WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So this went live today.

You can watch any episode of Friends that you want.

Elmo has a talk show?

Really the only thing of value I see is the ability to stream Studio Ghibli films for the first time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"All of Verizon’s existing Fios customers who subscribe to HBO or HBO Now will get immediate access to HBO Max at launch and at no extra cost. HBO Max will be available to these customers in addition to their existing HBO linear or streaming services. Verizon’s other Fios TV and Fios Internet customers will be able to purchase HBO Max directly from the telco as an add-on to video services or as a standalone streaming service available to internet-only customers. "

if i can do nothing and get it automatically sure but i wouldn't pay extra for it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No Roku app. It's so fucking dumb there wasn't app on there Day 1.

Just looking on the website, and what Netflix offers is a ton better especially for SciFi. It sucks they won the rights to Studio Ghibli. I'm not sure how they didn't end up on Disney+ since they did all the voice over work for the DVD/Blu-Ray releases.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just doing the 7 day free trial for the last 2 seasons of Curb and Doom Patrol I haven't seen yet.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
A lot of shit I have no intetest in. Some of the upcoming stuff might be okay but launch stuff sounds underwhelming.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No Roku app. It's so fucking dumb there wasn't app on there Day 1.

Just looking on the website, and what Netflix offers is a ton better especially for SciFi. It sucks they won the rights to Studio Ghibli. I'm not sure how they didn't end up on Disney+ since they did all the voice over work for the DVD/Blu-Ray releases.

I think Disney + had the same issue. Some content had been locked up with exclusive rights to other streamers prior to launch.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
A lot of that list are available on other streaming apps so meh, apart from them picking up doctor who a big pile of not interested.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They do have an awesome collection of old Samurai movies and OG Godzilla stuff.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They do have the new HBO Max original Looney Tunes that they created emulating the original style of the theatrical shorts.

No idea why this wasn't one of the highlighted items on their main home page...

joz123

Potato del Grande
Theres no hbo max on roku tv but i was able to log in hbo now and use that. Shitshow start so far.

Oldbased

> Than U
I've never seen such a damn mess in my life. I checked at 3am or 24 hours ago and my ATT Internet account says Whoohooo you got free shitty HBO Max mon. Click this dick to add it you your account! Clicky the licky, boom. HBO Max has been applied to your account! Start Watching MEOW!
Click the dick watch now. HBO MAX page loads up. Welcome to HBO Max, owned by ATT, would you like to sign in and give us $15 Trump Bux or sign in with your provider. Click Sign in with provider. Boom Signing in with ATT. Opps, We at ATT cannot verify you pay $100 a month for internet using the login credentials you provided for fucking ATT. We have no idea how businesses work and because you are such a great customer, have no idea you are a customer. Would you like to go back to the overall management page and order other services instead? We suggest a $14,000 iPhone. We'll probably forget you bought that too.

Click Support. Yo btiches, I have Internet 1000 and it said I have HBO MAX but HBO Max is like who dis?
Support: Yup you qualify for HBO MAX, the best in entertainment, is there anything else I can do for you today?
Support disconnects.
6 fucking hours I've delt with that today and it is STILL not resolved.
Ole fishy gonna murder that dancefloor.

• 2Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I've never seen such a damn mess in my life. I checked at 3am or 24 hours ago and my ATT Internet account says Whoohooo you got free shitty HBO Max mon. Click this dick to add it you your account! Clicky the licky, boom. HBO Max has been applied to your account! Start Watching MEOW!
Click the dick watch now. HBO MAX page loads up. Welcome to HBO Max, owned by ATT, would you like to sign in and give us $15 Trump Bux or sign in with your provider. Click Sign in with provider. Boom Signing in with ATT. Opps, We at ATT cannot verify you pay $100 a month for internet using the login credentials you provided for fucking ATT. We have no idea how businesses work and because you are such a great customer, have no idea you are a customer. Would you like to go back to the overall management page and order other services instead? We suggest a $14,000 iPhone. We'll probably forget you bought that too.

Click Support. Yo btiches, I have Internet 1000 and it said I have HBO MAX but HBO Max is like who dis?
Support: Yup you qualify for HBO MAX, the best in entertainment, is there anything else I can do for you today?
Support disconnects.
6 fucking hours I've delt with that today and it is STILL not resolved.
Ole fishy gonna murder that dancefloor.

So I also have AT&T 1Gb fiber and looked into this. Apparently I'll be getting this for free!

It says the promo starts June 2nd on their site, so that might be why you are having issues.

spronk

FPS noob
They do have the new HBO Max original Looney Tunes that they created emulating the original style of the theatrical shorts.

No idea why this wasn't one of the highlighted items on their main home page...

do you know how many episodes were released? the first season of the looney tunes is supposed to be 20 episodes but there are only torrents of the first 10, i assume its a half drop or something which is kinda weird.

i saw two yesterday and they are really good and funny

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Theres no hbo max on roku tv but i was able to log in hbo now and use that. Shitshow start so far.

I got an email from HBO that HBO Max is just the new name for HBO Now and my Now login and app work

Last edited: