Warframe

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Warframe is really a good game. It's one I keep coming back to every 6-12 months.. Usually put a month or two in to it then put it on hold for a while.
Some of the bosses are way overtuned compared to others since they have been revamped out of order. Some of the bosses still haven't been revamped at all (The Sergeant being the most obvious example). Sargus Ruk is one of those who is really painful to fight.. I think the Raptors on Europa (I assume this is the other you are talking about) can be easy once you get the hang of that fight since they are extremely easy to kill, so the mission can be very quick if you can quickly pop them and drop the bombs. If it takes too long the endless supply of corpus spawns gets painful.

The Uranus Neptune and Pluto bosses are easier. Tyl Regor is my favourite boss in the game, his taunts are great.

It's been a while since I've played it, I'm kind of waiting for New War to get patched in.

Yeah, the Raptors. Our current builds still don't have proper damage or dps - I can see that radiation is the key, I will have to check to make sure my primary has that slotted properly. I am running Rhino on bosses so I mostly ignore adds, it is damage I am having issues with. I may run Mag if I decide to farm it duo to use that magnet sphere skill.

One striking issue with the early game is that melee is clearly superior to range, especially when you get mass enemies spawning. Then you get to bosses that you literally CANNOT melee. It is an odd design. I prefer the shooty shooty but find myself reverting to melee too often.

That and Corpus robots suck dick so much. Nothing like having a mobile defense mission and losing it because you can't handle 25 robots all standing at range pew pewing your panel lol.

But I digress.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did the raptors solo, without looking anything up the first time. Maximum frustration. I think a good shotgun can make short work of the raptor, then just drop the ball in the hole.

I think the arca plasmor is still pretty good after the status nerf, because it wasn't a 100% status build. This is the build I use for solo index, but it works as a decent everyday anti robot gun. Use the regular versions of the mods if you don't have the prime versions. Prime stuff is nice, but you can do the star chart without them.

Nova, which is from the Raptors I believe, should make Tyl Rygor a lot easier. Mesa makes the fight trivial, but I don't think she's available until later in the chart.

For mobile defense, try frost or gara. They make it a lot easier when you're just starting out.

This is a newish website that has lots of great builds. You'll notice that a lot of builds are pretty similar, if fact I think there are basically two types of weapon builds (crit or status) + damage type. There's a core set of mods that will get you through the entire start chart with ease once you get them at/near max.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I did the raptors solo, without looking anything up the first time. Maximum frustration. I think a good shotgun can make short work of the raptor, then just drop the ball in the hole.

I think the arca plasmor is still pretty good after the status nerf, because it wasn't a 100% status build. This is the build I use for solo index, but it works as a decent everyday anti robot gun. Use the regular versions of the mods if you don't have the prime versions. Prime stuff is nice, but you can do the star chart without them.

Nova, which is from the Raptors I believe, should make Tyl Rygor a lot easier. Mesa makes the fight trivial, but I don't think she's available until later in the chart.

For mobile defense, try frost or gara. They make it a lot easier when you're just starting out.

This is a newish website that has lots of great builds. You'll notice that a lot of builds are pretty similar, if fact I think there are basically two types of weapon builds (crit or status) + damage type. There's a core set of mods that will get you through the entire start chart with ease once you get them at/near max.

Cries in rubico prime

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I think duoing this game with a friend is what really made it click. There are some things in there that are cancer-aids to do solo (Interception missions anyone?).

The key to solo interception missions is to simply not fight anything. The mission won't start until you capture your first point. After that just bullet jump your way from point to point retaking the ones the enemy grab. You can move between points much faster than the enemy and will continue to have uptime on 4-5 nodes if you don't get bogged down with fights.

The only tough missions to do solo are the ones where you have to defend something and you don't pick a good defense frame like frost or limbo ect.

Although standing directly next to the thing you are protecting can draw a lot of fire off of it.

And certain things can be healed with various life leeching skills.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Nice. I haven't gotten to the point of making a "build" with frame and mods/weapons yet, but I have had it in the back of my mind for a bit. Will need it soon/

Perfect!

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider

As for Melee weapons, those have branched out beyond the crit or status builds now. Now we have heavy attack builds and a few different styles of hybrid.

Heavy attack builds focus on minimum combo counter mods and heavy attack damage and wind up time. They can be really powerful, especially with weapons that do forced status proces on heavy attacks. They just spam heavy attacks.

Classic crit or status builds that get a high multiplier and just utilize that with bloodlust or weeping wounds also work.

Weird hybrid builds that focus on combo efficiency and crit stats are fun. They build up max combo counter and then spend some of their combo for heavy attacks then build up combo again. These can do some insane single hit damage.

Pretty much any weapon with decent (20%+) status and crit chance is really powerful now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
So this thread bump inspired me to get back into WF, especially after I found there's a new frame to farm..
But I also just discovered that transference doesn't trigger Octavia's passive any more! When did that happen? Totally unwarranted nerf to the best frame in the game :(

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
They are going to stream on twitch their new update and if you watch it with your account linked you get Hydroid Prime frame Warframe.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Also a handcannon for watching for any panel 30 mins. The Hydroid thing starts at 5 est iirc

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did Space Mom have a double mastectomy due to breast cancer at some point in her life? Not being snide, but I cannot fathom why she would wear what she is wearing.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Goddammit - my friend got me to play War Thunder. When he suggested it I watched some vids and thought - if I start playing this, I may not play anything else for weeks. And so I logged on last night and played until 2 am and most of today.

Good night, sweet prince Warframe, I hardly knew ya.

I will be back, some day.

Gotta go research another tank.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm in the process of farming all the old warframes for Heart of Deimos. Some of these drop rates are terrible.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm pretty happy I never removed an old frame. I have normal and prime for all that I have.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The new player experience update is supposed to be this month or next month right? Thinking about giving this a try for the first time in a long time when they do that.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The new new player experience is part of heart of deimos which is going live 25th Aug.

I too am a frame hoarder and have almost all normal frames still. I'm missing a couple I've never finished such as Ash and Atlas.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
OK, looks like I can confirm that the Void Dash does indeed reset the resistances of something. Just had Shadow Stalker show up during a credit farm, so I only had one decent weapon on me, the Vaykor Hek. Got him down to about 33% with my opening salvo and fucked around trying to light him on fire with Ember, didn't work. Got out the Operator, Dashed into him and his resistances vanished instantly. I'm willing to bet Sentients work the same way.

He dropped my 257th Dread BP. le sigh.

3 years later, still haven't had Despair drop.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Just did a 20 minute survival on the Orokin Derelict solo... in the Steel Path. That is some crazy shit. I did get roughly twice the Mutagen Samples I would normally, without using a Smeeta (I had mine in the printer). 40 samples is still pretty low. With boosters I could get up to 100, so maybe 200 a run in Steel Path?