Warhammer 40k

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
What am I supposed to be getting hyped about? Apparently it’s a big deal, but I’m still too new to understand what is going on.

Attachments

• 485504.jpg
    485504.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What am I supposed to be getting hyped about? Apparently it’s a big deal, but I’m still too new to understand what is going on.
It's a Loyalist Primarch returning.

This makes the 5th returning primarch (3 traitor, 2 loyalist) back to the setting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

I know the two loyalists. I had no idea that the traitors had gone. Besides Angron, who are the other two?

I saw a rumor there may be new fire based space marine models. Will we know tonight? I’m also hoping for despoiler upgrade kits. Maybe those too?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Mortarian (Death Guard)
Magnus (Thousand Sons)

Abaddon is still the best, despite not being a primarch. (Black Legion)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mortarian (Death Guard)
Magnus (Thousand Sons)

Abaddon is still the best, despite not being a primarch. (Black Legion)

You just called the worst character and most boring antagonist, the best? Que?

Muurloen

I like what I am hearing on the 10th edition reveal tonight.

As someone new to the game, I am glad I did not spend anytime learning much from 9th edition and stuck to keeping things light and easy to learn.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

I’m hoping I didn’t buy too much after hearing how they may handle certain HQ’s and “once per battle” abilities.

I have two tech marines for when I wanted to just run 5 or 6 dreads at once. That may not be as viable now. I also have 3 Captains (one with the heavy bolter). I guess I could always paint and sell if need be.

Muurloen Muurloen I also have not read much of 9th edition. I did buy one of the codex’s, but haven’t dug into it.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
About to look at the 10th stuff. But you could probably play 2 of the captains as lieutenants.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guard Waits Forever for 9th codex, gets it indexed away in six months. Would feel bad for them, but fuck kasrkin.

• 1Like

Muurloen

I’m hoping I didn’t buy too much after hearing how they may handle certain HQ’s and “once per battle” abilities.

I have two tech marines for when I wanted to just run 5 or 6 dreads at once. That may not be as viable now. I also have 3 Captains (one with the heavy bolter). I guess I could always paint and sell if need be.

Muurloen Muurloen I also have not read much of 9th edition. I did buy one of the codex’s, but haven’t dug into it.
The main thing that I focused on learning is how shooting/melee/saving rolls work. Its a lot different than Kill Team, as in KT there is nothing that reduces the number that you need to hit to save, but there are reductions in how many dice you get to throw, but in the main game you could have a 2+ save, but what wounds you has a -2 AP thus you need to hit 4+ to make the save.

And also the Katahs (space marines I believe call them Doctrines) for Custodes.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A new "greatest time of need" every week, lol. Beautiful model though. Will definitely get it.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
When the csm codex dropped, I thought Cypher would be in almost every list because of his CP shenanigans.
I wonder if he will be buffed in 10th with the Lion or with a CP change.
I should probably buy one….

Muurloen

20230324_192824.jpg

20230324_192815.jpg

Holy shit was this Boarding Actions game was intense. As Solar Watch Custodes, I was able to move up the board quickly and place a few pop shots on a squad of Beserkers for the 1st turn. I was able to get my blade champion up the field quickly on the left flank, got a hole bunch of doors open along the way and my SNB Guardians were able to follow in tow.

My opponent met my Blade Champion, Guardians, and my Allarus Terminatior that I deep striked in with Karn & Eightbound. He charged and attacked with Karn on my BC and like a chad, my BC saved all damage, I spend a couple CP so I could fight next with my Guardians into the Eightbound since they were going to be the next units to waylay into me. Out of 9 attacks, i rolled five 1s on my hit roll... with my wound roll only landing 2 wounds, which he saved one of the two and took 2 damage... yeah that fucking hurt. Those Eightbound waxed my Guardians with their 16 total attacks. I then deleted Karn with my blade champion (wounded with 5 out my 6 attacks, and 4 of them with through at 3 damage each), consolidated to get on capture point 4 and readied to slap the Eightbound on my turn.

I tried to shoot the Eightbound off of the board, but I bricked my shots, save one wound from my Wardens nicking for two damage, Allarus Terminator finishing off that one with a near point blank shot to the face with a grenade launcher. Near point blank charges were made all around, with my Blade Champion, but before I made my attacks, he spend a couple CP to be able to fight on death. My Blade champion chopped up (again wounded with 5 out my 6 attacks, and but this time landed all 5 at 3 damage each). He then chose on his fight on death to murder my Allarus, and then took out one of my Wardens. The sheer amount of attacks that World Eaters get in general is insane.

After that is just some easy moping up of his remaining beserkers, but he did play the fight on death strat again in our final fight in the final turn, he did kill my remaining Wardens and my Blade Champion ended up being the lone survivor.

Mother fucker certainly made up for being a doorman the whole game the last time I played as he took out atleast 9 of my opponents 13 units.

Fantastic match. Still highly recommend any new player that is coming into 40k to play boarding actions to cut your teeth and ready yourself for 10th edition.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I know the two loyalists. I had no idea that the traitors had gone.

It's a bit unequal, if you're talking lore, in that most of the chaos primarchs never really left. In the lore they just kind of fucked off to wherever for millennia (like sitting on some throne on a daemon world in the EoT)

For purposes of the game itself, then I guess the chaos primarchs were 'gone' as well because there had never been primarchs in the game before, and if I'm being honest I never thought they'd ever add them to the game.

Maybe I just underestimated how far GW was willing to go to milk the 40K whales.

I've missed the old 'troops centric' 40k for a long time now, and maybe it's not outright getting worse but it sure as shit seems like it is. And I didn't think that was possible. I liked when you built your squads first and then added support. Now troops are often just a fucking tax and people go straight for fielding large centerpiece models as the focus of their armies, while GW rolls in their money vault like Scrooge McDuck

Oh, you were talking tabletop? I meant lore.

Failbaddon is a turd they've been trying to polish for years and years now.

So not only does GW hate old players because they won't keep buying new armies and models forever, old players will also never let go of older versions of lore, game editions, etc. GW could push out an Abaddon with new (great) lore, OP rules and the best model ever, and the old players would complain about the cost of the model, how the lore is FoTM and say that they now don't want to take Abaddon because the rules are more OP than anything 3.5 Chaos had. (I know because that's where I land on the spectrum, LOL)

I have two tech marines for when I wanted to just run 5 or 6 dreads at once. That may not be as viable now.

Short of running Forge World models, was it even that viable before?

I love me some non-Ork Dread Mobs, and I've done that with Chaos in the past, but with all of the powerful anti-tank weapon spam I'd be really hesitant to take a bunch of dreads. Even with Armor of Contempt. And with that gone now...?

• 1Like