Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Only complaint so far is that the match restarts if the host leaves.

My first game restarted twice at about 3/4 of the way through because of that.
you can enable yourself to always be the host in options to prevent that (from the mission select screen)

Pressing "L" while in the inn will open server browser, nice to see what kind of stuff is available.

It destroys everyone it is targeting, just charge it from an angle when not targeting you and use charge attacks when behind it.
It gets pretty good if you have a swarm to position in between yourself and the gunner also. With a shield you can block the rattling for 5ish seconds also, by which time its easy to break LoS
Trinkets are meh. I found two so far (level 12). One is "take less damage from gunner rats" and the other one is "40% more health while knocked down". As long as there are no regeneration or damage/attack speed trinkets, they're very specific.

Also, I just grouped with a dwarf who had a crossbow that shot about as fast as the swift bow of the elf (so like twice a second). He also seemed to have unlimited ammo and one shot everything but the rat ogre. Cheat or well rolled orange weapon? If its intentional, this kind of gear seems required for the higher difficulties. He pretty much soloed Nightmare with 4 times the damage of the second place guy.
there is no really overpowering gear, most of the stats are relatively minor, devs have stated they don't want power to depend on gear more then on skill

that being said, the difference between a weapon that can 1-shot trash on a given difficulty and a weapon that doesn't is huge, besides that the other affixes are small benefits

chance to gain ammo on kill / chance to gain attack speed on kill / 3rd affix would make a crossbow something like you describe

ps. In the horn of magnus mission, you can hide under the horn to kinda skill the finale, just take out gas & hookrats asap, other rats won't be able to get to you

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh yeah? Can you still get gear rolls that way?
Yeah but word of warning the bots are both really awesome and really retarded. Awesome because they follow you pretty closely making a wall of weapon swings and they usually kill named fairly easily, but retarded when it comes to everything else including healing and they don't pick up tomes/bombs barrels or objectives etc.

As some one who found an orange trueshot bow last night I disagree about overpowered gear, auto head shots targets from medium to long range with ammo regen on kill I spam that shit all day having 300+ kills almost 3K dmg and they next highest barely breaks 100 kills.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Oh yeah? Can you still get gear rolls that way?
i farmed my starter levels and gear solo with bots

a run on easy is 10-12 minutes for a guaranteed loot, i couldn't beat that with public groups, consistency just isn't there

the smugglers run mission doesn't have tomes or grimoires, so you can do that as well as any group can

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
As some one who found an orange trueshot bow last night I disagree about overpowered gear, auto head shots targets from medium to long range with ammo regen on kill I spam that shit all day having 300+ kills almost 3K dmg and they next highest barely breaks 100 kills.
i think most people just aren't very good, my wiz's staff doesn't have autoheadshot, would say i hit 95% with FoV 100ish

a lot of groups are just slow, causing more shit to spawn, when my publics fail its usually because 1-2 idiots get disabled and the pace goes to crap from there

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
i think most people just aren't very good, my wiz's staff doesn't have autoheadshot, would say i hit 95% with FoV 100ish

a lot of groups are just slow, causing more shit to spawn, when my publics fail its usually because 1-2 idiots get disabled and the pace goes to crap from there
The only Pub I have failed so far was on the supply and demand mission. Tards kept running out solo to pick up the bags at the end of the mission. There's like 10 pack master spawns. Everyone got disabled one by one. It was like watching a terrible horror movie.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
i farmed my starter levels and gear solo with bots

a run on easy is 10-12 minutes for a guaranteed loot, i couldn't beat that with public groups, consistency just isn't there

the smugglers run mission doesn't have tomes or grimoires, so you can do that as well as any group can
This is what I need to do. Thanks.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

This thing shoots around corners and hits insta gibs mobs sometimes 2-3 per shot. We can group up some times and you can see how OP it is. That said I hope they don't change it because I don't see how else anyone can beat apocalypse difficulty.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got a really sweet trinket last night, it's a legendary that decreases Gutter Runner (assassin) damage by 60%.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
New patch notes. I'm at work so not sure how they fixed HoM:

Latest updates patch notes:
Beta 0.9.9b
Changelog:
- Fixed several exploits on Horn of Magnus
- Fixed a secret not properly occurring
- Fixed a crash which could occur if a Loot Rat was alerted by an explosive barrel
- Fixed a common animation crash
- Fixed several startup issues
- Fixed a bug where Rat Ogre would not stop hitting a downed Hero
- Fixed a bug where pressing X on a controller would do nothing
- Fixed a crash when inspecting healing supplies

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Apparently you can kit out your bots. The bots use whatever equipment you have your other hereos equipped with.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didnt like L4D but thinking I may break down and get this. WTB a 40k version next.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just bought this, looks like fun until Fallout 4 comes out. Can I add any of you on Steam?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Just bought this, looks like fun until Fallout 4 comes out. Can I add any of you on Steam?
Steam name is Fyff.

I am pretty bad at FPS games but if you are looking to jump in some games on easy or normal I'm your man
smile.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Got it on sale over the weekend. Didn't like it. The camera is just weird no matter what FOV you slide it to.

Also got boring fast, wish there was actual dungeon crawling.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
They can't make maps with too much close quarter combat.

Wizard becomes unplayable at higher difficulties, you can't take the front line and you can't nuke from the back, other ranged weapons and grenades are mostly out also so its not an option.

FF in public games is the lulz, unless you take progress serious. Which I do atm, so fuck FF.