Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Idk about later levels but shove, dodge and animation stop with blocking makes the low levels trivial. Its the fucking dogs, nets, etc. that fuck me over in PUGs.
If my group can stick together is always so much easier. It's always that one guy that runs off...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If my group can stick together is always so much easier. It's always that one guy that runs off...
I dont really have that problem when I play, surprisingly. Most of the time, the level doesnt let you get but so separated (imo). My problem is the 90% completion horde test event. Team mates will die to dumb shit like snipers out in the open, and with the horde on me - I cant aim down the line to kill them while also killing the horde, so they end up getting captured and then I might as well be soloing the shit. The game is really aggravating at that point, because the maps are so fucking long that if you fail it - the reward is so much less, that its disheartening to play.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hit me up when you guys are playing. I want to start on level 5 missions. Barely getting thru 4s 50% of the time with PUG's

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's amazing how just the tiny bit of story in VT2 goes such a long way. Their decision to ape DRG so heavily was a big mistake imo.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't play anything higher than Malice with pugs and even those we fail sometimes due to people running off. I usually look in the discords for people when I'm ready to do high level stuff.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Def need an ogryn for pugs imo, else hard for veterans to get out of melee instead of picking off snipers. Vets should get a fast hand weapon swap or something.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I dont really have that problem when I play, surprisingly. Most of the time, the level doesnt let you get but so separated (imo). My problem is the 90% completion horde test event. Team mates will die to dumb shit like snipers out in the open, and with the horde on me - I cant aim down the line to kill them while also killing the horde, so they end up getting captured and then I might as well be soloing the shit. The game is really aggravating at that point, because the maps are so fucking long that if you fail it - the reward is so much less, that its disheartening to play.
The maps are long if you are new to the map. Once you go through them a few times, you will pick on spawn points of hordes, specials, scriptures/grims, not to mention you can start to plan for the medistations.

A friend of mine and I dragged Hekotat Hekotat through 3s with collecting scripts/grims & having endless hordes in 27 minutes. Now that he is levelled & experienced we are dragging alts through the same levels same stipulations in 20-22 minutes.

• 1Like

Caliane

Def need an ogryn for pugs imo, else hard for veterans to get out of melee instead of picking off snipers. Vets should get a fast hand weapon swap or something.
if you have a psyker, stick near them. assuming they aren't stupid. they are cc machines, not dps as you might expect.
I think I mentioned it, but psykers force sword is stupid good. on push, its a large aoe pushback, then when doing the follow up counter attack, instead of damage, its an even larger pushback. Psyker can spam that shit to lockdown hordes, pick up fallen allies, etc. Their Ult, is ALSO a massive aoe pushback. (and top teir perk can enable to deal heavy burn damage). Which can knock mutants/dogs off people. boomers dont even get close ever.
Can get Deflection perk, enabling ranged and melee blocking, and stam cost reduction.

Most psykers are then going to use 1 of 3 staves.
lightning staff can hit 4 targets on charge, and stuns them. including elites and specials. again, can stop a mutant charge dead in its tracks. so, limited aoe, and range. but stunlock. again, boomers have no chance.
flame staff burns targets. stacking dps. suppresses hordes.
void staff fires a heavy damage piercing bolt. kills hordes outright.

Psyker also uses no ammo. all for you.
And, passive 10% damage buff to you.

Just go ahead and kill whatever the psyker is brainbursting. its not worth not kill securing it. The blue halo is techically not a targeting aide... but fuck it.

Zealot running a flammer would also have strong melee control to pair with.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Steam friend code: 10127451
Rick James GIF

Is there even a reward for killing a daemonhost?
A +1 to your weekly monstrous contract.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Caliane

Is there even a reward for killing a daemonhost?
achievements only atm.

ogryn with shields just shit on them. can tank it directly while everyone elses dps.

I've actually gotten a good number of kills on them now. If you aren't an ogryn you need to learn how to dodge. I remapped to ALT. their attack is pretty slow and telegraphed. circle strafe, and tap alt/space to dodge. Can do this for quite a while. its really only adds, or terrain that gets in the way.
Try not to run around too much. like you can abuse jumping off ramps, as well.. but, the more IT moves to chase you, the less your team can dps. the circle strafe'dodge, or ogryn shield, lets the party unload on it.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I can smoke both with the power sword, Take out the elites then focus on horde.

Caliane

I wonder what the deal with the "main story" is.
obviously theres lots of complaints... But I can't help but feel like I noticed something others don't mention.

Why does the PC stop talking? they obviously put alot of time and money into the voice acting. But for some reason our PC is silent after the VERY first "This is a mistake, I am a loyal servant of the throne". And not even just no voice. no lines at all. which is even more odd. I think it indicates the prologue and "trust level" nonsense was added pretty late in development. A previous story might have been ripped out and this put in.

edit" ok they do respond to zola with the knife pull. "I did". and, " I was dead anyway", at the end of the prologue.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not sure if they did a hotfix or it's some placebo. But the game is running smoother, and at a slightly higher FPS. I have had zero crashes the last couple days. That aside...

My biggest pet peeve with PUG's now is WILL YOUR DUMBASSES STOP FIGHTING FROM 50 FEET BEHIND ME AND STILL NOT KILLING THAT FUCKIN SNIPER WHILE I AM EATING/ CONTROLLING 4 FUCKIN ELITES IN THIS HORDE!!!

And kill the Trapper BEFORE you get my black ass outta the net! He's behind you BTW.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

checking Veteran Sharpshooter char creation.

3 personalities. The professional, The loose Cannon, and The Cutthroat.
Apparently, The Cutthroat requires Cadia homeworld backstory. Which is interesting.

female loose cannon also has a Scottish accent. the personalities themselves are fairly descriptive.
professional is professional, loose cannon is more of a rogue, will suggest stealing, insubordination, etc. Cutthroat is a survivor, and paranoid. I've not seen one bring up Cadia in play. But there must be some cool Cadia Stands! warcries that come up.

Creating a Cadian, I also see Cadia homeworld also does have unique eye colors. Cadian Purple eyes.

Did anyone notice any other unique homeworld additions?