Warframe

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So apparently PoE is still supposed to launch in September, it brings along focus rework (RIP Zenurik), a new frame and operator mode overhaul...

I'll be amazed if they pull it off.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since I've pretty much run out of fucks to give about Destiny 2, I'm thinking about picking this up again. I realize things might change a bit with the release of PoE, but what's the current state of the grind like? I quit when they ruined Akkad for xp on top of already being just about completely burned out from farming the seemingly infinite amount of endo I needed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you just do sorties/syndicates, it's about the same as ever. Void fissures got improved since now you can unlock a relic for every 5 waves/5minutes etc. and you get a boost for the rest of the mission on top, so you can keep going. Nidus is absolutely crazy frame that you should farm up ASAP, the rest are kinda meh, Hydroid got reworked, but he is still the red headed stepchild.

You can try to grind out some kuva and roll a crazy riven mod, but it's like 3 layers of RNG and they aren't exactly required.

Last edited:

Vorph

Hm, not entirely sure what you mean; I never really did sorties beyond the daily 3 when the modifiers weren't ass or syndicate missions for anything but rep. I was in the middle of forma-ing all the stuff I use all the time so that I could max out my mods finally so I still need a ton of xp (and endo).

Void fissure thing sounds weird, we used to always run one person with a refined relic and the others just brought junk along, and then you'd rotate the person with the refined one until the rare shit dropped.

Nidus does look interesting, kind of like Inaros on crack? I definitely want Banshee Prime too, and I've collected every prime frame except Ember so I'll get the rest too eventually. Any weapons a must have? I still need one more piece to finish my Tigris P and I know I want Sybaris P and Euphona P as well.

I guess the first thing I need to do is TWW?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hm, not entirely sure what you mean; I never really did sorties beyond the daily 3 when the modifiers weren't ass or syndicate missions for anything but rep. I was in the middle of forma-ing all the stuff I use all the time so that I could max out my mods finally so I still need a ton of xp (and endo).

Void fissure thing sounds weird, we used to always run one person with a refined relic and the others just brought junk along, and then you'd rotate the person with the refined one until the rare shit dropped.

Nidus does look interesting, kind of like Inaros on crack? I definitely want Banshee Prime too, and I've collected every prime frame except Ember so I'll get the rest too eventually. Any weapons a must have? I still need one more piece to finish my Tigris P and I know I want Sybaris P and Euphona P as well.

I guess the first thing I need to do is TWW?
Sorties have a chance to give you the new shiny riven mods introduced in TWW, which can sell pretty well both veiled and unveiled, fissure farming is still the same, you just don't have to recreate the endless levels every 5 minutes, for the relics you still run excavations n shit. Nidus makes Inaros look like a wimp, he has CC, endlessly scaling nuke, ally buff and zoning ulti on top self ress if you have enough mutation stacks ... His only weakness is that he needs to hit shit with his nukes, so he sees the most use vs infested.

Vorph

You have to recast it every X seconds, but sustaining the energy for it is trivial. If you want true permanent invis, you need Ivara.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You have to recast it every X seconds, but sustaining the energy for it is trivial. If you want true permanent invis, you need Ivara.
The focus nerfs are going to turn ivara into trash unless you can sustain it via drops or kills,

Vorph

Why? Prowl already is a 'channeled' ability and Zenurik doesn't work while it's active. I always sustained it with efficiency mods and Rakta Ballistica procs. What killed Ivara for me was hearing they nerfed focus xp gain into the ground for stealth frames. Kind of pissed about that since I have greater lenses on Ivara and Redeemer. I haven't tested it but I used to be able to get my 100k in an hour or so running a grineer exterminate mission. Although, thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure my Naramon lenses are on Ivara and my Zenurik ones are on Excalibur anyway. Naramon revamp looks like complete trash so I guess it's no real loss.

(Edit: Oh I see what got nerfed, Redeemer charged shot isn't silent anymore. Yeah, that would completely destroy my setup for focus xp. No idea how I'll get 250k in a day, nothing else I tried ever came remotely close to what Ivara could do. The new tier of lenses aren't going to make up for that when the cap went up by so much too.)

'New and improved' Zenurik has a thing that improves channeling efficiency by 60% too. (Edit: forgot that what WF means by channeling is the melee weapon booster thing, not stuff like Prowl) Maybe some other good stuff as well, but I find it really hard to tell what applies to frames and what only applies to the operator. Like you could build for pickpocket speed/range and sustain it with the extra 50% over 5s from orbs, since you steal a lot of orbs.

Last edited:

Vorph

I'm still wondering if there's a map where you can roll in with freshly built/forma'ed everything-but-one-weapon and nobody will care (for at least 4 full rotations like old school Akkad). I've got an affinity booster going and a bunch of stuff I want leveled up.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm still wondering if there's a map where you can roll in with freshly built/forma'ed everything-but-one-weapon and nobody will care (for at least 4 full rotations like old school Akkad). I've got an affinity booster going and a bunch of stuff I want leveled up.
I generally had one slot dedicated to weapon leveling on me and just went on doing my business, Akkad is still sort of doable, but I just took them along on anything but sorties. Infested salvage on Akkad isn't that bad, people farm it for Nidus and if you have a decent weapon anyway, nobody gives a shit. Really the system is stupid, since you can't really judge a weapon until it's 30/potato'd/forma'd. Another option are stealth vault runs, if you get completely undetected, the xp is really nice and you get relics on top.

They also fucked with the AI, now if they spot a body, they become alert and you get shit XP, so stealth runs are really obtuse.

Vorph

They also fucked with the AI, now if they spot a body, they become alert and you get shit XP, so stealth runs are really obtuse.
Ah, well on the bright side I just read that they are dumping all our lenses back into inventory with the release of PoE. Not sure if there will be a way to [efficiently] upgrade greater lenses to whatever the new 2.25% ones are called though. I sure as hell won't be starting that horrific grind without the best possible lens setup. Might try to find someone else interested in doing a killframe + EV Trinity duo/swap just to get it done with minimal hassle.

I don't mind doing Loki spy runs to level weapons if it's as good as Akkad/Hydron/whatever farming, but I've got a lot of frame leveling to do too. Banshee/Hydroid/Valkyr/Rhino Primes and Octavia, Nidus, Harrow, and (soon) Gara at minimum, plus I'm thinking about getting Ember P finally, and however many formas I still need to do. Frost Prime needs some for sure, along with Nidus and whatever else I like from the leveling batch. My biggest beef with the game is that way leveling up mods requires you to not just forma the frames you use most, but also the ones you like to just mess around with for fun (or else you have to keep a second set of expensive partially-leveled mods around too). I've got better things to spend my plat on. The whole time I played WF super hardcore, Baro brought fuck-all for useful primed mods and I still barely have any of the good ones.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Vorph- just shoot a message in clan chat and we’d be happy to carry you with shitty gear on. We usually run 2 full groups in the evenings

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
For weapons leveling I take Ember to Hydron/Akkad, or Slow Nova with one maxed weapon to Hieracon (a lot more fun than defense for me, but sometimes I don't feel like putting too much effort so Ember WoF works better).
For frames or frame/weapon combo, one maxed weapon of choice and Hydron/Akkad.

Also, fuck focus changes (I hope Zen nerfs won't kill off Loki's usability, he's my general purpose frame) and more forced WarKiddies crap.

Vorph

Vorph- just shoot a message in clan chat and we’d be happy to carry you with shitty gear on. We usually run 2 full groups in the evenings
Will do. I've been spending all my time trying to get Nidus parts, but I'm down to just needing the chassis so hopefully it will be over soon. And I just realized that I need an assload of polymer and orokin cells to build all this stuff I've been buying/farming.

I also have a pile of old relics I'd like to run at some point. Especially the 13 I have for dual kama blades, but I've got a bunch of vaulted frame and probably some weapons too that people can tag along for.

And yeah, I'm a bit concerned about what Zenurik 2.0 is going to do to Loki too.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, reading the past few posts just made realize why I stopped playing this game. I think the dev's have made the game needlessly "complex" by introducing changes to systems apparently just to change them or promote $$. I feel the game was a lot more fun when there weren't melee stances or elemental dmg / status combos. Still looking forward to trying out Plains though, but probably only for a few hours. ;p

Vorph

I think the only really terrible thing they've added is the operator. They seem determined to iterate on it rather than just abandon it entirely, which I'm still not sure about. Maybe someday it won't be videogame aids every time you're forced to use it (I just got my introduction to how much kuva siphons suck today) but at the same time I don't want to use anything but the warframes I've spent so much time collecting. I certainly do not want to grind a retarded amount of focus and eidolon crystals just to make the operator slightly more bearable either; whatever focus I get will be used for unlocking all the energy stuff for my frames and then I'll quit doing it at all just like focus 1.0.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Leveling the arcwing seems like needles in a penis painful. I don't know where to start or how to even get mods for the shitty thing.

And I then need to refigure out how to get the dual mods I'm missing from nightmare dragon keys? Too much shit needed to do other shit.