Warhammer 40k: Darktide

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
After you kill the tentacle growths? SUMMA BITCH!!!! SUMMMMMA BITTTTCH!!!

Lmfao I was just about to post that the big slug definitely says beast of nurgle, not corruptor.

The stationary eye is sooooo much easier at least.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone talks about lv 11 like a big deal. Other than unlocking contracts (to get better higher end weapons for sale), for veteran didnt seem to do much for me. Lv 10 had chainsword and I thought my 2nd talent.

Chainsword sounds good, but not sure I like it, at least 2 light swings for trash, revving it doesn't seem to make aoe work better more of a single target burn? I just dont like sitting frozen for 3 seconds while it chews on something. So far I kinda like the ax the most, bit slower 1 tapping trash, but it hits elites well. Wish they had better descriptions on special abilities, like the ax uppercut does less damage, and doesn't look like it'd be a better armor penetrator. Sword parry also seemed weak, or like plenty of things, would work better slow paced fighting single enemies when most of the time it's just a horde you need to frantically mash thru. Though I never played vermintide, and I'm used to more like chivalry etc which is far more technical.

3x burst rifle so far working out best for semi sniping and can hip fire trash better than the lasgun. Want to get multilaser whatever they call it, plasma, and bolter of course.

Feel like 10% toughness regen on headshots/weakpoint kills might not be working, unless I'm shooting trash to death in the shoulders.
Chainsword is good for Elites, rev it up and hit them. It doesn't feel great for Hordes though, since it doesn't have great cleave. You can cheese the heavy atk though (lame) by tapping your switch wpn button back and forth to cancel the longish hvy atk animation. For Hordes, I guess you would want a weapon with Relentless as its Light Atk chain, I've only seen Relentless on heavy atks though.

I dislike the secondary objective system, so far, since the game really punishes you for searching. 100% of the time I run around looking for stuff, away from party, I end up getting a Mutant or Dog on me, plus the Weekly isn't party friendly. Someone else picks up a grimoire? No credit for you!

They really need to spend some time on tweaking Character progression, its really weak and super basic. Gear progression is fine so far though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Chainsword is good for Elites, rev it up and hit them. It doesn't feel great for Hordes though, since it doesn't have great cleave. You can cheese the heavy atk though (lame) by tapping your switch wpn button back and forth to cancel the longish hvy atk animation. For Hordes, I guess you would want a weapon with Relentless as its Light Atk chain, I've only seen Relentless on heavy atks though.

I dislike the secondary objective system, so far, since the game really punishes you for searching. 100% of the time I run around looking for stuff, away from party, I end up getting a Mutant or Dog on me, plus the Weekly isn't party friendly. Someone else picks up a grimoire? No credit for you!

They really need to spend some time on tweaking Character progression, its really weak and super basic. Gear progression is fine so far though.

My biggest beef is that 75% of the time, when you complete the secondary objective...You get jack and shit, even though it says it in the description of the mission!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been getting 70xp for some secondary objective in t1 missions since yesterday, had never seen that for the previous week. Odd.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Another bitch about clarity. Looking at guns, no values on the various bars, so like if i go to upgrade it, shows a rating increase, but the bars appear the same. And even what the bars are can change, so like I'm looking at a lasgun and it has a bar that says colateral (aoe?) vs my equiped lasgun has a stoping power bar.

When you inspect melee, different symbols but no clarity what for example on a heavy swing strikedown vs relentless or vanguard means.
When it shows under light attacks 2 vanguard then a strikedown does that mean 2 lights then hit heavy for the strikedown vs just 3 lights will do 2 vanguards ending in strikedown (vs heavy just shows strikedown twice, hence confusion on does that mean I should 3x light strike vs 2 light and a heavy.

1669655445716.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Another bitch about clarity. Looking at guns, no values on the various bars, so like if i go to upgrade it, shows a rating increase, but the bars appear the same. And even what the bars are can change, so like I'm looking at a lasgun and it has a bar that says colateral (aoe?) vs my equiped lasgun has a stoping power bar.

When you inspect melee, different symbols but no clarity what for example on a heavy swing strikedown vs relentless or vanguard means.
Collateral is piercing(how many bodies it will go through), so great for hordes but terrible against carapace.

• 1Like

Sludig

Collateral is piercing(how many bodies it will go through), so great for hordes but terrible against carapace.
I edited some further info/questions. How many different armors are there, first time hearing carapace, is "elite" just unit type or armor, I've seen flak and forget the name for some heavy sounding armor.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I enjoy the 2h chainsword over the 2h hammer. The chainsword cleaves very well with heavy 1 -> push block attack -> repeat chain. You could heavy 1 -> light 2 -> repeat to cleave, but I like the push block attack to create space.

A rev'd up chainsword, with out the charge, and Light 1 attack will kill shotgunners, flamers, trappers, snipers, and dogs. With the charge attack, you will take out maulers, mutants and reapers (sometimes if you are able to get a bulwark in the back you can take it out in one go, but the always seem to turn on me with their shield up before I get to strike them, recommend heavy 1 when dealing with all of the ogryn variants).

Muurloen

I edited some further info/questions. How many different armors are there, first time hearing carapace, is "elite" just unit type or armor, I've seen flak and forget the name for some heavy sounding armor.
Flak & Carapace are the two different armors. Carapace is only on the ogryns as far as I know... could be wrong.

Sludig

So many fucking crashes, fortunately at loading back into ship/after game screen mostly.

Sludig

I enjoy the 2h chainsword over the 2h hammer. The chainsword cleaves very well with heavy 1 -> push block attack -> repeat chain. You could heavy 1 -> light 2 -> repeat to cleave, but I like the push block attack to create space.

A rev'd up chainsword, with out the charge, and Light 1 attack will kill shotgunners, flamers, trappers, snipers, and dogs. With the charge attack, you will take out maulers, mutants and reapers (sometimes if you are able to get a bulwark in the back you can take it out in one go, but the always seem to turn on me with their shield up before I get to strike them, recommend heavy 1 when dealing with all of the ogryn variants).
I was lv 2 preacher, hated it, working on veteran, but now im starting to wonder about going back preacher since Im liking melee a bit more and they have those unique weapons. But being able to tap a button to single out and nuke down distant elites is very nice as well....

Muurloen

I was lv 2 preacher, hated it, working on veteran, but now im starting to wonder about going back preacher since Im liking melee a bit more and they have those unique weapons. But being able to tap a button to single out and nuke down distant elites is very nice as well....
From what I understand the Power Sword is a fantastic weapon for the sharpshooter. Before changing gears, I would atleast try a couple of runs with that weapon before bailing.

Sludig

From what I understand the Power Sword is a fantastic weapon for the sharpshooter. Before changing gears, I would atleast try a couple of runs with that weapon before bailing.
Only 11, so not sure when I get it. But some of the instant regen of the preacher is another attraction.

Sludig

Hadn't messed with settings, turned down depth of field and turned off motion blur. Capped to 120fps. Running around station and my nvidea says my 3080 is at 90-98% utlization. Never usually use that overlay, but seems silly? Thats at 55 fps

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Everyone talks about lv 11 like a big deal. Other than unlocking contracts (to get better higher end weapons for sale), for veteran didnt seem to do much for me. Lv 10 had chainsword and I thought my 2nd talent.

Chainsword sounds good, but not sure I like it, at least 2 light swings for trash, revving it doesn't seem to make aoe work better more of a single target burn? I just dont like sitting frozen for 3 seconds while it chews on something. So far I kinda like the ax the most, bit slower 1 tapping trash, but it hits elites well. Wish they had better descriptions on special abilities, like the ax uppercut does less damage, and doesn't look like it'd be a better armor penetrator. Sword parry also seemed weak, or like plenty of things, would work better slow paced fighting single enemies when most of the time it's just a horde you need to frantically mash thru. Though I never played vermintide, and I'm used to more like chivalry etc which is far more technical.

3x burst rifle so far working out best for semi sniping and can hip fire trash better than the lasgun. Want to get multilaser whatever they call it, plasma, and bolter of course.

Feel like 10% toughness regen on headshots/weakpoint kills might not be working, unless I'm shooting trash to death in the shoulders.

Veteran doesn't come alive until level 15 when you get one of the following which really turns you into a power-house.

1. Acquire a grenade very 60s (I use this with the plasma gun)
  2. 20% reload speed reduction (I'd use this for the bolter)
Pickup a Bolter or Plasma gun and it becomes really fun. As for the chain sword, I wasn't a fan either until you get into malice or higher when the game starts throwing lots of elites at you. You have to take them down quick or you get overwhelmed. I'll usually pop my ult ability to tag everything, smoke as many elites as I can with the plasma gun until it almost explodes then start mopping up with nades and the chainsword.

The crashes yesterday were really bad, I hope they get it figured out. I played for 5-7 hours straight and only got a few levels due to crashes and apparently it doesn't always let you reconnect.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

When it shows under light attacks 2 vanguard then a strikedown does that mean 2 lights then hit heavy for the strikedown vs just 3 lights will do 2 vanguards ending in strikedown (vs heavy just shows strikedown twice, hence confusion on does that mean I should 3x light strike vs 2 light and a heavy.

View attachment 445029

Here is an infographic for the symbols

Attachments

• DT Weapon Icons.pdf
    157.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pop into the training area, can test different loadouts/weapons you have with damage numbers. I learned a lot, like the ogryn latrine shovel destroys everything, not sure if that is a bug or not but it is 100% their best weapon. The overhead charge attack does almost double the damage of the bull cleaver, great crowd control and from what I can tell the best damage against armor.

Sludig

Veteran doesn't come alive until level 15 when you get one of the following which really turns you into a power-house.

1. Acquire a grenade very 60s (I use this with the plasma gun)
  2. 20% reload speed reduction (I'd use this for the bolter)
Pickup a Bolter or Plasma gun and it becomes really fun. As for the chain sword, I wasn't a fan either until you get into malice or higher when the game starts throwing lots of elites at you. You have to take them down quick or you get overwhelmed. I'll usually pop my ult ability to tag everything, smoke as many elites as I can with the plasma gun until it almost explodes then start mopping up with nades and the chainsword.

The crashes yesterday were really bad, I hope they get it figured out. I played for 5-7 hours straight and only got a few levels due to crashes and apparently it doesn't always let you reconnect.
Do you just spam light or heavy on those elites? Or more specifically, lets say you rev, then swing, are you just button mashing that or actually reving point blank to use that again.

Some of the axes have special attacks, but I dont see most of them doing anything worth the long animation vs just your light/heavy

Sludig

Test zone was locked until recently, quite nice. So not sure what pens what (ie maybe a hellbore heavy laser will pen but not anything rapid), but carapace on heavy melee guy (threat 2) is only on his head for example. My guns deflect all shots except crits, but then rest of his body takes hits fine, so I guess I just gotta chunk through instead of aiming for that head.

Vs one of the gunners, calls out his head as unarmored, but doesnlt say his body has anything. 3rd type. Head was flak, rest nothing, but still takes more than a body shot.