Warhammer 40k

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Hero quest reprint?
View attachment 305603
Tell me more.

There is some discussion in the general board game and kickstarter threads.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Figure out what time your local shop has games and go observe how the game works, it's definitely not for everyone.

Ps. Don't spill the Nulin oil

• 1Like

Vhars

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any knowledge/tips for someone looking at maybe getting into 40k?

Whatever you do don't go buying your whole army at once, buy a squad or two and get them together and painted before you buy more stuff that may possibly stay grey and/or unassembled forever.

I should follow my own advice, but I don't...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vhars

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the boxed sets like Dark Imperium and Indomitus are good places to start if you're in a hurry to get playing with friends or something.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Figure out what time your local shop has games and go observe how the game works, it's definitely not for everyone.

Ps. Don't spill the Nulin oil
This, also use some TTS as mentioned before. My tip is look at places like bartertown for deals when you are ready to buy. A minimum army for basically any miniatures game is like 300 bucks, you can usually find one used but in good condition for 100 to 150.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
You might want to look at Kill Team to get your feet wet. Plays faster, less complicated than a full army game and can try out lots of different factions with pretty much any $40-$50 box like the 10 pack Rubric Marines or a mix up of some $10 Cadian soldiers and $20 commanders and if you dig it can expand the one you like into a full army.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have also recently started collecting since the start of 9th. Taking my sweet ass time painting them all, as I have no friends locally to play with and Covid has all the LGS games shut down until further notice. I have been into 40k since Dawn of War back in 2004 (and I used to read some of the better Black Library Series). I guess I am looking into this as my dad hobby now that I am a bit older.

I am going Craftworld Eldar and have a little under a 1,000 points so far. Going to hold out on buying more to give me time to paint. And I am naively hoping that the first Xenos Codex of 2021 will be Craftworld.... and that they actually decide to go ahead and update all of the goddamn Finecast Models that the Eldar are still burdened with. Aspect Warriors are thematically cool, but most of them suck and their models are ancient, so not touching any of them.

I really hope GW gives some of the other Xenos races the Necrons treatment, with a huge range refresh. Tyranids and Craftworld at the very minimum could use it. And I know that stuff like the Tau Auxiliary races are from the early 2000s. They sure as fuck have the money now with the huge revenue influx they received over the course of 8th edition.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have also recently started collecting since the start of 9th. Taking my sweet ass time painting them all, as I have no friends locally to play with and Covid has all the LGS games shut down until further notice. I have been into 40k since Dawn of War back in 2004 (and I used to read some of the better Black Library Series). I guess I am looking into this as my dad hobby now that I am a bit older.

I am going Craftworld Eldar and have a little under a 1,000 points so far. Going to hold out on buying more to give me time to paint. And I am naively hoping that the first Xenos Codex of 2021 will be Craftworld.... and that they actually decide to go ahead and update all of the goddamn Finecast Models that the Eldar are still burdened with. Aspect Warriors are thematically cool, but most of them suck and their models are ancient, so not touching any of them.

I really hope GW gives some of the other Xenos races the Necrons treatment, with a huge range refresh. Tyranids and Craftworld at the very minimum could use it. And I know that stuff like the Tau Auxiliary races are from the early 2000s. They sure as fuck have the money now with the huge revenue influx they received over the course of 8th edition.
Is it not Aaeldari now? Since they can't copyright Eldar.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
It is, and the name and their reasoning for changing it is stupid. And thus I refuse to use it.
This is also why everything in Age of Sigmar (despite being exceptionally high quality models) all have stupid GW copywritten names.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
New Battleforces for 40k/AOS should also be announced in November right? And they're generally decent boxed-army deals?

• 1Solidarity

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys know if they ever made a plastic Tyranid Lictor or is it a choice between oop pewter models or shitcast?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tyranids will get their range refresh, unfortunately it will be when GW decides to end-times the 40k universe by having the Main Fleet arrive :)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Woot.

20201011_154841.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users