Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They seem to be changing things in orb vallis every day, especially around rep gains. They fixed the various OP methods of gaining ventkids rep, they've nerfed the rep gain from tracking.. now it seems like toroid cave spawns have been reduced, or maybe im just having bad luck today.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
While you're right, you're also wrong. It's about time I didn't need to go out of my way to farm polymer bundles on the regular to feed my plate habit. More to the point, why would you be adverse to doing different content (even if it's "old") to just doing a single thing to get all the things?
Because the Index is a really fucking terrible content ?
I don't mind farming relics through a vast array of activities, or going back here and there, but the game sends you back quite often if you don't already swim in resources and credits.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I never found I need the index if I keep a credit booster running while I'm farming normal mission stuff especially the sortie each day.
I've probably run index less than 20 times total. I too dislike it.
Endo is my limiting factor. If I suddenly found 100k endo then yeah I'd be in trouble for credits.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Close enough.

Warframe0006.jpg

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I love smashing out some Index, fire up the Rhino and the Tigris Prime and go to town. I only ever really do it when a log-in reward gives me a credit booster, or I'm super hard up for credits trying to max out a mod or something. The thing that gets me, it's the use of ...

the game sends you back

Sends you back? like there's a clear and precise wow-like gear/zone linear grind.

Warframe has never really been about do this one thing, move to the next thing and never do the first thing again so you can move to the third thing and then AFK in your lander until it's raid time. Swinging back around to lower tier content with the same set ups you use on high tier content can be so much fun, especially that a whole bunch of the game CAN scale with you. It's not a forced scale like WoW currently is, or GW2 and Destiny as examples. Want to do hard shit on a low level planet to get that shitty resource that you ran out of because you haven't done that content in a year? Go 60minutes on a Mars Survival. Boom, hard-mode enabled. Want to just get the fucking shitty resource and get the fuck out? Run 10 minutes with a Nekros/Hydroid and let the resources rain.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still find endo to be a huge problem, and according to my spreadsheet I need to farm 600k more. Vodyanoi in the ideal group is still massively better than doing arbitrations (doubly so if you don't have a large stockpile of amber stars already) but that means finding a premade. Then again, arbitrations that Gara/Ivara cannot trivialize solo really should be done in a premade too. Rolling the dice on a PUG for ESO is bad enough, let alone something that much more challenging.

Credits are easy though. No need to find a group for Index, medium risk solo is as good or better than any other option, solo or grouped, and each round only takes about 5-6 minutes. I use Inaros and Arca Plasmor because I still can't be arsed to forma up my Rhino Prime until the next time I buy/loot an affinity boost and I like the Arca because it still one-shots almost always on medium and I don't have to spend 75% of my time reloading it.

More to the point, why would you be adverse to doing different content (even if it's "old") to just doing a single thing to get all the things?
I agree with pretty much everything you said here, but not this part. I don't care that stuff like resources are spread all over the place, but imo it's poor design to have one source of credits, two sources of endo, and two sources of focus that are 1) vastly better than every other source and 2) mostly useless for anything besides that one specific thing (doing eidolons for focus being the one exception there). Not a huge fan of the open world planets being closed ecosystems either, I thought they said they learned their lesson after the reaction to that shit on Earth. If anything it's a bit worse on Venus, what with the material reqs for Garuda compared to Gara. Gara could be completed at rank 1 with Cetus, while Garuda needs rank 4 to refine all the materials.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Akvasto Prime was added with the unvaulting of Nova / Mag, takes Axi A5 relics which are in the drop table of Cetus bounties when it's up.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Lets take credits as an example, as well as a rarer resource like Cryotic.

For the maximum reward in the smallest possible timeframe, Index is unbeatable. If you want to farm Cryotic, farming Lith Excavs for Cryotic is way faster than anything else I've found. Or, you could farm some quick cash, and get a little Cryotic on Heiracon at the same time. Pretty much the choice is yours. I've never sat down and tried to work out the exact time required to make X amount and then cross-checked them both, and honestly, I couldn't give a fuck. Sometimes I want Cryotic, sometimes I want cash, and sometimes I need both.

Most of the time, I'd rather run an hour of Index, get my cash, and then run Lith's for Void Traces and Cryotic. What I don't want to have happen, is needing to run Index for the best cash, the best xp, and the best Endo drops.

If they boosted all credits in missions to be on par with Index, then credit farming wouldn't be a thing, it would devalue credits to the point no-one cared about it. Alot like nano-spores and alloy plates. Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I think that would be an incredibly bad thing to do.

I dislike Hydron xp farming, it's boring as hell, and everyone expects to get carried (or outright afk), so there's no-one to carry so shit takes longer than it should. I'll still do it on occasion to get a frame rolling, but with the MR system boosting mod capacity, I really don't need to these days.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got Akvasto and a new vasto done in one night just running spare Axi relics for relic mats though I wonder if they are gonna vault Akvasto alongside Vasto. Can't remember any other new weapons released alongside an unvaulting before like this.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally hit Old Mate faction rank and the change to the Solaris United was legitimately neat and kind of terrifying.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At the rate I'm going I'll probably be able to build Garuda in March and hit Old Mate late summer.

Goonsquad Officer
I been tinkering a little with secondaries. I primary mostly opticor or ignis wraith. So a secondary that compliments woudln't hurt. I have a chunky twin kohmak, atmos, and kulstar.

I was looking at either doing staticor or prisma gremlins. I could do Pyrana prime but i tend to enjoy goofy weapons.

anyone have any experience with those?

PS the staticor needs a tennogen skin or something , that model is ugly as sin. The gremlins look cool, they tend to match my look on my frams.