Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Do you just spam light or heavy on those elites? Or more specifically, lets say you rev, then swing, are you just button mashing that or actually reving point blank to use that again.

Some of the axes have special attacks, but I dont see most of them doing anything worth the long animation vs just your light/heavy

With the chain sword I rev (Special attack) and try to hit them in the back to take them down in one or two hits. I didn't care for the chain axe at all, it had the worse crowd control swings so far.

Hordes aren't bad once you figure out your attack patterns. swing, dodge, swing, dodge, block push, dodge, swing, etc.

Hekotat

Just tried out the Recon Lasgun and it is pretty nuts. 100 round mag full auto laser beam. Shoots faster than an autogun.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just tried out the Recon Lasgun and it is pretty nuts. 100 round mag full auto laser beam. Shoots faster than an autogun.
Lot piddlier per round though than autogun I think. Feels more satisfying, even if I think auto gun if you can get it with a decent magazine size is probably the better one for headshotting at any range/tight crowds. Want to try the heavy laz, forget name, but shied away because I think it may be a charge shot and that's the last thing I need is a practical bolt action in a horde game.

Sludig

imo, MOST ogryn players need to be gassed. Nothing makes a match more annoying than these dumb fucks seemingly purposely blocking everything, like I'll be lasering down a target and they walk into the stream

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
imo, MOST ogryn players need to be gassed. Nothing makes a match more annoying than these dumb fucks seemingly purposely blocking everything, like I'll be lasering down a target and they walk into the stream

90% of the time I mark and stagger elites that I can reach with my grenade launcher. Bullrush close elites. I usually wait until YOU let's say decide on what you're targeting. I wade in after that depending on your class, or stay close making sure to keep shit off peeps. OR I bullrush immediately if the horde is large enough, or if a need to keep you from taking massive damage from whatever ranged, and walk shield up so mobs go mele.

Sludig

Another observation, so many weapon abilities are kinda dumb. Like a flat % sure whatever, but you get a lot of these conditionals that even if you get them, I can't see mattering in 95% of situations. IE +1% close range dmg on repeated hit, only stacks 5 times. So by the time you've shot something 5 times, you are getting such a tiny boost, what are the chances that an extra 5% makes a difference? Esp since we are talking spray guns not like a sniper where 5% is closer to a good chunk of damage that might prevent needing a 2nd shot.

Basically only decent for a boss/big ogryn etc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1669680230766.png

So this rolled great on rating when I upgraded it but... man do I wanna reroll (Re-bless I guess) this pinpointing target thing when they eventually put the crafting in.

Sludig

Seals and grimoirs, tell me what all is up w/ them? Like I noticede they take up a team item. But I was taking a ton of corruption damage over time, I assume it's from carrying grimoire? I tried dropping it, but taking it out to throw apparently lets it loose or something? Was a super long map for whatever reason and just couldn't keep losing health as the group was struggling a little (bunch of lv 5's or so on difficulty 2)

Hekotat

Seals and grimoirs, tell me what all is up w/ them? Like I noticede they take up a team item. But I was taking a ton of corruption damage over time, I assume it's from carrying grimoire? I tried dropping it, but taking it out to throw apparently lets it loose or something? Was a super long map for whatever reason and just couldn't keep losing health as the group was struggling a little (bunch of lv 5's or so on difficulty 2)

They take up a slot that can be used for a health pack or ammo pack. The grim causes you to lose a certain percentage of health per grim you hold. You can equip items that have corruption resistance as well as potentially feats and make it where you take less health loss. They did change the mechanic some on them but I haven't looked into it yet. I saw people talking about a DoT but I haven't seen that yet.

Sludig

Hit 14 and unlocked bolt gun, had a cinematic but no idea what happened since i crashed.

Sludig

Meanwhile I'm a streak of more retards quing for lv 2 missions with horde and secondary objectives that can't even shoot a dog off you and have the shittiest weapons because they are lv 5
Fucking pugs are the worst.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I like some kew 2s with pubs for contracts. 3s with normal pals and 4s with sickos.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pretty disappointed with Ogryn in tier 4+ runs. You basically have to use the shield if you want to contribute anything meaningful to the team, and man that gets super boring.

Grenade guns stop killing specials like snipers/trappers etc so even using those is bordering on pointless. Maybe you can get legendaries with enough damage to make that a thing again?

They also nerfed the shit out of the grenade launcher accuracy in the last day or two which I'm pretty salty about. They used to be fuckin railgun accurate with the initial projectile, but now it's like got a shotgun cone that the projectile will wobble through and it makes hitting anything at any distance impossible.

Hekotat

Heresy level with any modifier is insanity, we can crank out a normal 4 banger but shit gets insane with the ranged chewing through you like toilet paper.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty disappointed with Ogryn in tier 4+ runs. You basically have to use the shield if you want to contribute anything meaningful to the team, and man that gets super boring.

Grenade guns stop killing specials like snipers/trappers etc so even using those is bordering on pointless. Maybe you can get legendaries with enough damage to make that a thing again?

They also nerfed the shit out of the grenade launcher accuracy in the last day or two which I'm pretty salty about. They used to be fuckin railgun accurate with the initial projectile, but now it's like got a shotgun cone that the projectile will wobble through and it makes hitting anything at any distance impossible.
Along with them going live with a bunch of missing stuff, their balancing being weird as shit/bad until it gets good(and then until it gets bad again depending on your luck) is pretty consistent with what was going on with VT2 too. There was a running gag about Kerillian Waystalker nerfs in every patch for example, and technically they were for the most part warranted as that class was broken as shit at release and for months after that but it still sucked when every patch there was something new getting fucked. Meanwhile the buffs were inconsistent, sometimes making stuff broken for a little bit and then nerfing them back into uselessness soon after(Kerillian Shade and a bunch of Sienna weapons had a lot of that). Eventually it settled in a pretty decent state though, it just takes a while, in the meantime some classes/weapons feel completely worthless and you have to relearn how to play due to forced changes every now and then, or they just fuck everything all at once by adding large mechanical changes(like when they added the whole stagger mechanic stuff to make melee "better").

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Zealot feels like it was a class that was good at some point during closed testing and got nerfed down to the basement but nothing was changed to compensate for the nerfing. I.e., I have an ability that cheats death every 90s but puts me at 1hp yet toughness has an innate 10% bleed through at 100% so a single hit after 5 seconds still downs me. I have no way of recovering any hp without cheesing 1 specific rolled dagger combo.

The tooltips on all of my stuff are also just wrong since they were nerfed heavily but never adjusted.

1669742347399.png

What in the sweet fuck does this even mean? What is the first fucking period doing in this abomination of a description?

1669742406468.png

It's actually 50 missing health, so good luck ever having this useless damage amp active or "proc'ing" it since you cannot actually self heal. So it triggers usually all in a lump after you lose your toughness and then never again.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You gotta definitely play different for 4+ and hug cover. It's not just the damage but the old "chain gun cha cha" that getting rapidly shot will make you do.

Zealot? That dagger shit is insanely strong.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You gotta definitely play different for 4+ and hug cover. It's not just the damage but the old "chain gun cha cha" that getting rapidly shot will make you do.

Zealot? That dagger shit is insanely strong.
Yes, but it's the only viable play style. And it's relying on an actually bugged interaction between the weapon, its attribute, and more bugged interactions with the rest of your abilities.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I think Ogryn carrying shields was always the plan. I find myself with shield in hand 75% of the time at 4+ runs.

I have two decent legendary launchers. They added an arch to the shot I think. I just aim above the monster most times now for my two shot kills.