Warframe

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Volt will probably see a little nerf, used the max power/range on his 4 for insanely fast farming and pissing Saryn's off.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lul at watching itmeJP have a meltdown after the Second Dream quest because of twitch chat, what a literal man child he is.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How easy is this game to get into? Will i need to drop a fair bit of money to compete?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's not a competitive game, but no you don't need to spend a lot of money. You don't need to spend money at all if you play a decent amount as it's trivial to farm things which you can sell for the $ currency.

You don't even need to play for all that long to get to the 'endgame' content.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just get used to using the wiki and youtube for a lot of questions, also make sure to filter those videos by at least in the past year as this game has an aggressive update schedule in which things change quite frequently.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
How easy is this game to get into? Will i need to drop a fair bit of money to compete?
Really the only thing you need money for is weapon and frame slots.

If you were hardcore you could sell rare mods for plat and buy those things as well. But that's real poop socket territory to grind all the way up to be able to do the hardest content on the limited pool of slots you start with and then be able to farm.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
Warframe will occasionally give out 20, 50 or 75% off coupons for its $ store from its daily login bonus. If you enjoy the game wait for a 50 or 75 to pop up and buy some plat for cheap.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
75% off seems to be so ungodly rare now that you can forget about seeing one. Used to be I could quit playing for 3-4 weeks and it would be a sure thing that the next time I logged in I'd have a -75% off waiting for me, but I haven't seen anything greater than 50% in nearly a year. Which is kind of a good thing I guess, I don't like the direction DE is going with Warframe now (and haven't for quite some time) and I probably wouldn't even have gotten to spend 4200 plat if I had gotten a -75%.

As for whether or not you need to spend money in WF, it's not really a pay-to-win system so much as a pay-to-not-grind one and if you're doing it right the vast majority of plat you spend should be to other players and not to the in-game store. Especially when it comes to shortcutting endo, which is the worst grind I've ever seen in a game if you really want to max out a full set of primed mods. Far better to buy the damn things already maxed out. I just ended up quitting instead even though I really like the core game.

You should definitely buy 2 weapon and 2 warframe slots when first starting out with the free 50p though. If you can get by with just that and not immediately spend on a few more along with some other stuff like potatoes and forma packs before you get to the point where you have farmed more of those items than you'll ever possibly use, then well, you're a more patient person than I am. Whatever you do though, don't spend plat on warframes other than Mesa and *maybe* Ivara if you really want them. And if you have Amazon Prime make sure to link your Twitch Prime account to WF and get yourself a free Trinity Prime--she's one of the best frames in the game, especially if you want an easy way to get the hang of grouping.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
ALso check the thread for codes (or google) for free weapons/frames as you can net some free slots that way. Twitch Prime if you have it also gives out free warframe stuff on occasion.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Warframe will occasionally give out 20, 50 or 75% off coupons for its $ store from its daily login bonus. If you enjoy the game wait for a 50 or 75 to pop up and buy some plat for cheap.

Just FYI you can't use the coupons for Plat on the consoles. That only works on the pc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Operators mainly, I have no interest in any of that shit which means I have no reason to do most of the new stuff they keep adding. I did like that they removed the terrible "raids", but what they replaced them with (as far as arcanes go) was even worse. I have every warframe (minus a couple newest primes, and I wouldn't take Limbo Prime if it was free) and that's the game I want to play, not this clunky shit mode that has a terrible daily grind that I refuse to participate in even though I have the ideal Equinox setup for it.

Basically I have nothing else to do except farm a couple hundred thousand endo, 400 at a time.... so even though I still really like the core game, yeah I'm not doing that either.

I got about 1500-2000 hours of fun out of the game though, so I'm not exactly complaining as much as I'm disappointed that I can't find any reason to play it any more.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Operators mainly, I have no interest in any of that shit which means I have no reason to do most of the new stuff they keep adding. I did like that they removed the terrible "raids", but what they replaced them with (as far as arcanes go) was even worse. I have every warframe (minus a couple newest primes, and I wouldn't take Limbo Prime if it was free) and that's the game I want to play, not this clunky shit mode that has a terrible daily grind that I refuse to participate in even though I have the ideal Equinox setup for it.

Basically I have nothing else to do except farm a couple hundred thousand endo, 400 at a time.... so even though I still really like the core game, yeah I'm not doing that either.

I got about 1500-2000 hours of fun out of the game though, so I'm not exactly complaining as much as I'm disappointed that I can't find any reason to play it any more.
I can respect that but for me the game has hit another golden age. Between tricap Eidolon hunts and onslaught mode that's all I could have asked for. Now it feels in line with destiny multiplayer or mass effect multiplayer. I liked each one of these games for the unique flavor they bring to multiplayer coop.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The operator is a bit clunky starting out but once you get some unbound passives unlocked they become second nature, just about finished unlocking Madurai's weapon regen and will probably hold off on Unairu passives till after finishing void strike. The Naramon dash/sprint and Vazarin health/regen have made an absolute world of difference in how it plays, can't wait till I can start picking up some of the flavor nodes for modified void strike/dashes. Biggest thing they need to tell people is the shards from Eidolon hunting don't count towards daily focus cap and are an infinitely easier way of farming focus as I don't even bother grinding that when I get arcanes worth 250p and 300k focus in one night.

Hoping Venus is out this month and really hope they announce the return of raids, nothing I want more then raids that require both Archwing, operator, and warframe fighting together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Nice, one of the prime frames I'm missing!
I've been furiously opening relics the last week to stockpile currency for the tennocon baro relay.. then yesterday I went to buy the digital pack so I can access said relay and discover that it's no longer available, woops! Oh well.
On the plus side I can now build 3 extra sets of akstiletto primes.. always good to have a backup!