Warframe

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nice, didn't know operator wasn't affected, can the use hacking terminals?
Yup, i did this for ages soloing with Limbo. I would pop a cata and a stop time and hop out to operator and hack while limbo was in stasis and nothign could get to the objective

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The new stuff sounds really interesting but they still need to go back and address how fucking awful the grind is for stuff like endo and credits. Most people don't notice it so much because they don't have an immediate need for credits in the 10's of millions and endo in the several hundred thousand range, but when you have ~0 and need a shitton it's soulcrushingly boring and tedious. Especially endo at anywhere from 10-400 at time. Index and Hieracon are two of my least favorite locations, they need to spread that shit around and make everything you do give a good amount of basic currency. Missions in general could use a sanity check for that matter, I'd bet that nobody runs about half of the missions that pop up on any given day due to how poor the time vs. reward is on them.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new stuff sounds really interesting but they still need to go back and address how fucking awful the grind is for stuff like endo and credits. Most people don't notice it so much because they don't have an immediate need for credits in the 10's of millions and endo in the several hundred thousand range, but when you have ~0 and need a shitton it's soulcrushingly boring and tedious. Especially endo at anywhere from 10-400 at time. Index and Hieracon are two of my least favorite locations, they need to spread that shit around and make everything you do give a good amount of basic currency. Missions in general could use a sanity check for that matter, I'd bet that nobody runs about half of the missions that pop up on any given day due to how poor the time vs. reward is on them.

This basically with the credits and endo. And i even got a huge advantage starting the game when twitch drops went live (dozens of free forma and nitains etc) but i havent played for months now after hitting mr15. I plan to check out "the sacrifice" though, right after i build some quarters.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or you could just get Octavia who is good at basically everything ^.^
As someone who maxed out damn near everything:

Loki Prime: Solid all around, but obviously best for Spy (also good for sorties).
Ember Prime: Running through anything lower than 40, including low level defense.
Equinox: Best frame for grinding out MR (use defensive stance for shield overload/heal), also good for stuff that Ember Prime is too low for.
Trinity Prime: Similar to Equinox, but only if you have EV. If you do though, basically good for everything since you're damn near invincible.
Frost Prime: Higher level defense.
Limbo: Grinding Excavation, and sortie defense missions (if you want to cheese them). Also was good for sortie defense if you can still banish (not sure if that's been patched).
Nekros Prime: Grinding basically any material.
Volt Prime: My go to frame for basically anything else, and probably the best all around if you can't figure out what else to use. Just speed through shit.
Rhino Prime: Only frame worthwhile for Index (I've been told Ash is good, but nah).
Octavia: Similar to Volt that you can use for anything, but I prefer Volt. That said, Octavia is almost my default for most sorties besides Spy, just because you can invis and destroy everything with very little effort.
Hydroid Prime: Only mentioning because of Pilfroid. Otherwise not exciting.

Every other frame wasn't really worth using in my opinion. Although I never really got into Eidolons. I will say Harrow was fun as shit leveling up and is insanely powerful, but fuck what a pain in the ass to manage his abilities. That all said, every frame is "usable."

For Archwing, only worthwhile is Amesha with Centaur and Fluctus. Literally all the other weapons are shit compared to those.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
There's a bunch of other good weapons for Archwing, but it's the mods for Archwing that start to make the experience much better. IIRC, Gravel started Warframe about November 2017 at some time? Can't believe you're already MR23, that's amazing.

Vorph

No Gara or Nova? Blasphemy! I can understand Gara, especially since so many people said she was shit at release and most other people didn't give her a chance even though her 2-4-1-4-1-etc. combo is one of the only infinitely scaling sources of damage in the game. But Nova is the key to doing nearly everything in WF efficiently when you're grouping, aside from highly specialized stuff like Nidus+Nekros*3 Vodyanoi farms. That said, I never use Limbo, Volt, Octavia, or Rhino for anything.

People talking about using Ash for anything was probably from before they nerfed Blade Storm into oblivion. He was godmode for farming Index and the only way to get a decent amount of endo from Vodyanoi solo and now he is garbage tier.

Velocitus and Grattler (to a lesser degree) are competitive with/situationally better than Fluctus.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
No Mesa on that list....you fucking wut mate? That bitch is the most broken shit in the game.

Vorph

Mesa's another one I think I've used like a dozen times since hitting 30, and only that much because I paid plat for her to avoid that retarded ass grind to get her the legit way. I'm sure she's strong, but I had an immediate "hate" reaction to Peacemaker gameplay. Kind of like how I feel about Nidus, Harrow, and Octavia too. All great frames (well... Harrow I'm not so sure about there) but goddamn I cannot stand to play any of them.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mesa's peacemakers have gotten better with Mesa's Waltz syndicate mod that lets her move slowly while still shooting and along with them now being exalted weapons instead of having to get a good secondary with a god riven to really scale her peacemaker she now scales very well with mods. Though I think her shattershield is what makes her straight busted, the level of dps and tankiness you get with that up out shines even Rhino's iron skin.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
The new stuff sounds really interesting but they still need to go back and address how fucking awful the grind is for stuff like endo and credits. Most people don't notice it so much because they don't have an immediate need for credits in the 10's of millions and endo in the several hundred thousand range, but when you have ~0 and need a shitton it's soulcrushingly boring and tedious.

When you approach the grind with a sense of need then it is sometimes wise to take a break. To get what you want you need to work for it but sometimes its best to do other things in Warframe so that the endo and credits trickle more slowly. Wait until you get a log-in affinity booster and then do Index. Nothing wrong with a little patience.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a bunch of other good weapons for Archwing, but it's the mods for Archwing that start to make the experience much better. IIRC, Gravel started Warframe about November 2017 at some time? Can't believe you're already MR23, that's amazing.
It'll really blow your mind then that I haven't played since April.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
After doing some weapons tests in the Sim, looks like I need to go back to school a bit. My Vaykor Hek is terrible compared to the AKstilletos.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah akstiletto P is one of the really top shelf weapons. That and tigris P are my two go-to guns. I have plenty of other ones i play with here and there for variety.

Vorph

When you approach the grind with a sense of need then it is sometimes wise to take a break. To get what you want you need to work for it but sometimes its best to do other things in Warframe so that the endo and credits trickle more slowly. Wait until you get a log-in affinity booster and then do Index. Nothing wrong with a little patience.
I've got about 1200-1300 hours in WF and I'm still roughly 40M credits and 350-400k endo short of being able to finish up my mod collection. As much as I like the game, my patience has worn thin. I could probably deal with the credits even though I hate Index, since I never play the game seriously without running all boosts... it's really the endo which turned my break into not wanting to play the game at all anymore.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, all R10 mods is a big ask. I pretty much stop at R9 and leave them until I really want to chase that extra 5%. Which as you can imagine doesn't happen all that often.

PS: I finally remembered what I replaced the Vaykor Hek with... and that was my Amprex, holy fucking shit balls is that weapon amazing when you forma the fucking shit out of it.

Goonsquad Officer
I should really play this some more. I haven't played in some months. I'm a weirdo, i usually run mirage prime with a super-tatered opticore

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So are there any game changing mods for frames, guns, melee, etc? I know somewhat about aura/corrupted/exilus mods but I'm more or less looking for must haves.