Warhammer 40k

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New models look pretty solid. Not sold on the war of the world's Necrons but the other stuff looks cool.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just read his wiki. Are there any daemon primarchs who are not just misunderstood by god daddy and are actually taking chaos down from the inside?

Pretty sure that there is zero fucking way whichever one of the twins didn't get killed by Guilliman hasn't fully succumbed to chaos corruption by now.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GW will write whatever it takes to sell more product and that definitely includes all the Primarchs coming back or "lul, they weren't really dead in the first place".

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"The Khan got lost for 13,000 years"
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no GPS.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"The Khan got lost for 13,000 years"
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no GPS.

Wait is this a real thing? Are they actually bringing more Primarchs back? Because at least the idea that Guilliman was still alive inside his stasis field was an established part of the lore.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys think that's great, wait until you read Saturnine. Primarch creation and Emp losing them gets totally retconed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys think that's great, wait until you read Saturnine. Primarch creation and Emp losing them gets totally retconed.

0f33404e614ffad772cb4abbaeadc5ef.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait is this a real thing? Are they actually bringing more Primarchs back? Because at least the idea that Guilliman was still alive inside his stasis field was an established part of the lore.
Multiple Primarchs are unlikely to be dead (or have had the groundwork laid for coming back from the dead). The Khan is Lost, Vulkan is an Eternal, Corvus took a one way ticket towards the Warp, Russ they found his armor discarded but not him (Inb4 he turned into a furry), people have been seeing visions/being-visited-by-the-spirit of Sanguinius (who the Silent King apparently hung out with at some point). They'll probably bring back a Loyalist Primarch and a Chaos Primarch each edition for a while as "omg big event" ezmode. I assume they want to book up Emperor's Children and World Eaters so that the four chaos-god-affiliated Traitor factions are full armies at some point, and both of their primarchs are still alive and kicking.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Multiple Primarchs are unlikely to be dead (or have had the groundwork laid for coming back from the dead). The Khan is Lost, Vulkan is an Eternal, Corvus took a one way ticket towards the Warp, Russ they found his armor discarded but not him (Inb4 he turned into a furry), people have been seeing visions/being-visited-by-the-spirit of Sanguinius (who the Silent King apparently hung out with at some point). They'll probably bring back a Loyalist Primarch and a Chaos Primarch each edition for a while as "omg big event" ezmode. I assume they want to book up Emperor's Children and World Eaters so that the four chaos-god-affiliated Traitor factions are full armies at some point, and both of their primarchs are still alive and kicking.

Khan was lost into the warp, but I suppose if some random Grey Knight captain can survive there for a thousand years, a Primarch could survive for ten thousand.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, it doesn't have to be particularly plausible, just an easy source of "hype reveals/reversals" to be tapped into over the next decade as needed for sales. They're trying to amp up the various threats to the empire, so it makes sense that they'll predictably deliver new shit to bail the empire out in its darkest moment ad nauseam.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
qod7pe1zwo451.jpg

I like what the internet has done with the combat ATV. If I had any photshop skills only change I'd make is use Double Dash instead of 8.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was very meh about the necrons, but some of them look pretty awesome. I'm def getting the box.

0wZd9R0UsD4joL8k.jpg
Tg24Qtk3WJ8fkF8z.jpg
tM0K9r6Nvb8Sm7Xs.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I kinda wanted to get back in, but when I see people saying this box will be like 300--350.... Even though that represents a big savings I think it's also a fresh reminder how hideously expensive it is. Like for a full army and the paints etc, you can buy so much in order hobbies.

So still think maybe if I have spare cash I might just buy a few pre painted models I like off ebay for a shelf and call it a day.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I really like the building/painting/customising models and armies.

The cost is a huge issue, true. If it was less expensive I'd probably just paint for fun.

The thing that killed it for me is having to walk into a shop and talk to random people for a game, I have some social anxiety so it's a nightmare scenario for me.

Doing it in a small town games workshop was OK but when I moved to a city the larger store didn't give a shit about helping you get started, so I didn't.

MTG was much better because the tournament structure forces you to interact with specific people. Psychologically for me, having a reason to talk to someone removes my anxiety.

The entire attitude behind Warhammer is really anti competitive too, you are playing a game about an ultra violent apocalypse dystopia designed by cucks and simps.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are events for 40k as well.

A lot of people I have met have varying social anxiety issues. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the hobby. Most cities and areas have Facebook groups that allow you to find games pretty easy.

There's also a decent add on for Tabletop Simulator that some friends of mine use all the time.

Not sure what city you are in but I have buddies in NYC, Boston, San Diego and Des Moines who are good opponents who play, if you are around there shoot me a PM and I can get you their email addresses so you have an opponent!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really hoping the Crusade thing is popular next edition, seems like a good way to organically grow a collection without feeling like you "have to" sprint to a full "2000 point army plus another 1000 points of specialty units to swap in as needed."

Ironically, as with all things involving money, the more money you're willing to throw at it at once the less the game costs in total. If you can throw $500-750 at ebay in a big chunk you can generally get 3000+ points of most armies, vs a much worse ratio buying things individually.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I kinda wanted to get back in, but when I see people saying this box will be like 300--350.... Even though that represents a big savings I think it's also a fresh reminder how hideously expensive it is. Like for a full army and the paints etc, you can buy so much in order hobbies.

So still think maybe if I have spare cash I might just buy a few pre painted models I like off ebay for a shelf and call it a day.

$300-$350 sounds insane if they hope to attract new people but I wouldn't put it past GW to kill their own momentum from the past few years.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
$300-$350 sounds insane if they hope to attract new people but I wouldn't put it past GW to kill their own momentum from the past few years.
Allegedly there's a different started box coming and this is aimed at vets. It has new rules but not like a babies first steps instructions.