Warframe

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I got a 75% yesterday too... But I still have a little over 1k plat left so I don't know if I should... soo tempted though.

Goonsquad Officer
haha i been off about a week playing other shit. i logged in and got the 50 percent off code. trying to decide if i wannna drop some cash or wait.

anyone play with garuda yet? she looks cool. curious if she good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I used to not worry about it too much since I got one (75%, I never use anything else) about every 6 weeks, or every time I stopped logging in for more than a couple weeks and came back, but they are super rare now and skipping logins doesn't seem to help at all. It's been at least 6 months since my last one. Even if I don't play much in November I'm still buying 4300 plat just to have it for whenever.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to not worry about it too much since I got one (75%, I never use anything else) about every 6 weeks, or every time I stopped logging in for more than a couple weeks and came back, but they are super rare now and skipping logins doesn't seem to help at all. It's been at least 6 months since my last one. Even if I don't play much in November I'm still buying 4300 plat just to have it for whenever.

Yeah I can't seem to get one, and like you said playing without plat kinda sucks after a while.

Goonsquad Officer
i'm mostly old and well employed and don't want to spend hours farming forma and other things.

Vorph

Yeah, I feel like full boosts is how the game was meant to be, then they cut everything in half to encourage buying them every 30 days. Plus I can only take just enough farming to get my own prime stuff; anything more than that leads to burnout and quitting so I would never have enough plat for stuff like Arcane Energize and other ungodly rare/expensive things that I'm also not about to even attempt to farm.

Endo still seems like it's going to be the same huge problem as always but I'll find some way around that and finally get the rest of my mods to R10.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the new reinforcement system actually makes things challenging out in Orb Vallis. Let them get to rank 4 and get to fight packs of hyena/jackals along with the harder spider bots, good addition and I'm thinking it's going to be tied to waking up the Mother Orbs.

Vorph

So what are people thinking is the best frame for soloing Vallis bounties? I tend to use Gara by default, but unfortunately she's not great at protecting multiple excavators. I don't want to switch back to using Frost just because he can bubble 4 spots, as he's objectively much worse at everything else compared to Gara. Max range/duration Limbo maybe? (Edit: I haven't actually lost an excavator yet playing as Gara, so maybe she's fine. Will I ever see more than 2 excavators while playing solo? So far I've only been doing the first three bounties for Garuda parts, but I have the chassis left to get from the easiest one so I will move on to the hard bounties soon.)

I'm finding Orb Vallis rather meh overall. It's so much copy/paste from Cetus with just some minor QoL improvements. Bounties are practically identical; there's a few different objectives, but the overall design is the same. K-Drives were a neat idea, but utterly pointless in practice because of how slow they are compared to the now-unlimited Archwing and because travel distance between objectives on Vallis is often 2-3x what it is on Cetus. The rep grind is pretty much just like doing Cetus/Quill rep all over again from scratch.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I honestly haven't bothered with soloing anything but resource stuff. Frost is pretty good, Ecavators, the Coildrive, and the Drone mission are much easier with him around. Limbo in a pinch for the Coildrive, and the stealth missions. I've been rolling around on Rhino tbh. Tried a bunch of other things but that damage output of some of these mobs is insane at stage 4 alert.

Vorph

I'll PUG just about anything in Warframe, except Spy missions and Cetus/Vallis bounties. Spy because most people are retarded and I can do all three twice as fast as a group normally manages to do them (or it's a sortie and practically guaranteed one of the three will fail), bounties because of assholes and host migrations.

Limbo for Coildrive though? I saw on reddit that Ivara can cloak it but they said that the rift doesn't protect it for whatever reason. Probably also a bug if it's true, but unlike the Ivara thing which I'm sure will be "fixed" tomorrow, a bug that isn't in player favor can take week(s) to get attention.

I think Gara is going to end up being the best choice for the highest tier bounties. She's nigh-invincible herself, the wall can fully protect one thing provided you build her right and are good at creating max height walls, and the only real nuisances are excavation bounty steps. Might also have to spend time at the start of a top tier bounty series building up a huge splinter storm, and then be extremely careful to never lose it, but at least you don't have to leave Vallis to keep bounties rolling.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
It IS possible. Couldn't believe it.

Warframe0005.jpg

Vorph

What primary weapons have you guys found effective on Vallis? I'm looking specifically for something to pair with a Mag/Gas/Rad Mara Detron (with riven). I have had limited success with my usual go-to weapons--Ignis Wraith is fine for easy bounties, Amprex surprisingly felt very weak, and Prisma Grakata with newly buffed riven dispo is very good but not really the type of gun I need. Phantasma is the one I've done the best with but the ideal mod setup for it has the same exact damage types and is generally just too similar to the Detron.

If I can't come up with a better option I guess I might finally build a Latron Prime as I still have that CC/Elec/Multi riven for it. Set up for magnetic it works out to 93k burst/56k sustained (with Bladed Rounds). Not sure how I feel about using a gun with only 15 in the magazine and a 2.4 reload though.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've mostly used Vectis Prime / Buzlok / Sybaris Prime so far but mainly because I have good rivens for each. Seem to rely on secondaries more then anything like Aksomati / Pyrana lately and Shotguns just don't really feel good at all outside of Phantasma in Vallis and even then I only tend to use it when in Toroid farming groups. Outside of sniper rifles, ignis, and a few shotguns primaries don't feel nearly as good as secondaries now but that may just be my playstyle.

Vorph

Does anything outside of the batshit insane stuff that spawns at 4* alert and coildrives/transport ships even have armor? I still have no idea what's going on with that one spider robot thing that constantly cycles through hp bar colors. I finally killed it once, but still have no idea why it suddenly started taking damage. Mostly I just make sure they don't ever get to escalate past 2*, maybe 3* towards the very end of the hardest tier bounty so I don't have to worry about the really nasty shit.

That's also why I like my Mara Detron. Mag wrecks shields, radiation takes care of robotics, and gas creates toxin clouds that eat the flesh of the ones I haven't shot enough to remove their shields. Same deal with Phantasma, except I don't have a riven for that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I came back for some casual play, the open world areas are fun, but god do they suck a dick for anything but their specific rewards. Need credits/endo/mats ? back to all the old places.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
While you're right, you're also wrong. It's about time I didn't need to go out of my way to farm polymer bundles on the regular to feed my plate habit. More to the point, why would you be adverse to doing different content (even if it's "old") to just doing a single thing to get all the things?

Last edited: