WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Oldbased

> Than U
<insert words>, more words <inserted words>, < paragraphs of opinion>, <more words>.
In conclusion, <more words>

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is a financial aspect not being discussed. Part of the Discovery/ATT deal for Time Warner involved DISCA taking on a nice chunk of ATT debt. Theatrical releases when they hit can generate lots of alpha and cash flows while at the same time letting the company juggle the books with "costs" and let them show a taxable profit of close to zero. Hollywood cooking the books is legendary. I am not opposed to this strategy especially if they are going to be one of the few companies making movies for theaters while still having a very large streaming presence.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you have HBO you get HBO Max included. If they combine and try to charge extra for Discovery+ then they're going to learn the piracy lesson all over again. Or not, they never learned the first time.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
<insert words>, more words <inserted words>, < paragraphs of opinion>, <more words>.
In conclusion, <more words>
catherine reitman wow GIF

Oldbased

> Than U
Speaking of ATT. Like almost everyone using ATT for phone, internet, TV and more gets HBO Max for free. These are the same people who would be most likely to subscribe otherwise. It's interesting the corners all the streams backed into. Paramount+ for example has been giving free ad free months out monthly for 2 years now back to when it was CBS+ and even then. They CAN'T stop doing it because that pumps the numbers up and no one other than GayTreks would ever pay for it and they need those numbers due to cord cutters hurting the bottom line on the broadcast/cable side of it all. Not the only one, Peacock at least never did endless free months but has less subs.
It's all just one giant clusterfuck of burning money when you think about it

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of ATT. Like almost everyone using ATT for phone, internet, TV and more gets HBO Max for free. These are the same people who would be most likely to subscribe otherwise. It's interesting the corners all the streams backed into. Paramount+ for example has been giving free ad free months out monthly for 2 years now back to when it was CBS+ and even then. They CAN'T stop doing it because that pumps the numbers up and no one other than GayTreks would ever pay for it and they need those numbers due to cord cutters hurting the bottom line on the broadcast/cable side of it all. Not the only one, Peacock at least never did endless free months but has less subs.
It's all just one giant clusterfuck of burning money when you think about it
I "believe" free HBO Max goes away for ATT end of this year or early next year since they sold it.

Oldbased

> Than U
Initially it was just for top tier fiber and 4+ phone plans, but I think they expanded that.
I get 1000/1000 fiber with free HBO Max for $45 a month with a mesh booster.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK every time I switch my cable provider like every 2 yrs or so I get free HBO for 2 yrs. Shit its even been longer with the last one since im nearing 3 yrs with them right now. Thats the beauty of competition. Since I have like 3-4 cable providers I can choose from. They even come to your door offering deals. The last one being Spectrum they offered me the cable, the internet and I was like what about the HBO I get for free right now? They are like sure, hows 2 yrs? Well like I said its nearing 3 now and I still got it.

But the beauty of Netflix in its early days is that it hosted shit from everyone It was a sort of consolidation streaming service. And now that all the different companies are all splitting off making their own streaming services they all get fucked in the end. Because who the fuck is going to spend the $100-$150/month to sub to them all. Either you do like 1 or 2 and just cancel and get some other shit when you run out of shit to watch of you just say fuck it, cancel them all, and start pirating again like it was back in the early days of streaming.

Oldbased

> Than U
Once all my promotional stuff expires( again ) and if I lose HBO Max I will go back to Spectrum for 3 months at $45 a month. ATT policy is 90 days as non customer to be considered for new customer promotions.
Sadly I can't use such Jedi tricks on insurances. 2 cars and renters went from 740 to 1320 this month for 6 months. State Farm rep told me Biden when I asked what in the living fuck.

spronk

FPS noob

the new name should be

TransContent

We like to pretend its real content but its completely worthless

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly they are going to release and update on all their current original shows. Im sure a lot of good ones will get cancelled.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Says a lot about how little content you have when you don't say "DC comics" but instead separate out the individual characters.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
HBO's Chief Content Officer, Casey Bloys, recently signed a new 5 year deal. This is a good sign for the future of quality HBO programming

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Get Woke Go Broke, this is the death knell of Hbo. They really have nothing worth watching anymore, such garbage programming. Max used to have fun shows to watch, it sucks as well, other than Warrior I cant name a show I would bother viewing.

I feel like almost all TV is going this route, they just dont seem to care about profits anymore. The only thing that matters is The Message.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

well the streaming wars didn't last very long, so much for digital wars being the future

• 1Like