Warhammer 40k

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
^^^^

I'd really like to know how he gets that rusted effect on the metal. I've seen some cool painting techniques before, but that looks incredible.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got some time to finish my last few models, so will post them today then a group shot of my 2000 points.

Gulliman Invictus, Regent of the Imperium:
20240406_173644~2.jpg

Needs a bit of cleaning up, but I'm happy with the alternate colour scheme.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Iron Hands themed Aggressor Squad:
20240406_212141.jpg

Not great pictures sorry, will try again tomorrow.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Here's the full 2000 points (you can zoom in):
20240407_131139.jpg

Got an Apothecary Biologis coming next week to go with the Aggressors otherwise there's nothing left to do.

Thinking about what to do next now, keeping an eye out for some cheap starter set Terminators to make a full unit of 10.

I'd like to do the Infiltarators & Phobos Librarian combo but not sure how to theme them since each unit has a different chapter theme.

Was thinking Loyalist Alpha Legion would be cool, call them "Omegamarines". Or could do Ultramarines since they are all logistics and it's a deployment combo and I don't have a proper unit of them yet just characters.

Then I want some Hellblasters and have them be Dark Angels since they are about old tech and the robes could be protection from the weapons backfiring... but I gotta kitbash for robes (probably with a Crusader Squad).

What am I missing? Dreadnaughts and more vehicles?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Here's the full 2000 points (you can zoom in):
View attachment 523497

Got an Apothecary Biologis coming next week to go with the Aggressors otherwise there's nothing left to do.

Thinking about what to do next now, keeping an eye out for some cheap starter set Terminators to make a full unit of 10.

I'd like to do the Infiltarators & Phobos Librarian combo but not sure how to theme them since each unit has a different chapter theme.

Was thinking Loyalist Alpha Legion would be cool, call them "Omegamarines". Or could do Ultramarines since they are all logistics and it's a deployment combo and I don't have a proper unit of them yet just characters.

Then I want some Hellblasters and have them be Dark Angels since they are about old tech and the robes could be protection from the weapons backfiring... but I gotta kitbash for robes (probably with a Crusader Squad).

What am I missing? Dreadnaughts and more vehicles?
That just looks like meat for my Custodes to grind up. (good job)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sorry about bad picture quality again, painted my test model with an "Omega Marines" shoulderpad.

It's a real and possibly extinct chapter, but I'll just use it as a cover for potentially loyalist Alpha Legion.

20240408_190420.jpg

I like how the upside down Ultramarines symbol on a curved surface makes an O and it's almost like an Ouroboros with two heads.

Would do Infiltrators and Phobos Librarian like this. Is it too lame or kinda cool? Always liked the idea of Alpha Legion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't get it.

Edit: Covered in another thread. I guess I glossed over custodian not thinking like full custodes vs million random titles.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can't wait for male sisters of battle.

Anyway, just paint them in Slaanesh colours to make fun of the trannies.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Another in universe thing is that we can just say it's heresy and disinformation by Chaos, or admit it's real and throw some Black Templars at them.

• 3Like

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Another in universe thing is that we can just say it's heresy and disinformation by Chaos, or admit it's real and throw some Black Templars at them.
Or maybe someone looked out the windows when travelling through the Warp, when they really shouldn't have.

• 3Like

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
1713187840999.png

Taken from the comments of that tweet. Says everything. Such a silly move, when your models cost this much, you're so reliant on your customers good will.

Although this might explain why early previews of the new custodes codex all say they've taken a massive step back in power.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users