Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I saw someone on reddit that said something interesting about that, in the first video there were a bunch of guardmen because the other chars weren't ready to be revealed, so it's quite possible that one of the 2 current guardsman-likes is a placeholder for another character(or they could add a 5th one too).

Left4Dead in the Warhammer universe? If that's what this is it should be a license to print money.
Well it's more like Vermintide in 40k. You can see a fair amount of focus on meleeing in the new video, which is in line with Vermintide gameplay and is a much bigger focus than in L4D. But yeah otherwise similar games.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Left4Dead in the Warhammer universe? If that's what this is it should be a license to print money.

This comment leads me to believe that you missed Vermintide. Check out the Vermintide 2 ASAP. You can skip 1 I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

heres Arches thoughts on it.

mine. nurgle again?

How are the classes going to work? first thoughts, were 2 gaurdsmen.. seems kindof.. samey..
Vermintide had classes, cant really do that here? so, is it just going to be loadouts?
wonder if the characters themselves will be fully swapped out. like, 20 characters, and pick 4. versus 5 characters, pick 4, and have different "classes for those 5.

This going to have heavier emphasis on guns?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nurgle is the safe chaos god. Slaanesh is nsfw, Tzeentch requires too much work, and Khorne is too narrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Your skull is too narrow...for the skull throne.
Yeah but khorne means you can't used ranged mobs or chaos sorcerers because that's pussy shit.

Tzeentch you need to do some expose retardation as to why it's all part of the great plot or something. Nurgle is just the joy of spreading the Fathers Gifts. He was always my favorite chaos God anyway.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah but khorne means you can't used ranged mobs or chaos sorcerers because that's pussy shit.

Tzeentch you need to do some expose retardation as to why it's all part of the great plot or something. Nurgle is just the joy of spreading the Fathers Gifts. He was always my favorite chaos God anyway.

Blasphemy shall be met with punishment.

My Master demands it.

NSFW indeed.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tzeentch also probably shits out particles all over the screen, while Nurgle you can get away with just fancy textures and such.

I'm curious what they're gonna do with "classes" though, a large part of the fun of Vermintide is the various classes which change several major aspects of each of the characters. I guess the lore can be bended a bit and using specific gear they might emulate classes(like heavier armor + chainsaw + pistol vs light armor+lasgun or something). Hopefully there's gonna be a Psyker of some sort too.

• 1Like

Caliane

I guess with "horde shooter" we need to consider hordes too. like, if you are using 40k, I want xenos... but, what Xenos will "horde". Orks, tyranids, chaos, IG themselves basically.. Maybe eldar/dark eldar?
would love to kill some space communists, but they do not horde. And some of the others that could horde in theory... would be well beyond that scope of some Guardsmen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This kind of game is ideal for the space hulk environment. The other 40k, but shittier, horde game had you fighting genestealers. Nids would have been cool but I guess we get traitor guardsmen Nurgle followers.

Caliane

yeah, Space hulks certainly occurred to me as well. and I'm sure them. Although, is this the first time we've even seen a Hive city in games? I'm pretty ok with that, due to that.

I wonder if an undergang member will be a character reveal? Previous are all wearing Inquisition markings.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Part of me wants to say that it's no coincidence there's a Nurgle theme, with the Death Guard codex previewing now, in preparation for an early 2021 release...

But I can't give GW that much credit. Not even close.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The left for dead part where you control the random special monsters was hinted at for VT2. Maybe find it's way in here.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Delays are OK as long as it means the game is built correctly.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users