Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grabbing it against my better judgement since a friend got it, and none of my friends have crossed gaming paths in ages. (And we are scattered over the country at this point)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
idk how the fuck u go about getting this heavyweight champion one for ogryn

one of your team mates would surely kill one of the elite ogryns (4 required) before u lined it up, and good luck getting those 4 elites togethre in the first place?

Need to just do with friends. Heresy has plenty Ogryn 4+.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game is dangerously addictive once you start getting unlocks and feats.

Bolter for fucking life!!!!

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trappers need to be changed.

New gear stuff is at least a step in the right direction, but I'm really confused why they are piecemealing these systems out like this? The shop that it launched with was pathetic and a complete turnoff from the game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay if you haven't yet go play one of the power outage missions.

Whole game should be this way by default lol.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Guess I will start on a Vet...

image_2022-11-27_103136643.png

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the game is failing at an impactful character progression system. I'm pretty sure my lvl11 Vet & Zealot will feel identical to their lvl 30 versions, the difference being their gear. Neither of the passives I've unlocked on those classes has had any noticeable / meaningful impact on how the character plays. I'm hoping they add more Iconic abilities to each class so you can have a choice of what to use as you level up. Right now, it is the setting that keeps me wanting to play, and the hope that release will bring more stuff.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I think the game is failing at an impactful character progression system. I'm pretty sure my lvl11 Vet & Zealot will feel identical to their lvl 30 versions, the difference being their gear. Neither of the passives I've unlocked on those classes has had any noticeable / meaningful impact on how the character plays. I'm hoping they add more Iconic abilities to each class so you can have a choice of what to use as you level up. Right now, it is the setting that keeps me wanting to play, and the hope that release will bring more stuff.
I haven't got past level 10 yet (no time to play, out of town) but I was kinda feeling the same way, but I am certain they will. Vermintide 2 definitely has very meaningful talents, I'm sure they'll keep tweaking these as well. They've overhauled them many times on VT2.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How are you guys doing some of the more asinine penances? I don't even know what a "corruptor" is much less where it's eye is to throw the ogryn grenade at it, nor have I ever seen mobs thick enough to approach 100 for a charge etc.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How are you guys doing some of the more asinine penances? I don't even know what a "corruptor" is much less where it's eye is to throw the ogryn grenade at it, nor have I ever seen mobs thick enough to approach 100 for a charge etc.

Corruptor is that giant slug thing. Gotta hit it in the yellow blob on it's back. 10x and no luck. Either the squad kills it, or I am always the target when near death so always facing me. Or I just fuckin miss.

100 for charge you need Heresy+

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Corruptor is that giant slug thing. Gotta hit it in the yellow blob on it's back. 10x and no luck. Either the squad kills it, or I am always the target when near death so always facing me. Or I just fuckin miss.

100 for charge you need Heresy+
No, the corruptor is the big demon eye that emerges when you kill the three tentacles.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone talks about lv 11 like a big deal. Other than unlocking contracts (to get better higher end weapons for sale), for veteran didnt seem to do much for me. Lv 10 had chainsword and I thought my 2nd talent.

Chainsword sounds good, but not sure I like it, at least 2 light swings for trash, revving it doesn't seem to make aoe work better more of a single target burn? I just dont like sitting frozen for 3 seconds while it chews on something. So far I kinda like the ax the most, bit slower 1 tapping trash, but it hits elites well. Wish they had better descriptions on special abilities, like the ax uppercut does less damage, and doesn't look like it'd be a better armor penetrator. Sword parry also seemed weak, or like plenty of things, would work better slow paced fighting single enemies when most of the time it's just a horde you need to frantically mash thru. Though I never played vermintide, and I'm used to more like chivalry etc which is far more technical.

3x burst rifle so far working out best for semi sniping and can hip fire trash better than the lasgun. Want to get multilaser whatever they call it, plasma, and bolter of course.

Feel like 10% toughness regen on headshots/weakpoint kills might not be working, unless I'm shooting trash to death in the shoulders.

• 1Like