Warhammer 40k

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Once upon a time in the lore, salamanders were one of the only people capable of building new terminator armor, as well as some melta technology. Thematically them, the iron hands, and the iron warriors were the smiths

I remember watching them crush it at a tournament a few years back with nothing but meltas and flamers. It was awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

I remember watching them crush it at a tournament a few years back with nothing but meltas and flamers. It was awesome.
I might have to suck it up and at least buy the Meltas and Heavy Flamers from Forge World. This is getting me real hyped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I might have to suck it up and at least buy the Meltas and Heavy Flamers from Forge World. This is getting me real hyped.
Yeah I wish a lot of us lived closer. I know this is tough but just buy small. I’m sitting here swimming in a pile of shame trying to turn it into a mountain of hope.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
1674833197581.png

1674833207492.png

1674833215573.png

1674833228813.png

judge restore GIF

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I just correctly tell myself golf is more expensive than a 2k army with a side board. Made the points drop buys last night.

• 1Like

Brad2770

I caved. I bought the rest of what I wanted. I’ll hold off on new purchases until everything is assembled and painted and I have a few gaming sessions under my belt, but I feel I have a pretty good start now.
47B1D4C1-4571-49A0-B5BB-2F03466B4A41.png

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I ever get these Desolators I'm going to have to make sure to hide their feet behind logs or in mud out of respect for their inspiration

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Brad2770

Thinking about adding these guys for sone long range to my Salamander army. Suggestions?

I’ll also be painting everything by hand. At least to start. I want to take my time for the detail. I also don’t want to have them all painted in a month or two. I’m hoping to make this project last a year on a $1k budget. It’s actually pretty cheap considering other things I blow my money on.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Played 40k for the 1st time today. It was an introduction 750 point game, no 2ndaries or strategems. We agreed that we can kit out our warlords and since I was custodes, I tried to employ my katahs, but failed miserably in selecting the right ones and order them correctly.

20230204_121537.jpg

20230204_130042.jpg

I won. Got tabled but I won.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good work! I wouldn't feel bad about winning while being tabled, that's some factions entire game plan!

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Winning by being tabled?
Scoring enough points, and denying enough enemy points, in the first half of the game such that your opponent can't catch up even if he kills your entire army. Ork armies currently rely on this since they are too fragile to survive five rounds, so their game plan involves moving fast or forward deploying units next to the enemy deployment zone as early as possible, locking the opponent into their deployment zone and denying them the opportunity to take midfield objectives. The first wave of Orks die easily, but next turn a second wave runs in, then third turn a third wave runs in. So after third turn you've killed 95% of the Ork army, but you've also scored basically no points and have two turns to catch up

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scoring enough points, and denying enough enemy points, in the first half of the game such that your opponent can't catch up even if he kills your entire army. Ork armies currently rely on this since they are too fragile to survive five rounds, so their game plan involves moving fast or forward deploying units next to the enemy deployment zone as early as possible, locking the opponent into their deployment zone and denying them the opportunity to take midfield objectives. The first wave of Orks die easily, but next turn a second wave runs in, then third turn a third wave runs in. So after third turn you've killed 95% of the Ork army, but you've also scored basically no points and have two turns to catch up

I guess you need something like that for tournaments. But, when we played as kids/teens, that would have seemed boring. We always just played until one side was wiped out or conceded.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Muurloen

I guess you need something like that for tournaments. But, when we played as kids/teens, that would have seemed boring. We always just played until one side was wiped out or conceded.
The introductory game going on next to me was playing that way, 0 objectives (both primary & secondary), stratagems, and I think they didnt even use CP for rerolls. It was basically kill them all and let the God Emperor sort them out. Black Templars vs Tau.

They started roughly the same time my game got going, but were still slugging it out after 3 hours.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The introductory game going on next to me was playing that way, 0 objectives (both primary & secondary), stratagems, and I think they didnt even use CP for rerolls. It was basically kill them all and let the God Emperor sort them out. Black Templars vs Tau.

They started roughly the same time my game got going, but were still slugging it out after 3 hours.
Those games are some of my favorite’s.

• 2Like

Brad2770

It’s been a long time since I have been this excited about something. I used to play D&D and have considered getting in on sone online campaigns, but the imagination only stuff just wasn’t for me anymore. Never expected I would be interested in Warhammer, but here I am. Not looking forward to assembling the figures, but I am looking forward to painting them.

I get pretty hyped seeing you guys talking about games you have played.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It’s been a long time since I have been this excited about something. I used to play D&D and have considered getting in on sone online campaigns, but the imagination only stuff just wasn’t for me anymore. Never expected I would be interested in Warhammer, but here I am. Not looking forward to assembling the figures, but I am looking forward to painting them.

I get pretty hyped seeing you guys talking about games you have played.

sukik sukik wanted the imperial knights so I sold him my 2 Xmas box sets for what I paid instead of getting more on eBay. I rather them stay in the gaming group.

going to take money and get Angron and more World Eaters

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

sukik sukik wanted the imperial knights so I sold him my 2 Xmas box sets for what I paid instead of getting more on eBay. I rather them stay in the gaming group.

going to take money and get Angron and more World Eaters
The amount attacks from Angron is absolutely insane. Good fucking God.

• 1Like