Warframe

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I been tinkering a little with secondaries. I primary mostly opticor or ignis wraith. So a secondary that compliments woudln't hurt. I have a chunky twin kohmak, atmos, and kulstar.

I was looking at either doing staticor or prisma gremlins. I could do Pyrana prime but i tend to enjoy goofy weapons.

anyone have any experience with those?

PS the staticor needs a tennogen skin or something , that model is ugly as sin. The gremlins look cool, they tend to match my look on my frams.

I love the Pyrana Prime, even after 500+ hours in the game it's one of my favorite secondaries.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kitguns are probably going to end up beating almost everything just like zaws did. Atomos and Staticor will still remain at or very near the top, and Synoid Gammacor will always have a niche for its syndicate proc.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Gremlins are terrible. I ended up buying and testing out the Gremlins vs. the AKstilettos based on Vorphs (iirc) numbers he pushed on here, saying that the baseline damage was superior. While that is kind of true it didn't factor in one major thing about the Gremlins. They don't hit targets over XX distance (felt like 20-30m), the range on them is fucking tiny. AKstilettos can hit anything you can see pretty much.

I'm playing around with a Tombfinger, Flutterfire, Haymaker Kitgun at the moment, seems ok, but not enough for me to put down the AKstilettos. Pyrana Prime seems pretty legit too.

Vorph

It comes down to rivens as usual. If you have a good Aksomati riven there's no reason to use Akstilettos anymore. Same with Prisma Twin Gremlins, with the caveat that they are only useful for short-medium range. Open world stuff, and even most defense missions... forget it. That said, it's definitely not only 20-30m... they shoot a hell of a lot further than my Amprex or Ignis Wraith, you just have to account for travel time which is where it gets annoying. And yeah, it was me that posted the numbers before; PTG absolutely does considerably more damage than any of the other SMG-ish guns (even riven PTG vs. riven Aksomati iirc), but as you said it's paper dps and they aren't always easy to use. Personally I like them a lot and haven't touched my Akstiletto Ps since I forma'ed my PTGs even though I have no riven, but they're still a distant third in usage behind my Mara Detron (+riven) and Atomos, and once I build a Rattleguts kitgun they'll probably be mothballed for good.

For kitguns, the third piece should always be Killstream (Gaze) or Splat (everything else). It's a waste to go with anything but max crit when Primed Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker exist. The second slot is debatable; Haymaker seems obvious for Gaze and Tombfinger, the other two I'm not so sure about. All I really care about is the hitscan auto one and people seem to recommend Rattleguts - Ramble - Splat but at least on paper I think Lovetap looks much more appealing than Ramble.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Tombfinger I went status, I think. Rattleguts I'll go full crit. Which is what I'm off to build now.

On a side note I'm short 3 primes as of now. Spira Prime, Kogake Prime and Ankyros Prime, 2 are vaulted so I might just buy the missing pieces and then finish up Kogake.

I think Tiberon Prime was the biggest let down, there's nothing that comes close to Amprex and Ignis' room clearance. Gram Prime however is freaking awesome. I don't use it like I should, but it works quite well.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing with Tiberon Prime a bit lately, it's alright. Problem with ARs is that none of them feel as good to use as Soma Prime.

Apparently Phantasma is really good.. I need to get that and try it out.

Vorph

Tiberon P is just an above average gun that had an undeserved extremely high riven disposition. Even post nerf it's still way too high. IMO DE is kind of dumb for not resetting disposition when a prime is released, especially when they only remember rivens exist about once a year and have said that they'll only shift them up or down one pip. Plus it's based on usage, not necessarily the actual strength of the weapon.

Phantasma is fantastic, and the best part is that unless you have a riven for it you only need 1 forma to mod it optimally. The range is abysmal, but I still use it on Venus a lot while doing the highest tier bounties.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing with Tiberon Prime a bit lately, it's alright. Problem with ARs is that none of them feel as good to use as Soma Prime.

Apparently Phantasma is really good.. I need to get that and try it out.

That's my main issue with primaries is anything outside a few meta guns like Ignis or situational ones like Lanka, there's no point in using them due to how easy it is to get on top of enemies making most secondaries or AoE weapons superior. I doubt there's a fix for it but definitely feels like the game is skewed towards secondary/melee.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's my main issue with primaries is anything outside a few meta guns like Ignis or situational ones like Lanka, there's no point in using them due to how easy it is to get on top of enemies making most secondaries or AoE weapons superior. I doubt there's a fix for it but definitely feels like the game is skewed towards secondary/melee.
Bring on melee 2.0

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Orb Fights

Supposed to be out before the end of the year, but I kinda doubt that. Apparently they are going to more heist driven which I imagine will use operator stealth a good deal.

Goonsquad Officer
Geeze when did Staticor become so OP? It's an absolutely nuts weapon now...
yea that's what i've noticed, i want to supermax it, maybe get a riven. then i can use t he opticor and the staticor and have both aoe and single target explosions covered.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just started this up a few days ago, not sure where to venture in terms of learning one's ass from elbow but I've picked up a Nekros warframe for the time being -- no idea where to spend my efforts thereafter. Seems like ranged (as I've seen mentioned here) is a bit of a shit-show.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Rhino is a good early warframe to use which can easily carry you through to the end of the star map while you're learning the ropes.
Ranged weapons and melee weapons are all good. There are numerous good options for every slot.. Hek is a quite good primary which is available at pretty low MR.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys have strategies or certain maps you use for leveling up gear quickly? Don't have the most free time to play usually, so leveling up gear takes me forever.

Vorph

Hydron for frames (mod for pure survivability, bring Ignis Wraith), Telesto for weapons (Ivara prowl+sleep).

Meester

Trakanon Raider
WuCSPlf.png

The best warframe now gets the best prime.