Warhammer 40k

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Don't sweat it. I am new too and asking questions is apart of learning.

What I have found that has helped is getting the 9th edition codex (or refer to wahapedia) and getting battlescribe on your phone when building your army lists.

Battlescribe will tell you the errors you are making in keeping a list from being legal.

Example:
View attachment 458697
View attachment 458699View attachment 458700

And the official list maker says I still need to assign a psychic power to my librarian because of Tome of Malcador but I can't add another.

That being said, absolutely use it as a guide to catch out any oopses before buying shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
WH 40K application riddled with issues like that - It is okay but you could do the same things with Whapedia & Battlescribe

• 1Like

Brad2770

Don't sweat it. I am new too and asking questions is apart of learning.

What I have found that has helped is getting the 9th edition codex (or refer to wahapedia) and getting battlescribe on your phone when building your army lists.

Battlescribe will tell you the errors you are making in keeping a list from being legal.

Example:
View attachment 458697
View attachment 458699View attachment 458700
This is excellent.

I haven’t bought 9th edition because I’m not sure if I’ll be table ready before 10th comes out. I went overboard in my purchases.

I have :

30 Mark3 Tactical
20 Mark6 Tactical
10 Scouts with Sniper Rifles
The box set that has 27 Primaris and Adrax
Vulkan
Bray’Arth
2 Venerable Dreadnoughts
1 Leviathan Dreadnought
2 Tech Marines (picked up another)
1 Impulsor
1 Kratos Tank
about $100 in extra bits (mostly helmets and shoulders)

I’m also looking at another Horus Heresy troop transport tankCan’t remember the name, but I think it can carry 20 guys.

Im thinking I’ll be painted up and table ready around May or June. I hope.

• 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
NO, you did not go overboard, No such thing in this sport.
NOW, strategize these upgreyedd's! You need aftermarket bits, specifically from Spellcrow - They do TONS of salamanders, like an infuriating amount of Dragon Drip
Example: Salamander / Dragon walker upgrade

Kromlech is great too - Search
I like the prime bodies to +1/2 squads from leftover bits

• 1Like

Brad2770

NO, you did not go overboard, No such thing in this sport.
NOW, strategize these upgreyedd's! You need aftermarket bits, specifically from Spellcrow - They do TONS of salamanders, like an infuriating amount of Dragon Drip
Example: Salamander / Dragon walker upgrade

Kromlech is great too - Search
I like the prime bodies to +1/2 squads from leftover bits
I did. Bought some of the drake skin shoulders and tabards. I left the capes for the big guys/didn’t buy any capes. Going to use a tabard or two for loin cloths on the dreadnoughts. I also picked up a few of the dragon plates to add to the dreadnoughts.

I like the legionary bodies. I’ll pick up an order of each of those when I get back from out of town.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
This is excellent.

I haven’t bought 9th edition because I’m not sure if I’ll be table ready before 10th comes out. I went overboard in my purchases.

I have :

30 Mark3 Tactical
20 Mark6 Tactical
10 Scouts with Sniper Rifles
The box set that has 27 Primaris and Adrax
Vulkan
Bray’Arth
2 Venerable Dreadnoughts
1 Leviathan Dreadnought
2 Tech Marines (picked up another)
1 Impulsor
1 Kratos Tank
about $100 in extra bits (mostly helmets and shoulders)

I’m also looking at another Horus Heresy troop transport tankCan’t remember the name, but I think it can carry 20 guys.

Im thinking I’ll be painted up and table ready around May or June. I hope.
If you are going to play 40k, make sure that the transport from 30k carries over to 40K.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

If you are going to play 40k, make sure that the transport from 30k carries over to 40K.
It does. Just can’t carry Primaris, hence the one (so far) Impulsor.

Is there a good source for Sakamander ranks and markings?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Imulsor is OK - Repulsor does it better with more guns & +4 Primaris
Transporting SM units is a GotDamn mess lately - even Landraiders and the largest transports have dummy rules for Jump-pack and Primaris.
Don't forget about Dreadnought Drop pods = }

The GW Legion sheet is pretty great: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/salamanders-legion-transfer-sheet-2022
The Mighty brush used to have a Salamanders specific but they fluctuate offerings: Waterslide Transfers & Decals Archives
That'll be most of what you want/need

Last edited:
  • 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
For some reason my Mom kept my old Chaos army after I moved out. I think I assembled it when I was 14 or 15. 30 years ago. Next time I'm over there I should take a picture of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

Spartan Assault Tank. That’s what I was thinking of earlier. I ended up buying that and also a Repulsor.

I think the only other thing I’m looking at is sone Terminators.

• 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Nice, repulsor's gonna really help & Spartan is just a landraider of another shade so that'll be great.

Honestly, you might get more gas for a fourth dreadnought a Contemptor dreadnought seeing how you're going 30/40K - I just picked up a relic Iron Hands Contemptor.
There are two options for salamanders in Contemptors.
These just were announced, are plastic: https://www.warhammer-community.com...-with-contemptor-dreadnought-legion-upgrades/
Resin, which I expect to come back then be "last of": https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Salamanders-Legion-Contemptor-Dreadnought
Add the weapons kits, or get an "Ultimate Loadout" Contemptor if they ever stock. I have my shop looking out for that one for me.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Nice, repulsor's gonna really help & Spartan is just a landraider of another shade so that'll be great.

Honestly, you might get more gas for a fourth dreadnought a Contemptor dreadnought seeing how you're going 30/40K - I just picked up a relic Iron Hands Contemptor.
There are two options for salamanders in Contemptors.
These just were announced, are plastic: https://www.warhammer-community.com...-with-contemptor-dreadnought-legion-upgrades/
Resin, which I expect to come back then be "last of": https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Salamanders-Legion-Contemptor-Dreadnought
Add the weapons kits, or get an "Ultimate Loadout" Contemptor if they ever stock. I have my shop looking out for that one for me.

The dreadnoughts are actually what sold me on the game. I love the dreadnoughts and the lore behind them. A wounded soldier buried in a machine until he is truly dead. Only reason I don’t have a Contemptor is because I wanted a Salamander specific one. Wasn’t sure if it would be produced again. I hope they do. I’ll get two. If not, I’ll eventually buy a couple of the plastic ones. I think the Contemptors get a bonus to save vs psionics, unlike the others. Right?

• 2Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
I am unsure about bonus to save - I will let someone else confirm. The datasheets on Whapedia do not seem to mention so I would think not.
There will be salamanders specific plastic one soon - also, there's a dual Melta upgrade. Imma go Conversion beam for that NASTY Range damange.
Dreadnoughts sold me as well. I specifically plan on dropping a dreadnought drop pod and watching "OH GAWD" turn on ppl's faces

ALSO I am VERY Excited for Brutalist Dreadnought - will play well with my Redemptor Dread.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brad2770

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Tactical squads can have 1 flamer in a 5 man squad.

I would have suggested making one into a devastator squad, but alas they can't use flamers for some reason.

• 2Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Brad2770, Double-points if you free-hand paint a realistic angel on that FoH Kratos

• 1Like

Brad2770

Brad2770, Double-points if you free-hand paint a realistic angel on that FoH Kratos
I was going to make a stencil for the bird out of painters tape. I can do an Angel, but I guess I’m missing the meaning. If it’s meaningful, I’ll surely do it, though it will get sketched first, then painted.

I may name the Spartan Rerolled for two reasons- The Rerolled board and because Sallies can reroll 1’s.

Or I can freehand the Angel on the Spartan and name it Deliverance

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I wouldn't wanna go too custom on the plastics tbh

At a certain point you may as well be making up whatever you want and 3d printing everything

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And again, if you ever plan on playing competitively, the tournaments you would play in might not allow the custom units, especially 3rd party bits and prints.

• 3Like