Warframe

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Just pray to rnjesus for a -50% or -75% login reward for plat and spend some rl currency. If you were a real poopsocker you'd be farming hard to get mods with your high level stuff and then spending all day in the trade channel.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except I'm brand new and don't know shit about shit. I tried comparing what I had to what was listed on the Warframe Market website, but that's honestly a waste of time since I don't have a clue what's good. I wouldn't even know where to begin to find "high level stuff" to sell.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Farming relics for plat is a decent idea. I make a point to keep entire prime sets, at least one copy of it for potential sales when they move to the vault, or get mega popular. You'd have made BANK if you'd sat down and farmed half a dozen Ember Primes a year ago. Mind you, you might have gone insane trying to do that though. You can also try selling junk parts for plat just before and during the times that Baro shows up. A few mods can make you some plat as well. It's time consuming shit though, to sit around in the trade channel.

I'm always willing to jump on voice and hash stuff out if you need some advice.

But the one thing you're really missing out on I guess is how relics work, and how to get prime stuff. You're not currently online in Discord, but I've sent you a message there.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
And here I started last week and I've got like 20+ hours played.

I'm still confused as hell, but I'm getting there (working on Jupiter). I have fuck all of a clue about this event thing that ends in a week, but hopefully I can figure it out and get some cool shit. Getting the free Frost Prime and Soma Prime has made things much easier, in addition to the mods Janx hooked me up with. Although it does make it a lot harder to level up additional weapons since I hate changing out something so powerful (and I still just have 2 warframes; probably should've started building ones sooner but I think my Rhino will start when I get home). Need to figure out how to make some platinum and open up more slots.

Anyway, Warframe has made me completely forget about Destiny 2. I had been a bit bitter about it since I felt like it was just so shallow. But with Warframe I don't even care.
Get a good melee weapon/build and you wont even care what you have in primary that much. I use melee probably more than I use any other weapon type. Slide/spin to win.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I think it's important not to pigeon hole yourself into certain weapons or types of playstyle in Warframe. This is MY opinion on this, as I have a friend that just wants to play Rhino and nothing else, and while that's fine for most things, there's just way better Warframes for most tasks. So quite often I'll have to carry his arse through a mission, or get half the loot, or it takes twice as long as it should -- but so long as he can ground stomp and rezz me after I've fucked up and died, he thinks that's a reasonable trade-off. It's fucking infuriating at times.

Always, always pick the tool for the job, as your arsenal increases that toolbox gets bigger, and lets you take more risks. If you're planning on getting a mission DONE, don't fuck around and bring a level 16 Oberon to the Plague Star 4* boss, get the best shit you got for the mission and knock it out. Grinding out mastery weapons should be done with at least one other weapon you have that can kick the crap out of The Stalker at the minimum. Sure, you can void this by making sure you have a pre-made group that capable of killing everything for you, but if you're going to pug a mission, even for XP at least bring something to the table that gets the job done.

At the moment I'm running Plague Star as a Pilfering Hydroid, I'm using my tricked out AKstillettos for general kick-assery and boss slaying. While Hydroid isn't exactly slaying hordes of infested, he is at least crowd controlling a few... plus with PF, the bosses are dropping way more loot.

PS: Vorph, why would you ever bring more than one Nekros to a fight? I've long believed that Desecrate destroyed the body on activation, and thus multiple Nekros would only serve to cover more area, not produce more loot. That was back in the day that Nekros had to actively spam Desecrate everytime a bunch of shit died.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It does destroy the body, but bodies are client side, so each Nekros can destroy the body on their screen and get a second loot roll. 54% of the time anyway, seeing as Desecrate got nerfed to make Hydroid seem better. Also there's an issue with this event because Hemocyte bodies poof rather quickly, Desecrate only triggers once per second, and it chooses its target randomly. If there's a bunch of dead infested around it's possible to Desecrate wrong targets repeatedly and miss the chance to target the boss before it is gone.

I suppose my ideal event farm group would be Gara/Nekros/Hydroid/Equinox.

I think it's important not to pigeon hole yourself into certain weapons or types of playstyle in Warframe.
Definitely agree there. I have every frame but Rhino Prime and will always bring whatever is needed based on what the rest of the group has/lacks. Seeing people bring frames wholly unsuited to the mission type is extremely annoying. It's one thing if you're new and don't have a lot of slots, but even then you should at least have Trinity and/or Nova that are almost always useful. Veteran players can bring the more niche frames and it still works out ok.

3 bounty runs, 3 Gara BPs. Back to back to back. Now to do some mining to get these gems.

Sorry Vorph.
I hate you. Although when I finally did finish Gara I got the last two parts back to back.

Gara is nothing compared to this fucking Augur Reach mod though. Currently up to ~12 hours of farming its bounty and I have received nothing but common drops the entire time. I think they did something horrible to the percentages when they made it so that each stage of a bounty has a reward. I should have a shot at Augur Reach on stages 2-5 and even if the intermediate stages are reduced the final stage is still supposed to be 7.37% and I should have had it drop at least once a long time ago.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It does destroy the body, but bodies are client side, so each Nekros can destroy the body on their screen and get a second loot roll. 54% of the time anyway, seeing as Desecrate got nerfed to make Hydroid seem better. Also there's an issue with this event because Hemocyte bodies poof rather quickly, Desecrate only triggers once per second, and it chooses its target randomly. If there's a bunch of dead infested around it's possible to Desecrate wrong targets repeatedly and miss the chance to target the boss before it is gone.

I suppose my ideal event farm group would be Gara/Nekros/Hydroid/Equinox.

Definitely agree there. I have every frame but Rhino Prime and will always bring whatever is needed based on what the rest of the group has/lacks. Seeing people bring frames wholly unsuited to the mission type is extremely annoying. It's one thing if you're new and don't have a lot of slots, but even then you should at least have Trinity and/or Nova that are almost always useful. Veteran players can bring the more niche frames and it still works out ok.

I hate you. Although when I finally did finish Gara I got the last two parts back to back.

Gara is nothing compared to this fucking Augur Reach mod though. Currently up to ~12 hours of farming its bounty and I have received nothing but common drops the entire time. I think they did something horrible to the percentages when they made it so that each stage of a bounty has a reward. I should have a shot at Augur Reach on stages 2-5 and even if the intermediate stages are reduced the final stage is still supposed to be 7.37% and I should have had it drop at least once a long time ago.
I love Trinity now, probably my 2nd fav frame outside Loki.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ember makes the hemacytes super easy after I saw a tip online earlier saying to jump up to the heads and spam a few fire blasts. I got all 6 of the hunter mods now and the zaw parts, not sure if I want to farm it any more, although I might do some to get formas.

Did my first sortie today and got a dragon nikana riven, now I want to be mastery rank 16 so I can use it =(.

Vorph

I just stack Gara's 2-4-1-4-1-4-1-4-1-etc. combo to a ridiculous amount and jump around while waiting for everything to die. The 2 caps out at 90% dmg reduction which makes her unkillable, and the damage from it isn't reduced at all by whatever it is about the Hemocyte that makes guns hit like they're shooting BBs. I'm still not 100% clear on how to completely maximize the damage it deals; the wiki article is rather confusing especially when they start talking about melee mods affecting the explosion damage.

The only thing I still hate about Gara is that I can't find an energy color that makes the glass nearly transparent. Frost's blackest black trick doesn't work, nor does white or any other color I've tried so far.

Edit: Just swapped my Atterax out for a Galatine Prime build using Pressure Point, Buzz Kill, Jagged Edge, Rending Strike, Spoiled Strike, Primed Fever Strike, Molten Impact, and North Wind. The explosion damage vastly increased (all Slash damage in there so you'd use charged-1 to break the wall) and it also seemed to build up the aura damage from her 2 much, much quicker. The 38 and 48 Hemos died noticeably quicker too.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp nevermind on the riven mod, I rolled it a bit this evening but then I looked at how much mastery points I need to go from 12 to 16 and it's not gonna happen any time soon.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How hard is the sortie? I haven't done it yet, the level range specified at navigation makes me believe i won't be very helpful to the team.
That's just me comparing how hard the Nyx mob for example is to kill for me whitout headshots wave 15-20 at hydron though (when the pug doesnt just leave after 5 to 10 waves).

I saw a YT video talkin bout the new Hunter munitions mod to get slash procs..I got Soma prime so thats got a decent crit chance with just Point strike (dont have argon scope), think i will try that out to see if my damage gets any better.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Got Nova? know how to build the Slow version? (hint: just get over 100% strength). Always useful in a sortie.

Nova is my number one pick for best all-round warframe.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Man spent all day farming for my mutalist quanta formas/mods in the hopes of getting it to 100% status with the riven I have but even if I get the last mod I need (rime rounds) it only goes to like 99.5%. Feelsbadman.

Vorph

I never bothered building a mutalist quanta, does that really do much? 99.5 to 100% is a massive difference with pellet shotguns like Tigris or Kohm, but I didn't think it mattered for anything else.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah i'm not sure if it matters or not and it probably doesn't but I was really hoping I could get it to 100% just to get it there. I've been having a bit of fun messing around with it last couple days, trying to get used to it and then today putting a couple forma on it, still gotta put a couple more. Going for max status might not even be smart but my riven mod is like 165% multishot 137% status chance and -36% reload speed or something (the reload sucks, it's 4.7 seconds with the riven on it). I mostly just built it and am messing with it as an excuse to use a riven mod since it's the only decent one I have that I can play with (until I get MR16 for my dragon nikana riven).

The gun itself doesn't seem too bad, not top tier but meh, I need some things to mix it up from running around with my vaykor hek constantly. It does get a tad frustrating when people are flying around using melee and knock my balls away, though.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Is it a good idea to buy Primed Bane of Corrupted from Baro this weekend? I bought the Primed Pressure Point and have just enough credits to buy another mod. Isn't the corrupted faction less important now that you get primed parts from relics?

Vorph

Was very hard to fit a bane onto any weapon worth using prior to Hunter Munitions being added; now it's practically impossible. Considering how much it costs to rank up Primed Pressure Point I'd save the credits for that.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So I just started this game. Put a few hours in so far. It's fun, but honestly, what should I even be focusing on at low levels?