Warhammer 40k: Darktide

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just be sure you're the one to wake it up/aggro it. It generally attacks whoever damages it first and will never stop until they are dead.

Caliane

yeah. theres several stages of waking up a deamonhost, which confuses people.

getting close or shooting it once, will alert it, causing the demon to possess the host. but not actually aggro yet.
After its awake and hovering, THEN being too close or shooting it will aggro it, causing it to target 1 player who aggroed it, till they die. Then it will target another until they die.
Then it will despawn.

so, even if its blocking the path, technically I think you can just have your entire party run by at once, and be fine. (of course, I've never had a pug actually do that..) Or alternatively, as noted, if you have any skill with dodging, its pretty easy to just kill.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah. theres several stages of waking up a deamonhost, which confuses people.

getting close or shooting it once, will alert it, causing the demon to possess the host. but not actually aggro yet.
After its awake and hovering, THEN being too close or shooting it will aggro it, causing it to target 1 player who aggroed it, till they die. Then it will target another until they die.
Then it will despawn.

so, even if its blocking the path, technically I think you can just have your entire party run by at once, and be fine. (of course, I've never had a pug actually do that..) Or alternatively, as noted, if you have any skill with dodging, its pretty easy to just kill.
on lower difficulties it despawns after a single kill, which ironically makes it harder to kill on lower difficulties.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Would you still get credit for the Abomination weekly contract if the Daemonspawn just despawn? I'm guessing no.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if they did a hotfix or it's some placebo. But the game is running smoother, and at a slightly higher FPS. I have had zero crashes the last couple days. That aside...

My biggest pet peeve with PUG's now is WILL YOUR DUMBASSES STOP FIGHTING FROM 50 FEET BEHIND ME AND STILL NOT KILLING THAT FUCKIN SNIPER WHILE I AM EATING/ CONTROLLING 4 FUCKIN ELITES IN THIS HORDE!!!

And kill the Trapper BEFORE you get my black ass outta the net! He's behind you BTW.
Did you happen to update to the latest nVidia drivers in the past few days? I did last night, then looked at GeForce Experience for Darktide and noticed that GFE was showing different "current" ingame settings than what I had set. Ingame I showed 1440p, but GFE was showing 1080p.. odd. So I let GFE set the game to Optimal and loaded it up. Looked a lot different and played smoothly, maybe a little dip here and there, but considering how well it looked vs before letting GFE make changes, I'll take it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Did you happen to update to the latest nVidia drivers in the past few days? I did last night, then looked at GeForce Experience for Darktide and noticed that GFE was showing different "current" ingame settings than what I had set. Ingame I showed 1440p, but GFE was showing 1080p.. odd. So I let GFE set the game to Optimal and loaded it up. Looked a lot different and played smoothly, maybe a little dip here and there, but considering how well it looked vs before letting GFE make changes, I'll take it.

I re-installed Windows. (Been over a year) That's must be it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whatever the last update did (or Nvidias?) has me just stuck loading forever. Left it alone thinking it was something that would preload textures and after the first load would be super quick afterwards... and it never materialized. So I went on a trip of hard stopping the program after 30 minutes to only keep on ending in the same spot. My old media PC just doesnt load the game anymore. Its just stuck cycling and never gets the character select screen. I said fuck it and tried to load it on my big boy PC and.. it still crashes at launch.

I want to give this company money.. its Warhammer and Im a huge nerd for that shit. It takes a literal fuck ton of aggravation to get me pissed but this game has got me there. Especially after investing several hours getting all the levels I got. So fucking infuriating when I have two fucking PC's entirely different in specs, where one I threw money at, still cant fucking load it. Fuck this game.

Congrats to all you fucks that can play it. Games not even that great and Im jealous.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Games not even that great

The Office Lie GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hell there's tons of shit that im just like 'wut'. I don't even know what exactly soul-blaze does (its a DoT right?) and I play a goddamn psyker.

Also seems like most buff timers need anywhere from a 25-100% increase.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Whatever the last update did (or Nvidias?) has me just stuck loading forever. Left it alone thinking it was something that would preload textures and after the first load would be super quick afterwards... and it never materialized. So I went on a trip of hard stopping the program after 30 minutes to only keep on ending in the same spot. My old media PC just doesnt load the game anymore. Its just stuck cycling and never gets the character select screen. I said fuck it and tried to load it on my big boy PC and.. it still crashes at launch.

I want to give this company money.. its Warhammer and Im a huge nerd for that shit. It takes a literal fuck ton of aggravation to get me pissed but this game has got me there. Especially after investing several hours getting all the levels I got. So fucking infuriating when I have two fucking PC's entirely different in specs, where one I threw money at, still cant fucking load it. Fuck this game.

Congrats to all you fucks that can play it. Games not even that great and Im jealous.
Same. I'll come back when it's not a big ridden pile. So annoying.

Caliane

What does it mean to ignore enemy hit mass?
Enemies have mass.
Lets say a unarmored zombie has 100mass, while a Mauler has 400, and a Plague ogre has 800.

your attacks then have cleave damage, cleave target, and cleave value. Cleave damage is how much damage is carried over from hit to hit to hit. (first target is the opposite. first target causes more damage to the initial target) cleave targets then enables more targets to get it.
enemy mass reduces the amount of targets you can hit.

so like, lets say your weapon has 500 power. it'd would cleave through 5 zombies. or 1 mauler and 1 zombie. but stop on hit to the plague ogre.

ignore enemy hit mass means, it cleaves right through to its full cleave target value, ignoring enemy mass.

• 1Like

Caliane

I saw a reddit post on being able to change characters personality, to experience the other voice acting, etc. And it occurs to me, the current system is a missed opportunity. to the point I wonder if it was changed at some point.

Canonically, Damnation t5 is probably the canon. So, any before that is more gameplay, not "reality". Second, every time you die. you die, and a new recruit takes your place. you aren't being knocked out, and captured. you die. and a different Operative is found and takes your place.

honestly, the game would be really cool if they leaned into that. Have RNG characters/names/personality... when they die. A new RNG character is spawned, and you play as that one, till it dies. (not class you pick the class. and gear is not reset. gear is just passed along to the new body)

It'd really set the atmosphere and meat grinder of it. Also, let you experience the different personalities more. I wonder if it wasn't originally like that. If that is why the backstories exist, and why there is so much customization. A pool for RNG player characters to all look unique, and have backstories to read... before they die and are replaced by new recruits.

• 1Like