Warframe

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, don't fucking bother unless they fix it. They buffed it big time and it's not even remotely worthwhile. The hemocyst takes forever to kill and the toxin damage is insane. Took like 20-25 minutes for a PUG to do it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stacking Gara's 2 to infinity and standing on the boss for a few seconds doesn't work anymore? Sad.

Thankfully I was already at the point of buying forma before it ended the first time around. IIRC there was only like 2 unique (as in, the part that actually gives MR) zaws.

Vorph

Bleah, warframe.market needs to add Supra Vandal so people can search for it, place buy orders, etc. I expect a 500 ducat item to sell for a lot less plat than 500d worth of prime trash sells for. Ain't got time to be farming on Yakuza 6 / GoW weekend anyway.

Also, Baro is selling his color palette again. Can't trade that one so it's worth the 150d unless you really hate those hues.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
And like clockwork Onslaught is a buggy mess with massive crashing issues that also lead to a complete loss of rewards. Though Atlas felt incredibly good in the mode with punch spec and riven'd melee weapon, invulnerability helps a ton and the enemies spawn fast enough you're almost never not punching into a group of them and one shotting even 150+.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hey guys, so how is this game on PC? I'm looking to scratch an MMO itch and the videos on steam look interesting. Is it super complex? Do I need to pay $ to get the most fun out of it?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hey guys, so how is this game on PC? I'm looking to scratch an MMO itch and the videos on steam look interesting. Is it super complex? Do I need to pay $ to get the most fun out of it?
It's good, looks slick and there is nothing quite like it, but you need to spend quite a lot of time to get into it. It suffers from the classic F2P problems like design clutter and no feature ever gets the polish it needs to really shine, instead the plyerbase gets thrown a new bone every patch. The progression is mostly vertical than horizontal, with multiple frames "characters" to choose from, but you can't ever go into a mission with more than one. It's grindy, but even 10-20 USD will get you a long way forward and you mostly pay to look good than for strtaight up power increase. Even then, the meat of the game is 4 player Co-op, so everyone benefits from a purchase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say you have to drop a few bucks on it before you're able to get to the point of not needing to spend money.

You could probably manage to do it without, but it'd take forever.

But yeah, I did about 550 hours into it since November (after Destiny 2). Stopped playing cause I'm burned out (obviously) and there wasn't much left to do. Made it to MR23.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Well downloaded on steam and I'll check it out in the morning. Any newbie guides I should look at or is it fairly straightforward in game?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well downloaded on steam and I'll check it out in the morning. Any newbie guides I should look at or is it fairly straightforward in game?
I'd watch a guide. iFlynn on youtube has a large amount of guides for warframe, could start there. Probably want to utilize Warframe Market at some point as well once you're ready to get mods.

• 1Like

Vorph

Spend your starter 50p on a warframe slot (20p) and four weapon slots (2x12p). iFlynn guides are good like Janx said.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Should I bother exploring for loot in missions or just rush to the end? I'm just about to finish the prologue missions and kill the Vor dude.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Loot comes generally from enemies, just kill on the way to objectives mostly.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Should I just be saving my Void Relics until I actually have an idea what reward from them is worth picking over others?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Should I just be saving my Void Relics until I actually have an idea what reward from them is worth picking over others?

Start doing the relic missions and just get 1 of everything for now. You'll end up selling the extras in a few months. You will build every weapon and frame in order to level up so start collecting!

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Cool. Also I think I minor fucked up with mods, lol. Sorted by Duplicates, thinking it was ONLY showing dupes; sold everything. Apparently it was actually ALL my mods, including equipped ones.

Gonna matchmake PUGs and get carried to get mods I guess, lol.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I can give you mods if you have enough money for the trade tax. Looks like you're not online at the moment, ill check again later. You can tell me with /w sakkath

Are there any specific mods you need right now?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I can give you mods if you have enough money for the trade tax. Looks like you're not online at the moment, ill check again later. You can tell me with /w sakkath

Are there any specific mods you need right now?

I'm a total newb so I don't really know, I was just using that auto-install option with what I had.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to trying this, it's been on my "check it out" list for a long time.

Was a little put off by the 3rd person view at first, but then I accidentally hit jump while in a slide. "WTF was that?" Did it again, and again, and again. Started trying to figure out other moves and combos. Wow.

Damn the movement in this game is fun.

Totally lost atm, that's cool. Game is pretty thick with systems, combos, etc. Will be fun figuring it out. But for now I can't wait to get home and jump around like a spastic jedi again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users