Warframe

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They just announced that the next big patch drops in "November" and there will be some double xp/credit weekends along the way, so it's probably not a bad time to start. My complaints listed above are still valid though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A bunch of friends have me playing this game on the PS4 and I actually enjoy it so far. This is a necro sort of, but the Octavia build just dropped and wanted to see if anyone here still plays?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heads up for anyone with Amazon Prime, if you link your Warframe account to your Twitch account this month you get a Frost Prime set and Vistapa Prime Syandana for free. Guess it's a good thing I took a break when I did, because I was about to buy Frost for like 1000 plat but shelved it for a while instead.

Vorph

Yeah, a lot of primes are really just cosmetic upgrades but Frost actually has significantly better stats for his role. Now they just need to give away Ember Prime, it's the only other one I'm missing. :D

Did they nerf Tonkor and Synoid Simulor into the ground or something? I logged in quick to retrieve my Frost Prime and saw that I got a couple forma in the mail. The messages were about those two weapons so I assume they got trashed in some update and returning 1 forma is supposed to make up for it.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, it's a built Frost Prime (with potato) not blueprints/parts that you can sell if you already owned it.

Last edited:

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tonkor, and syndicate simulor/boltace were all nerfed in some way about 2 months ago. Apparently they ruined player experience, but the Limbo changes they introduced at the same time (e.g. disable primary/secondary and all skills of friendly players) were 'fine'.
Tonkor with friendly fire would be the best thing in WF. It has self-damage now (that's what you probably meant).
Actually, it barely has self-damage. It's simply insta-gib now if you hit yourself (and I don't even have a riven for it) :).

Frost is good, it's one of my few goto frames for lazy mode sorties (defense and mobile defense, sometimes interception).

Vorph

I never liked Tonkor anyway tbh. Only reason I forma'ed the shit out of mine was because out of the 1000+ hours I've got in WF probably a third of it was doing Akkad before the nerf. I don't think I used the thing anywhere else more than once or twice. Synoid Simulor I never touched either unless I was playing Mirage.

I'm tempted to get back into it but when I logged in to claim my Frost Prime I felt like a complete newb again even though I've only been gone since whenever that Akkad nerf happened. And also kind of annoyed that I skipped the anniversary stuff and missed out on getting a Dex Sybaris yet again, plus whatever else they handed out then. Got booted from my clan too of course, and the idea of relearning the game is rather daunting. I don't even know what a riven is yet. :D

How are the new frames and weapons they've added, anything fun/strong enough to really make it worthwhile? I've got everything up to Titania including all the primes except Ember (and Valkyr/Oberon I guess since they are more recent). Still have about 3k plat left too because I could never resist a -75% daily coupon.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Tonkor, and syndicate simulor/boltace were all nerfed in some way about 2 months ago. Apparently they ruined player experience, but the Limbo changes they introduced at the same time (e.g. disable primary/secondary and all skills of friendly players) were 'fine'.
Tonkor with friendly fire would be the best thing in WF. It has self-damage now (that's what you probably meant).
Actually, it barely has self-damage. It's simply insta-gib now if you hit yourself (and I don't even have a riven for it) :).

Frost is good, it's one of my few goto frames for lazy mode sorties (defense and mobile defense, sometimes interception).
Did they fuck up carriers or something ? I noticed I'm leaving behind a lot of stuff.

I finished War Within yesterday and honestly DE should stay away from writing serious drama, seeing my angsty teenagerTenno go through a self discovery arc was more painful than learning to play Dark Souls and the operator mode feels like pretty shitty gimmick. Kuva fortress looks pretty cool, the environment also felt appropriately dangerous. I tried to do the Nidus quest and got stuck on a door that wouldn't unlock. So much for Q&A on a months old content. I think I need to delete this again sooner rather than later, since it really is exactly the same game I quit last summer with a few touch ups here and there.

Vorph

I thought they reverted the Carrier/Vacuum nerf? I quit because of Akkad/Kavat/Carrier nerfs all happening more or less at once, but I vaguely recall hearing they undid the Vacuum one. Too late by then though, as WF is one of those games where you quit cold turkey and then don't even feel like logging in for the daily bonus.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I thought they reverted the Carrier/Vacuum nerf? I quit because of Akkad/Kavat/Carrier nerfs all happening more or less at once, but I vaguely recall hearing they undid the Vacuum one. Too late by then though, as WF is one of those games where you quit cold turkey and then don't even feel like logging in for the daily bonus.
Mystery solved, their solution was to turn vacuum into mod for all sentinels, however it was unequipped...

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
So i have amazon prime. Set up my twitch prime account, it's linked to my warframe account, I went into twitch and accepted the free frost prime, but it isn't showing up in game (been about 18 hours now). What am I missing?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Certainly sounds interesting, and I wonder how big that space will feel ingame.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It looks interesting, but given their track record regarding polish, I'm mildly worried it will end up being kinda shitty. I also wonder how level scaling will work, until you hit lvls 80+, Warframe can be ridiculously easy, but then you run into the players getting oneshot unless they actively cheese the gameplay. Loki is either running everywhere he wants, or he is borderline useless. Archwing involvement sounds awesome, maybe not flying in tiny corridors and fucking with your horizont will finally make it enjoyable. When they say "all new resources to acquire", imagine the biggest grind outside of Asia, with none of your resources from the past helping.

I found it mildly amusing how he walks/runs everywhere, in practice you would cover the distance in about 30s with bullet jumps/archwing ...

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Played for a bit again last year (or this year) during the Kuva thingie, gave up on RNG on top RNG cards bullshit.

Killing shit sure was fun ... might get back to it for a bit.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Oh shit there's a rerolled warframe clan? I need to drop mine and get in that. Still love warframe and prior to D2 was logging in every night. Really excited for the update.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
ohhh fuck, I forgot about D2. Didn't even want to download it last night to avoid sleep loss and now I completely forgot about it. Might have to delay all that killing for a bit.