Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Not bad but not great from a very initial perspective.

1. For me the levels are too long. They should be like 2/3 length. Missions drag especially if...
2. You are playing with a PUG. They need to increase the amount of ammo you get. If they aren't going to enforce how many of the same character play the same level they need to increase ammo.
3. Performance doesn't feel great to me. It is kinda sluggish. Crashed a few times too.
4. Not enough Stamina. They need to reduce the STA drain on run. Its no fun rushing over to a fight and then not having enough STA when you get there; or rushing trying to keep up with teammates and encountering the same issue. Partly a PUG problem too.

I'd give it a 7/10. But I mean I love 40K so I'm going to play this a ton and hope it gets better when I convince some friends to play also. Or else bot with me and my murderous online teenage son.

** Edit: Upon reflection, I think what's bothering me about the game is that it seems to be tuned to be less fun than it could be. Want to shoot at things? Limited ammo. Want to bash things? Limited stamina. Like, I can understand that being the case at Level 4+ as a kind of challenge modifier, but why not just let people run around berserk and have as much fun as possible Levels 1-3. That's how I remember Vermintide - just having a blast until gradually it became necessary to do things more efficiently. This game seems very finger-pointy: don't do this too much; don't do that too much...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Whomever suggested checking your number of "Worker Threads" in the launcher settings thank you! I haven't had any crashes since dialing it down by 1.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

1669848466043.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 8 users

Caliane

Not bad but not great from a very initial perspective.

1. For me the levels are too long. They should be like 2/3 length. Missions drag especially if...
2. You are playing with a PUG. They need to increase the amount of ammo you get. If they aren't going to enforce how many of the same character play the same level they need to increase ammo.
3. Performance doesn't feel great to me. It is kinda sluggish. Crashed a few times too.
4. Not enough Stamina. They need to reduce the STA drain on run. Its no fun rushing over to a fight and then not having enough STA when you get there; or rushing trying to keep up with teammates and encountering the same issue. Partly a PUG problem too.

I'd give it a 7/10. But I mean I love 40K so I'm going to play this a ton and hope it gets better when I convince some friends to play also. Or else bot with me and my murderous online teenage son.

** Edit: Upon reflection, I think what's bothering me about the game is that it seems to be tuned to be less fun than it could be. Want to shoot at things? Limited ammo. Want to bash things? Limited stamina. Like, I can understand that being the case at Level 4+ as a kind of challenge modifier, but why not just let people run around berserk and have as much fun as possible Levels 1-3. That's how I remember Vermintide - just having a blast until gradually it became necessary to do things more efficiently. This game seems very finger-pointy: don't do this too much; don't do that too much...
My initial thoughts are also a hell of alot more "where the hell am I supposed to be going?" in this one. Vermintide 2 was also not a linear hallway, with some branching paths, etc. but man this. where the fuck am I? at any given moment is real.
Probably intentional. hive city. But man, maybe like some kindof premission map briefing? give the players a map at the start, that they will have to try and remember as they go.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The maps are ultimately very linear with no real off beaten paths.

Playing Pysker and Zealot, you can just look at the perks and see that what you have now is clearly a flattened down version of something that was actually impactful in the past before being completely nerfed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They increased the amount of enemy ogryn you have to bull rush in one charge to 6 lmao. I've never seen 6 enemy ogryn in one place even on max difficulty

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still crashes on startup on my gaming PC. Works fine on my ancient ass media pc (not shocked).

Hekotat

Shitters came out in full force right at 5pm CST. People just running off alone dying constantly, not covering angles just letting you handle what you're attacking, it's wild.

Any new players here, if you split off the computer will send shit your way to punish you, like elites and specials. Stick together or die.

Daidraco

Shitters came out in full force right at 5pm CST. People just running off alone dying constantly, not covering angles just letting you handle what you're attacking, it's wild.

Any new players here, if you split off the computer will send shit your way to punish you, like elites and specials. Stick together or die.
Dont you gain corruption? or regen your fortitude or w/e slower if you arent with your teammates? You're forced, or at least I think you are, to do the mission that explains that.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Performance has taken such a shit for my after the patch today holy shit.

I can't even play some maps because it constantly tanks to like 15fps and I can barely even see what is happening.

Hekotat

Dont you gain corruption? or regen your fortitude or w/e slower if you arent with your teammates? You're forced, or at least I think you are, to do the mission that explains that.
That but the elite/special spawn was my main point.

ronne ronne , check your graphics setting, it reset all my stuff to highest quality.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Which is lame when you need to get those grimoires and other shit. They need to rethink that.

• 1Solidarity

Shmoopy

Beta did't crash, but got disconnects like once a match. Release cannot get through a match without crashing multiple times.

Some real weird bugs. Like wtf could your game possibly be doing to disconnect or reboot the entire USB system of a machine? Wouldn't be surprised if it was EAC.