Warframe

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
After some fairly average tests with pugs and solo, groups tend to get more on disruption, about the same on survival. Disruption is well ahead on Hexenon in the few tests I managed to run.

Side note: the number of low MR Wukong Primes running around is triggering the shit out of me, but it's great for the developers. Primes clicking every fucking lifesupport capsule that lands does my head in.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's good that there's still a constant stream of new players to the game.. I was in hydron last night with some low MR wukong prime who was asking how i was nuking the whole map with saryn and how i got so much ability range. he didn't even know what a corrupted mod was.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've seen lots of sub mr 8 in pugs on Xbox since Tennocon. Glad it keeps pulling in new players.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Are running eidolons as meta reliant as the youtube tutorials suggest? seems kind of daunting, they talk about specific weapon, frame and build requirements including how to spec your operator. Are they something you can practice solo before doing it in a group or will that just result in getting 1 shot constantly?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I can show you the ropes on an Eidolon if you like Sakkath. Either run Rhino or Trinity if you're just starting out. If you know your way around Volt, Harrow or Oberon those will work as well. If you're super keen and have Chroma (and know what you're doing with him), you can switch Rhino out for him. I learnt what I was doing on Rhino and it was almost as effective as Chroma. Learn the mechanics, get your mote upgraded and maybe some points in Void Strike (madurai) and then start pushing on the second and third Eidolons.

The "meta" is all really about the Hydrolyst (x3 captures) and multi runs in the one night session. Knocking off the Teralyst is easy to solo, if you've got the right set up. Smacking up the first Eidolon in a pug is pretty easy, assuming at least one person knows what they are doing. Knocking off all three of them in the one session is something that's best left to people that have put in some time to get the right focus schools, frame, kill weapon and the like. Killing all three multiple times is best left to prepared teams with the right set up, and all the sweet shit that goes with that.

get lure x2 - charge lures - kill shield in operator mode - kill joint - kill shield - kill joint - kill shield - kill body - loot (can't remember if there' 4 joints on the first or only 2). You get the idea.

TL:DR> yes it is meta reliant if you want to do it fast -- warframes meta is always "gotta go fast"

Last edited:

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Are running eidolons as meta reliant as the youtube tutorials suggest? seems kind of daunting, they talk about specific weapon, frame and build requirements including how to spec your operator. Are they something you can practice solo before doing it in a group or will that just result in getting 1 shot constantly?
I think the easy answer is yes, it really is that meta. With out good amps and volt the eidolon shield can be a pita. It can easy make a group fail. The joints are effectively 1 million hp and the head is near double that. If you can't take the joints faily quickly you risk having to knock the shields down again. Last something has to keep the lures alive. Trinity has the easiest time doing that but there are other frames that can do it.
If you want to do 6 or more captures in a night then you aren't deviating to much from the meta.
I personally think for PUGS you should drop harrow. Everyone wear negation arcanes and you bring two volts.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I can show you the ropes on an Eidolon if you like Sakkath.
Might take you up on that. I'll probably re-forma my trinity (to try to fit in umbral vitality and intensify) for eidolons since i dont use it for anything else any more.

sukik

Anyone have a good lanka/volt built for eidolon? My chroma/rubico does ok, and probably needs some more formas but I want to try something different. Build volt for duration>strength efficiency and lanka for crit>raw rad damage?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Had a run at a Teralyst solo last night with my Trinity to see how it goes. Doesn't seem hard at all, the only issue i had is my amp took freakin ages to blast through its shield. Once I got through the shield the limbs went down in 4-5 shots of my lanka. Quit out after the 2nd limb as I CBF spending half an hour shooting at it's shield.

I'm using an ungilded 1,1,1 amp due to rep.. Maybe I should start working on vox solaris..
I read that radiation damage is best vs the eidolons so yeah my lanka is just built pure rad damage with serration, 2 crit mods, 2 ms mods, 2 90% mods, vile acceleration.

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Well I'm not using the base amp. It's the first one you can buy with quills faction. It's noticeably better than the base (mote amp), which i noticed when i accidentally took the mote into the ropapalyst fight..

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Had a run at a Teralyst solo last night with my Trinity to see how it goes. Doesn't seem hard at all, the only issue i had is my amp took freakin ages to blast through its shield. Once I got through the shield the limbs went down in 4-5 shots of my lanka. Quit out after the 2nd limb as I CBF spending half an hour shooting at it's shield.

I'm using an ungilded 1,1,1 amp due to rep.. Maybe I should start working on vox solaris..
I read that radiation damage is best vs the eidolons so yeah my lanka is just built pure rad damage with serration, 2 crit mods, 2 ms mods, 2 90% mods, vile acceleration.
Wait.... you took 30 minutes to take down 2 limbs and then left and called that a success?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Wait.... you took 30 minutes to take down 2 limbs and then left and called that a success?
Show me where I called it a success.

What I said is it doesn't seem hard at all. Reading guides on doing a teralyst online you'll find most of them detail what group makeup is required (I was a solo trinity), what operator powers you should have (i dont have them), what arcanes you need (i dont have any), the various times of the fight you need to use harrow or volt abilities which i obviously didn't have. Based on my experiment last night, a group of 4 identically newbie trinities as me could kill it with ease. Or I could solo it if I had a better amp or was willing to waste an hour. This is all based on the assumption that what I saw is the extent of the fight and there's nothing new and amazing it does after you kill more limbs.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
just started playin this and got a 70% off platinum code! got volt and researching frost now with help of some buddies. seems like a cool game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
what are those rebellions, like open world events or rifts? still learning. or just bunch of quests?

sukik

The yshould show up as alerts in first window pane when you look at navigation. You may need to have the node unlocked before you can do the event mission.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ty. did all four. the last two missions were nuts, definitely seemed unfair i could queue for that but my puggies carried me through. mastery rank3 lol

Last edited: