Warframe

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I havent played this in ages and didnt play too much when I did.

What's the tldr for a newb on what to do?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just follow the quests pretty much.. open up the star chart.. get rhino if you don't already have it, it's parts drops from the boss on Venus. Rhino will carry you all the way through the star chart if you want it to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does the orbtaker heist give you access to your archgun when you first run it? I'm not seeing a way to set it up before trying the heist. Orb-taker kill is a weekly for nightwave. It doesn't look that much harder than Eidolon hunts from the vids I've watched.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I've been having a lot of fun with this lately. A few of us are playing out here in the sand.. grouping up is way more fun than running solo, but it's still fun.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does the orbtaker heist give you access to your archgun when you first run it? I'm not seeing a way to set it up before trying the heist. Orb-taker kill is a weekly for nightwave. It doesn't look that much harder than Eidolon hunts from the vids I've watched.

The Gravimag (unlocks an archgun on regular missions) is given from the Profit Taker bounties which unlock when you reach rank 5 with Solaris United.

• 1Like

sukik

The Gravimag (unlocks an archgun on regular missions) is given from the Profit Taker bounties which unlock when you reach rank 5 with Solaris United.
Got it done last night after a little exploring. I maxed out solaris united faction then put fortuna on the backburner to farm eidolons for operator focus and farm relics for prime parts. First kill was really rough since the host I joined was really laggy from my end, but we got it done. I like nightwave because it's making me do things that I don't normally do, or haven't done yet because I'm busy with other things.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
whats up with the heavy gun slot on archwing? i unlocked it for 12 plat then it just put the same weapon in the heavy gun slot as the archwing had by default. felt like i got bamboozled. got nidus collection, gotta say nidus is fucking awesome with the nidus collection melee weapon that leeches health on hit.. infestation maps i just rape. had to make a macro to spam melee cause my finger gets tired.

fulmin is pretty OP too. glad i bought that at mastery 3 its been carryin my ass!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The heavy weapon slot is the same thing Byr etc are talking about. You can unlock that slot using a Gravimag (or buy it for plat like you did). The weapon in that slot can be deployed in missions using the Archgun Deployer you get from the profit-taker bounties on Orb Vallis. It's used for fighting profit-taker.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
okay sorry im not that far, so whats sure what profit taker was. thanks for the explanation

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What is this icon?

warframe blue icon.png

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Been farming eidolons and a bit of tridolon lately using trinity.. started switching to harrow the last couple of days, less survivable but being able to absorb the phase changes is good. I'm curious what groups without a harrow do.. do they cop the ae with their operator and survive but end up drained due to magnetic procs, or do they run away from the AEs? I was running away with trinity since pugs almost always don't have a harrow, but some groups complained that i was dragging the lures away.. never seemed to affect the capture though.

sukik

For pugging regular eidolon I run 100% magnetic resist from an 80% arcane nullifier paired with a 20% arcane nullifier so no energy loss. Still need to hide to avoid damage unless you're running chroma. I was using chroma, but I just started using volt. Sounds like I need to stop being lazy and farm harrow.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
For pugging regular eidolon I run 100% magnetic resist from an 80% arcane nullifier paired with a 20% arcane nullifier so no energy loss. Still need to hide to avoid damage unless you're running chroma. I was using chroma, but I just started using volt. Sounds like I need to stop being lazy and farm harrow.
I do the same thing. Wear two nullifier arcanes to negate the magnetic procs. If you have hunters adrenaline and adaption equipped the damage is manageable and gives you energy instead of drains it. I said this previously, best PUG group is two volts, trinity and either rhino or chroma. Two volts garantee a very quick drop of the eidolon's shield.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got all the plans for a Rhino but need a couple components still. What's the quickest way to farm Plastids and a Control Module?

Also, if I already have the weapon/warframe, is there any reason to keep the blueprints of that same weap/warframe? Or should I just sell them.

sukik

Got all the plans for a Rhino but need a couple components still. What's the quickest way to farm Plastids and a Control Module?

Also, if I already have the weapon/warframe, is there any reason to keep the blueprints of that same weap/warframe? Or should I just sell them.
The one booster I always buy from the store for 30 days is the resource booster. Gives you double everything for 30 days for 200p. Well worth it since I'm still crafting a lot of stuff. I got a bunch of plastids lastnight running Helene-Saturn trying to take advantage of a resource chance booster I got from a sortie coupled with my resource booster. Ended up with maybe 2-6 cells per round and a bunch of plastids. For control modules, anything void. I have more than I'll never need just from running missions there for other stuff.

For extra blueprints there are some cases where you'll want to keep them. Unlocking the highest tier of a faction requires a crafted currently available rare prime warframe part. It changes so look up the current part required when you get close to needing one. And regular chroma requires a part of another warframe to be crafted. As far as weapons go, take a look at the page below There are a bunch of weapons that require other weapons to be crafted. A lot of the dual pistols will require two pistols etc. And, maybe you already know this but just in case. Never sell prime parts/bps for credits. Either sell them for Ducats to baro kiteer or to other players for platinum.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Joined a 5x3 tridolon group.... a bit stressful.. luckily as trinity I didn't have to do anything except fly back and forth across the map delivering lures and casting blessing every time i passed the ones doing all of the work.

sukik

Nice, I just settled on teralyst pugs because I don't want to take the time to find a premade. Occasionally someone will want to do gauntalyst and it's pretty easy if someones playing a trinity.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there a good guide out there on which warframe and weapons to acquire first, and where it all comes from? I'm building a Rhino now but not sure on where to go from here.