Warframe

Meester

Trakanon Raider
So The Old Blood has been released.

Melee was reworked with manual blocking added while being able to equip your melee weapon only again. Tactical dodge was added etc - Dev Workshop - Melee Rework Phase 2: TECHNIQUE

Vauban and Ember were reworked.

Nemesis system was added.
84ac505df29b9fa411d3cca54df1e428.jpg

https://www.warframe.com/news/the-old-blood
Grendel added.

New kavat added, Titania deluxe skin, primary and secondary exilus slots [melee later]. Other stuff.

12084934689270f8186161e4c65e7bec.png

Next major updates before Christmas will I assume be something to do with Railjack and The New War.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I haven't read what the melee reword involved but I have noticed that my atterax memeing strike seems a lot less powerful.. it feels a lot slower than it used to be.. still smashes everything though!

Meester

Trakanon Raider
I haven't read what the melee reword involved but I have noticed that my atterax memeing strike seems a lot less powerful.. it feels a lot slower than it used to be.. still smashes everything though!

Maiming strike was nerfed before the update but yes spin to win is no longer optimal.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
guess i need to remod my atterax then.. or go back to one of the many excellent heavy blades.. problem is whip slide attack is so good for just killing everything in the room.. other melee/combos are so much less effective for that.

Meester

Trakanon Raider

We can build Railjacks now [spaceships for the uninitiated]. Resources to build them can be found on Ceres and Europa from eximus units. Flying them comes later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You can build the ship now? I only see the ability to build the dry dock, and then once that's built you can research a 'railjack cephalon'.

Edit: to answer my own question -> once you've built the cephalon you get missions to unlock the ship part recipies.

Last edited:

Meester

Trakanon Raider

Empyrean is out!

Now we can fly the spaceships we build. Best as part of 4 player co-op, its actually quite a lot of fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Empyrean is fun but buggy as hell right now. Only able to compete like 50% of the missions I run due to bugs.

Amesha archwing + cyngas with rad & cold damage = awesome at taking out fighters though.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Empyrian is *not* buggy as hell. Current state is amazeballs, compared to how it was when it launched ;P.
Rad/corr/blast/viral don't matter, only the old basic damage types (ips, heat, cold, tox, elec) and the new damage types can proc, the rest is just plain +damage.
wiki - wf emp damage types
Cold is OK if you have to slow them down, but with amesha's #3 I don't really needed it so I use heat for a little more damage.
And yeah, crit is crap (status is mucho better).

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Empyrian is most definitely buggy as hell right now but fun when it works. During the dev stream they addressed the overuse of Amesha but their solution was geared towards long term with revamping Archwings as a whole and possibly going a more modular route with them.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
The cold is just to slow things down like you said. The radiation does +75% damage agaisnt alloy armor. Puncture damage procs plasma in RJ which strips armor.

Best theoretical damage setup would be 100% status with some puncture and the rest radiation. The radiation wouldn't proc so all procs would be plasma.

Cold just makes everything easier.

As for the bugs... last night I boarded a crew ship that was off floating thousands of meters from anything... except once inside the ship there was a wall of rock that looked like it was from an asteroid that prevented me from reaching the reactor.

Well played grineer, well played....

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just started playing this and while I think it's cool so far, I'm a little lost as far as the direction I want to go. I only have one frame (excal), already finished the quest that gives the blueprint for Gara and now I'm at a crossroads. Should I start getting mats for the different Gara parts (bounties I guess), continue blue diamonds on earth, unlock other planets, etc. I'd like to start working on other frames just a little clueless on the direction I need to go (and this is after reading up on a bunch of stuff). Thanks in advance.

italica

Trakanon Raider
Work on unlocking as much of the system map as you can. Build everything you can along the way. Try to level all frames/weapon up to max once when you can. You can dump the ones you don't like after you've mastered them for the rank xp. Do that in a way that makes sense... you shouldn't have to bash your face against a brick wall leveling up a bad weapon combination.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Get Rhino, he is a great frame available early on who can get you all the way through the star map. I wouldn't bother farming Gara now unless you like PoE bounties.
You can farm new frames on each planet that you unlock.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I just started playing this and while I think it's cool so far, I'm a little lost as far as the direction I want to go. I only have one frame (excal), already finished the quest that gives the blueprint for Gara and now I'm at a crossroads. Should I start getting mats for the different Gara parts (bounties I guess), continue blue diamonds on earth, unlock other planets, etc. I'd like to start working on other frames just a little clueless on the direction I need to go (and this is after reading up on a bunch of stuff). Thanks in advance.
Looks like Twitch Prime has some freebies for warframe if you have that. Ember + warframe slot

iannis

Musty Nester
I haven't played in a year, but follow the planets. There are some quests in the back end that shocked me at how good they were. I did not expect that quality out of a game like warframe.

There aren't many, granted. But that there were any at all was a pleasant surprise.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Looks like there's been a pretty big balance patch... one of the major changes is to effectively give every warframe the same shield death prevention mechanic that Hildryn has. Might make corpus annoying to fight.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone still play this on Xbox? Took 7-8 month break and trying to get back into it a bit. Looking for a clan

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So small necro - but this has recently become my game of choice.

I tried to pick it up a couple of years ago but for some reason I didn't like it.

This time it clicked. I think it helps that I have stopped playing my old primary game, PoE - I never gave other games enough attention to get them to stick.

Anyway, I have been solo and duoing my way through the planets, and we have gotten to Uranus so far. I have leveled up about 5 frames, maybe a dozen primary weapons, a couple of secondaries and probably 30 melee weapons.

I think duoing this game with a friend is what really made it click. There are some things in there that are cancer-aids to do solo (Interception missions anyone?).

I farmed all the bosses for their frames up to Europa and then the bosses started getting super annoying. The drones on Jupiter and the fire guy Ruk on Saturn are NOT fun to fight at our current strength level.

Anyway, I put about 130 hours into this puppy in the last little while, and can see myself investing a couple hundred more at least. Even my friend who gets easily annoyed keeps coming back to this game - as long as he is duoing. He doesn't play much solo.

It is a lot like PoE in that it is NOT newbie friendly. There are so many fucking mechanics and extras and side things going on all the time that you NEED to watch a guide or two and do a little research. So many factions to raise, currencies to collect, components and materials to acquire, it is deep as shit for a pseudo free to play game. And I say pseudo because, also like PoE, you CAN play the entire thing free but if you want a modicum of storage space you have to spend some premium currency. And I didn't mind that, just like I didn't mind it in PoE, because at a certain time level you almost feel obligated to spend SOMETHING lol.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Warframe is really a good game. It's one I keep coming back to every 6-12 months.. Usually put a month or two in to it then put it on hold for a while.
Some of the bosses are way overtuned compared to others since they have been revamped out of order. Some of the bosses still haven't been revamped at all (The Sergeant being the most obvious example). Sargus Ruk is one of those who is really painful to fight.. I think the Raptors on Europa (I assume this is the other you are talking about) can be easy once you get the hang of that fight since they are extremely easy to kill, so the mission can be very quick if you can quickly pop them and drop the bombs. If it takes too long the endless supply of corpus spawns gets painful.

The Uranus Neptune and Pluto bosses are easier. Tyl Regor is my favourite boss in the game, his taunts are great.

It's been a while since I've played it, I'm kind of waiting for New War to get patched in.

• 1Like