Warhammer 40k

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Ok, I think I’m going to start with The Salamanders. They seem to be the type of army I would like to run. I’ll be piecing something together from here:

Am I doing this right?

View attachment 455283View attachment 455284
Plus a MarkIII set.

Dont know if it changed, but the stuff on Forgeworld is resin which is much harder to work with. In which case it is not the best to start with Forgeworld stuff when new. Just get normal marines and paint them Salamander colors id say.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, resin clings to moulds, so they have to put a release agent on the mould to help them get the resin out, and that agent is toxic if inhaled. Means you need to give your resin sprues a short bath in some warm soapy water and a quick once over scrub with an old toothbrush, before you start any cutting/mould-line cleaning.

Resin weapons also tend to have erectile disfunction, so may want to straighten them out while they're warm from the bath

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Forgeworld is also expensive, granted the plastic pieces arent that low of a cost either, but between the two of the FW is pricey.

Save those bucks for something you really really want that is gonna stand out. Like a Primarch.

1674744936846.png

1674744999775.png

• 1Like

Brad2770

Also pick a chapter without a fucking gay ass ruined primarch imo.
I liked that the Salamanders actually stood up for the little guy. Is their prime arch a fucking gay ass ruined prime arch?!

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Salamanders actually fucking own as a table top army from a gaming perspective

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked that the Salamanders actually stood up for the little guy. Is their prime arch a fucking gay ass ruined prime arch?!
oh god please tell me that 'prime arch' was your phone autocorrecting. and yes, they retconned Vulkan into a perpetual during the Horus Heresy novels. Perpetuals are one of the fucking dumbest most eye-rolling cringe-inducing things GW has ever come up with.

Everything else about the Salamanders is pretty cool though.

• 1Like

Brad2770

oh god please tell me that 'prime arch' was your phone autocorrecting. and yes, they retconned Vulkan into a perpetual during the Horus Heresy novels. Perpetuals are one of the fucking dumbest most eye-rolling cringe-inducing things GW has ever come up with.

Everything else about the Salamanders is pretty cool though.
Yes, my phone autocorrected. Just like it autocorrects some into “sone” for some strange ass reason.

I’m going to order the Primarch and some jump packs. I’m thinking the jump packs would be good for a close range group? With what I linked above and these two other additions, is that a good start?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Salamanders are bad ass and since 98 one of the scariest armies to play. They use fire and use it well.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m going to order the Primarch and some jump packs. I’m thinking the jump packs would be good for a close range group? With what I linked above and these two other additions, is that a good start?
Hell if I know, I haven't played in 15+ years at this point. I love the setting but when it comes to the actual game there is nothing inside me but bitterness and hate.

Brad2770

I ended up buying them and the Primarch.

28BB5EE3-0AF4-4AF5-A372-A509D84CEF6F.png

E50DC9D3-365B-4339-BFA3-A5549ED0AFCC.png

I’m noticing when I thumb through the space marines section, most of the vehicles are blue with the omega symbol. I’m assuming that all of the different factions have access to this same equipment, just painted up to match their faction. I’m definitely going to get some vehicles. I’ll be one of the retards that will buy a Titan. I want one.

im actually selling my PS5 to fund this. Getting tired of video games and want to have real human interaction again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

View attachment 455346
View attachment 455347

I’m noticing when I thumb through the space marines section, most of the vehicles are blue with the omega symbol. I’m assuming that all of the different factions have access to this same equipment, just painted up to match their faction. I’m definitely going to get some vehicles. I’ll be one of the retards that will buy a Titan. I want one.

im actually selling my PS5 to fund this. Getting tired of video games and want to have real human interaction again.
Yeah, the Ultramarines (Blue/Gold/White, Roman themes) are the default paint scheme for all the general use space marine options.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

View attachment 455346
View attachment 455347

Becareful that these upgrades are usable for 40k. They might be Horus Heresy specific upgrades.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

W
Becareful that these upgrades are usable for 40k. They might be Horus Heresy specific upgrades.
Vulkan is immortal pretty much. I hope not. Paid $120 for that fool.

Good to know there are only period specific pieces.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only total asshole spergs at tournaments are going to care if the models are 30k or 40k.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Once upon a time in the lore, salamanders were one of the only people capable of building new terminator armor, as well as some melta technology. Thematically them, the iron hands, and the iron warriors were the smiths

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users