Warframe

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Difficult question to answer. There are a lot of mods that have strong niche uses - for example equilibrium. In general though the must have mods are just the usual ones you've probably already got, plus corrupteds and primed continuity.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really just primed and corrupted mods. The other stuff is powerful, but in a "I've already got everything to crush all the current content, this makes me a god" kind of unnecessary way.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
So are there any game changing mods for frames, guns, melee, etc? I know somewhat about aura/corrupted/exilus mods but I'm more or less looking for must haves.
I would say the big two are fleeting expertise and primed continuity. Having a frame at 75 percent efficiency can radically change game play. Heavy caliber is usually a big must have as well.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
As someone who maxed out damn near everything:

Loki Prime: Solid all around, but obviously best for Spy (also good for sorties).
Ember Prime: Running through anything lower than 40, including low level defense.
Equinox: Best frame for grinding out MR (use defensive stance for shield overload/heal), also good for stuff that Ember Prime is too low for.
Trinity Prime: Similar to Equinox, but only if you have EV. If you do though, basically good for everything since you're damn near invincible.
Frost Prime: Higher level defense.
Limbo: Grinding Excavation, and sortie defense missions (if you want to cheese them). Also was good for sortie defense if you can still banish (not sure if that's been patched).
Nekros Prime: Grinding basically any material.
Volt Prime: My go to frame for basically anything else, and probably the best all around if you can't figure out what else to use. Just speed through shit.
Rhino Prime: Only frame worthwhile for Index (I've been told Ash is good, but nah).
Octavia: Similar to Volt that you can use for anything, but I prefer Volt. That said, Octavia is almost my default for most sorties besides Spy, just because you can invis and destroy everything with very little effort.
Hydroid Prime: Only mentioning because of Pilfroid. Otherwise not exciting.

Every other frame wasn't really worth using in my opinion. Although I never really got into Eidolons. I will say Harrow was fun as shit leveling up and is insanely powerful, but fuck what a pain in the ass to manage his abilities. That all said, every frame is "usable."

For Archwing, only worthwhile is Amesha with Centaur and Fluctus. Literally all the other weapons are shit compared to those.
You missed a lot of notables.

Chroma...best single target killer in the game.

Mirage/Octavia/Rhino come in second

Best high level AoE frame is Saryn..easily

Ivara for stealth missions is right next to loki.

Harrow/Nova/Oberon are all fantastic buffers.

There are only a few frames I can think of that don't have a niche. Nyx, Mag, Wukong.

And for the love of clem...Itzal, Itzal, Itzal.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You missed a lot of notables.

Chroma...best single target killer in the game.

Mirage/Octavia/Rhino come in second

Best high level AoE frame is Saryn..easily

Ivara for stealth missions is right next to loki.

Harrow/Nova/Oberon are all fantastic buffers.

There are only a few frames I can think of that don't have a niche. Nyx, Mag, Wukong.

And for the love of clem...Itzal, Itzal, Itzal.
Inaros(sp) is a fucking beast.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I have a fondness for nyx, with chaos sphere mod she can lock down large areas making it safe enough to do whatever, plus her Terminator build is hilarious.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
She'll have a strong return when her new Deluxe comes out especially after the unvaulting period coming. First one of her skins that looks incredibly good.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
ok guys, I got a major issue with Warframe and I've just remembered it's why I stopped playing last time. Lets see if anyone has some insight into how/why this happens and how to fix it.

This problem is NOT limited to Warframe, it shows up randomly in only some games. I had major issues with Heroes of the Storm as well, but I've never had the issue with PoE, D3, EQ or WoW.

Playing away, screen changes to a random solid colour, freezes, it will sometimes then go black, I can hear all game sounds and key input matches the game sounds, so firing a weapon still sounds like firing a weapon... blah blah blah, can't get the game window back into focus. Sometimes I can get to the task manager to force quit the game, some times I can't and it requires a hard reset.

Tried all the normal tricks, and spent hours upon hours looking at solutions on the web with a SHITLOAD of other people talking about the same thing and without finding a solution.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Tried all the normal tricks, and spent hours upon hours looking at solutions on the web with a SHITLOAD of other people talking about the same thing and without finding a solution.

I spent a few minutes looking this up and I found the weirdest "solution" on Reddit. Someone said to have Youtube running in the background/second monitor. It worked for them. Maybe even Twitch would work. Not really a fix, but that would be very interesting if it did work.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nyx is decent but I always felt like Irradiating Disarm Loki filled the same niche better. The new deluxe skin for her does look good, but after Ember Deluxe people should know not to trust concept art, only the final product.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I spent a few minutes looking this up and I found the weirdest "solution" on Reddit. Someone said to have Youtube running in the background/second monitor. It worked for them. Maybe even Twitch would work. Not really a fix, but that would be very interesting if it did work.
I almost always have something in youtube open in the background, build videos, a joe rogan video, something. Tried it without it as well. No dice.

I have started an even "higher" under-clock on my card, and increasing the TDR to 8 seconds from 2. I've managed 4 missions in groups back to back, so far.... so good.

PS: As a result, once this 45 min booster runs out I'll do the list of mods that are super critical for you. Assuming shit still works then.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Warframe Mods (mods marked with * have Primed versions)

Warframe Auras

1a: Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon.
1b: Rifle Amp, Steel Charge.
1c: Loot Detector, Enemy Radar, Shield Disruption, Rejuventation.

Warframe Mods

1a: Redirection, Vitality, Streamline, Continuity*, Intensify
1b: Flow*, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage.
1c: Vigor, Stretch, Equilibrium, Rage, Quick Thinking, Natural Talent, Armoured Agility, Steel Fibre.

Exilus Mods

1a: Coaction Drift, Power Drift, Enemy Sense, Aviator
1b: Cunning Drift, Agility Drift, Stealth Drift, Endurance Drift, Firewalker, Thiefs Wit, Intruder

Primary Mods

Rifle Mods

1a: Serration, Split Chamber.
1b: Cyro Rounds*, Hellfire, Infected Clip, Stormbringer.
1c: Hunter Munitions, Point Strike, Vital Sense.

2a: High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Wildfire.
2b: Hammer Shot, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds, Vigilante Armaments, Heavy Calibre.

Sniper/Bow Mods

1a: Serration, Split Chamber.
1b: Cyro Rounds*, Hellfire, Infected Clip, Stormbringer.
1c: Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Argon Scope.

2a: High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Wildfire.
2b: Speed Trigger, Shred, Vile Acceleration, Critical Delay, Thunderbolt.

Shotgun Mods

1a: Point Blank*, Hell's Chamber.
1b: Contagious Spread, Charged Shell, Incendiary Coat, Chilling Grasp
1c: Blunderbuss, Ravage*, Seeking Fury.

2a: Blaze, Toxic Barrage, Frigid Blast, Scattering Inferno, Shell Shock.
2b: Laser Sight, Shotgun Spazz, Critical Deceleration, Sweeping Serration, Accelerated Blast.

Secondary Mods

1a: Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent.
1b: Convulsion, Deep Freeze, Pathogen Rounds, Heated Charge*.
1c: Target Cracker*, Pistol Gambit*.

2a: Frost Bite, Ice Storm, Pistol Pestilence, Scorch.
2b: Hollow Point, Magnum Force, Gunslinger.

Melee Stances

All of them, as each one has specfic weapon types, polarities and playstyles. Find the weapons you like and use the correctly matching stance, it will also increase weapons mod capacity. Generally speaking Rare (gold) stance mods are better than Uncommon (silver).

Melee Mods

1a: Pressure Point*, Berserker.
1b: Fever Strike*, Molten Impact, North Wind, Shocking Touch.
1c: Reach*, Organ Shatter, Spoiled Strike.

2a: Vicious Frost, Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, Volcanic Edge.
2b: Drifting Contact, Weeping Wounds, Body Count, Healing Return.

Maiming (Memeing) Strike is special enough to warrant it's own category. If you can get your hands on it, great -- it's stupidly good. If you can't, or don't want to either wait til it comes around again, or pay the crazy prices players are selling it for it is absolutely fine to NOT use it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for that mod post. Ive been dabbling again the last few days and was kinda lost at where my current mod inventory stood compared to the game as it is today. Im still in pretty good shape (thankfully), I can blow my plat buying Prime frames I missed.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just started this game last night, to say I am confused is a understatement. I have no idea what I am meant to be doing, my screen pops up with messages telling me to do this that and the other some of them seem trivial others i get put into a group with some high levels oneshotting everything and i just around not having a clue what is going on.

How to I get different weapons and primes? without paying cash

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You make them using your foundry. You can get recipes from drops in game or from the market, or other sources you'll find later on.
Just follow through your quest objectives and clear the first few planets to get your bearings.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just started this game last night, to say I am confused is a understatement. I have no idea what I am meant to be doing, my screen pops up with messages telling me to do this that and the other some of them seem trivial others i get put into a group with some high levels oneshotting everything and i just around not having a clue what is going on.

How to I get different weapons and primes? without paying cash
You can go to the store and buy blueprints (should be a checkbox/option in the store). If you have amazon/twitch prime then for sure be sure to hit link the accounts. Get free stuff pretty often. Join a clan, they have vendors that sell a huge assortment of frames/weapons. People are also pretty friendly and will probably give you some of hte better mods to get started. Note that your trades per day are limited to your MR level.