I find them in the work shop, where they were approved. But I cant for the life of me figure out how to purchase them. Im guessing its something seasonal, maybe. I have no idea.

On the flip side: Where is a good website that has suggested builds and why those builds have those options chosen? Like I never knew that Power Efficiency was capped at 175% until the other day.
Does Console have access to the TennoGen stuff? As far as I can tell, you cannot buy the TennoGen stuff outside of using the Steam Client, since they do not appear in the normal PC client. I had been using the Steam client and bought a couple the Graxx skins, which I can still use while using the normal PC client, but I can no longer see them in the Market.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Decided to give this a shot since it's free and well reviewed while I wait for Destiny dlc. Any must-know tips for a new player who doesn't plan to spend money?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to give this a shot since it's free and well reviewed while I wait for Destiny dlc. Any must-know tips for a new player who doesn't plan to spend money?
This. I played a bit last night, but everything seems very overwhelming.

Like throwing in a "stealth" mission at the start before I even know wtf I'm doing. Just blasted my way through.

Vorph

Off the top of my head:
1. Pick Excalibur. Not only is it the best starting frame, farming it later is an unholy pain in the ass compared to the other two. Spend your starter plat on a warframe slot (20p) and four weapon slots (2x12p).

2. Don't invest anything in damaged mods. If you need a set of the most important mods to have at the beginning I can hook you up. Basically Vitality, Serration, Point Blank, Pressure Point, and Hornet Strike. Your ability to trade is very limited at low MR and I can only trade 5 things at a time, but it does reset daily (at 1900 EST).

3. Don't waste a lot of time in Cetus/Plains. They shove it in your face very early because it's new, but it's pretty much a self-contained area and it will stunt your progression with everything else.

4. Always be leveling stuff. You can't just find a frame/weapon setup you really like and use it all the time, because you gain mastery ranks from leveling up frames and weapons to 30. Build a weapon, max it out, sell it, and grab another one from the market or your foundry. Most need to be built on the foundry from blueprints and resources but there's a few (MK1-______, Lex, etc.) that can be bought for credits. Frames always need to be farmed and built, and they're enough of an time investment that you should never sell them unless you get a direct upgrade to the Prime version. Choose wisely if your slots are limited and you're not buying plat.

5. Build a Hek shotgun as soon as you can (MR4). Keep it forever, ideally get a Scattered Justice mod for it, and use it whenever you need to do a mission that seems too difficult to complete with crappy guns you're just using for mastery fodder. Same goes for Galatine which is a big ass sword usable at MR3.

6. Watch alerts for aura mods like Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, weapon mods like Blaze, Shred, etc. and especially Orokin Catalyst/Reactor or Forma blueprints. If you see an alert for one of those pop and you don't have access to that planet yet, ask someone to taxi you there. I have everything unlocked and can get you through just about any mission (Svieri in game).

7. Join the Rerolled clan, and immediately build the dojo key so you can travel to it.

There's probably a bunch more stuff I'm forgetting, but it's really hard to remember what WF is like for new players when you've been playing for years and have basically everything. I can answer specific questions you have though.

Edit: if you've got Amazon Prime be sure to set up Twitch Prime and link your Warframe account to it. You'll get one of the most useful warframes, an excellent rifle, and a decent melee weapon. They come with slots and potatoes (slang for the things that double the mod capacity from 30 to 60) so there's no downside at all to claiming them. Just remember what I said above about not trying to stick with one particular setup.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm not seeing how someone could play this game for 4 years. Controls are slippery, VA's are terrible, enemies half the time are unresponsive, teammates jump all over the place due to lag, interface is confusing as fuck... I mean, I'll keep playing it, but damn.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm not seeing how someone could play this game for 4 years. Controls are slippery, VA's are terrible, enemies half the time are unresponsive, teammates jump all over the place due to lag, interface is confusing as fuck... I mean, I'll keep playing it, but damn.
Make sure you go into the option and set your connection settings. probably have it still defaulted to a high ping, also make sure your correct region is selected.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Make sure you go into the option and set your connection settings. probably have it still defaulted to a high ping, also make sure your correct region is selected.
I did lower the ping from 300 to 200 but I didn't know what to set it at. Thanks for the tip.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I hadn't played in years and came back recently, just in time to get the Frost/Soma/Scindo Prime set.. Soma Prime is so amazingly good and easy to mod up.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Unless you really really like the grind, it's easy to take a break, since the game isn't exactly difficult or requires daily maintenance. The P2P hosting has its quirks, but it has been getting better I think. The UI is an ass, no contest, but it's fun to shoot, slash, explode, annihilate and many other verbs everything in front of you.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There's lots of harder content to find out i think, like the no shield recharge alert missions a pal took me on.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There's lots of harder content to find out i think, like the no shield recharge alert missions a pal took me on.
Then it's just a matter of picking the right frame/mods - neither Inaros nor Nydus have shields and when in doubt, Loki has long duration stealth...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ah I see you have found ways to overcome the challenge. I'm playing mostly no spoiler.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ah I see you have found ways to overcome the challenge. I'm playing mostly no spoiler.
TBH I think the game is almost unplayable without checking wiki like every other mission, especially at the start. Then you have fun stuff like DE screwing up droptables here and there and fixing it only after the community finds out. If you don't want the few quests worth a damn not spoiled, be my guest, but they are the exception, the rest is in my opinion terribly obtuse.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean it gives you a little red, yellow or green thing to chase to objectives. One of the hacking missions had an insane one to solve, I just redid it and brought a cipher. I'll keep u posted on any that make me rage out or grab the unplayable stamp as I get closer to Jupiter and beyond.

Later mission stuff (still kinda early):
The Void reminds me of Star Road ala Super Mario World. This is a good thing.

Speaking of obtuse, man the things you had to do to find some of the hidden Super Mario World levels...

moai13

Trakanon Raider
my Hek just doesn't cut it when there are a bunch of ancients and other mobs dogpiling me.
Seeking Fury or another Punch-Through mods are pretty nice for dogpiles. (punch-through makes bullets go until they hit a mob that is X.Xm "thick", so it could go quite far, its not additive mob "thickness".) Seeking Fury fixes or helps somewhat with my 2 issues with my Hek.

Lenas, could you elaborate on slippery controls? Genuinely curious. I came straight from the EQ ish realm of games (EQ, AO, WoW, etc..) And this is my first FPS game, so I have nothing really, to compare to. Are you expecting to stop on a dime like in EQ? Enemies seem responsive to me, FWIW.

Also FWIW I started playing WF about 2 months ago, cannot imagine playing it for 4 previous years either- (But hey, I've been playing EQ on and off since 1999, so there's that) from what I've heard, they've come a long way, and I know I've gotten considerable entertainment out of the $25 I dropped on the game. (If you do drop this much, basically wait until 75% off rolls by, and buy 2k plat, or whatever amt is $25, that basically pays for a warframe slot for every version possible ATM, plus plenty for weapon slots, as well)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lenas, could you elaborate on slippery controls? Genuinely curious.

My experience has only been with Excalibur or whatever the starting frame is. Movement seems really sensitive, melee is inaccurate especially with no target lock. Maybe it changes with different frames and weapon combos. I'm playing on PS4, opinion might be different with a mouse and kb but I'll never know.

When I say unresponsive enemies, I literally mean some enemies have been frozen in place staring off into the distance while I hack them apart. Like, AI disabled. Don't know if it had to do with laggy teammates or what.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've seen unresponsive enemies like that on xbone but it's not that common. Not sure what causes it but I don't recall ever seeing that phenomenon on PC. I really like the melee in this game, it feels satisfying doing whirlwinds down a ramp and seeing pieces of grineer flying in every direction.