WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't know about customer service and support,, but from my exp with development, from my time alot of it had to do with their acceptance and creation of lifers, so many people who realized they could do minimum amount of work or often no work at all and not get fired, when I started managing teams I had so many I had to deal with, and I couldn't blame them the pipeline was set up in a way a lot of teams had such wild ups and downs where they would crunch for 3 months and have very minimal maintenance work for months and even when you asked for more to do you were told to enjoy the downtime, after a few cycles of this and watching the older lifers alot of younger motivated people started not giving a shit and just played wow all day.
Our old saying was 20% of the employees do 80% of the work.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I do want to clarify my statement. AT&T does have some wonderful, skilled and caring employees (both inside and as outside technicians). Unfortunately they just aren't the majority. Or even close to the majority.
It also appears ATT keeps them locked away until things get bad and sends out the care cleaners to fix it all right.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Free HBO Max with my 1gbs down, thanks ATT!

Currently not set for Roku & FireTV. Lol, what the fuck HBO. I was on the phone trying to explain to my mother while in a PetSmart that they were missing the app somehow, that "Of course HBO would be on Roku. It's one of the premiere streaming options on the planet, and it would be stupid for them to not have an app on there the day of a launch." Apparently not.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It also appears ATT keeps them locked away until things get bad and sends out the care cleaners to fix it all right.
Truth. Every crew or Area Manager group has a handful of "go to" guys (aka competent employees) who get sent out to fix the shit bad techs leave in their wake. Almost always they are lower seniority guys who haven't yet bought in to the fuck it they can't fire me mentality. Once they get high enough up the seniority list and feel safe from a layoff is when the attitude shift begins.

spronk

FPS noob
I need a moviedb.org show to use to give this thread a poster, please help me find something suitable.

Oldbased

> Than U
Truth. Every crew or Area Manager group has a handful of "go to" guys (aka competent employees) who get sent out to fix the shit bad techs leave in their wake. Almost always they are lower seniority guys who haven't yet bought in to the fuck it they can't fire me mentality. Once they get high enough up the seniority list and feel safe from a layoff is when the attitude shift begins.
Ya, they are awesome though and when you finally get one, have no issues shitting on other ATT people.
I got HBO Max installed on my firestick by loading android APK to my phone and sending it to my Fire Stick from Apps2Fire app on android. Shows up on Fire TV as HBO Max and functions like any other HBO app I've had if not better. Take that Amazon

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

I like the WB one but it has to be a TV show for the link to work in this thread.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 3 of Young Justice is available on HBO Max starting today.

• 1Wow!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

A Harry Potter live-action TV series is in early development at HBO Max. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that executives at the WarnerMedia-backed streamer have engaged in multiple conversations with potential writers exploring various ideas that would bring the beloved property to television. Sources say broad ideas have been discussed as part of the early-stage exploratory meetings.

While it's news that executives at HBO Max and Warners are engaged in meetings to find a writer and pitch for a Harry Potter TV series, no writers or talent are currently attached as the conversations are still in the extremely early stages and no deals have been made. "There are no Harry Potter series in development at the studio or on the streaming platform," HBO Max and Warner Bros. reaffirmed in a statement to THR.

Expanding the world of Harry Potter remains a top priority for HBO Max and Warner Bros., which along with creator J.K. Rowling, controls rights to the property. Harry Potter is one of Warners' most valuable pieces of IP. (It's also worth pointing out that while Harry Potter remains a beloved franchise, Rowling sparked backlash from the trans community after saying that transgender individuals should be defined by their biological sex.)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the one hand... too late. On the other.. at least because it's Rowling we know it will keep the bullshit to 2015 amounts?

Cybsled

Does Harry Potter still have the same draw with kids today, or is it an IP that will just move along with its original audience as they age?

Star Wars sort of stayed with the original audience until the prequels and clone wars cartoons drew in some new fans, for instance.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does Harry Potter still have the same draw with kids today, or is it an IP that will just move along with its original audience as they age?

Star Wars sort of stayed with the original audience until the prequels and clone wars cartoons drew in some new fans, for instance.
Yes it does. My nieces and nephews love Harry Potter and they are around 10.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On the one hand... too late. On the other.. at least because it's Rowling we know it will keep the bullshit to 2015 amounts?

No chance. She's under heavy pressure and recieved a solid gut punch. The show needs to be a continuation of her apology.

Weren't a few characters from the books retconned as gay?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
No chance. She's under heavy pressure and recieved a solid gut punch. The show needs to be a continuation of her apology.

Weren't a few characters from the books retconned as gay?
She made Dumbledore gay, but his sexual preference was never brought up in the books, so not sure if it's really a retcon.

Cybsled

I personally thought her response during the whole “tweet gate” shit was warped into something it wasn’t and took on a life of its own.

• 1Like