WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Remember when we had to have 3 different cable packages for the 5 channels you actually wanted to watch? That was so awesome, this will work out well for not only HBO but for the market as a whole!

We are canceling our cable, we only have prime because my wife wants the free shipping, and Netflix is fucking garbage these unless you like tv-series, which I do not, and even then it’s not good. Feels like a race to the bottom and the megacorp with the deepest pockets, most sorcerous lawyers, and stones to go the distance wins the monopoly.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My internet bill is sky fucking high because of cord cutting. Now we're entering a period where streaming services are just becoming cable packages 2.0 and subscribing to more than a few of them results in things costing more than they would if I just had cable.

Not that everything just being on Netflix would be much better considering the many retarded steps they've taken over the past number of years with obnoxious browsing designs, bollywood and foreign language garbage cluttering everything up with no way to filter it, autoplaying trailers not only while browsing but now also during credits, and a bevy of SJW infested bullshit.

I'm just going to go back to the one provider that doesn't fuck me around at every step and that's my torrent sites of choice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
My friends/family and I pretty much subscribe to one service each and all share. If I didn't have that option I'd probably pirate it all.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah a decade ago i honestly expected by now google, facebook, amazon, etc all to be providing unlimited 6G wireless internet across the world, free, to slave-capture everyone's eyeballs. Instead the exact opposite has happened in the USA, ISPs are throttling the fuck out of everyone with data caps and annual rape-price increases.

I fucking pay $100/mo for 1 gig down/something up (dont care) BUUUUUUT i still have a fuck-you 1TB monthly data cap, and I've gone over it twice (paying an extra $5 for "50gb"), I could switch to unlimited but its an extra $50/mo. FUCK THAT. The crazy thing is if I bundle in TV and stuff the price actually gets really reasonable, its like $135/mo for full TV package + gigabit but thats only "1 year deal" and you pay a lot more taxes in my state for any TV+internet whereas internet only is pretty much zero tax.

I imagine in the next 5 years Disney and WB and maybe Amazon will wrangle deals with ISPs so that their streaming service doesn't "count" towards the data cap, but my dreams of worldwide, free high speed wireless internet seems dead for a decade or two. No fucking Snow Crash uVerse in my lifetime

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
AT&T will have six streaming services in 2020

- Watch AT&T
- DirecTV Now
- HBO Go
- Cinemax Go
- HBO Now
- HBO Max

This is a company that has no clue what its doing.

So many companies do this. The amount of brands they own isn't controllable and they let them run wild autonomously. Leads to bullshit like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i cant really consider myself a pirate when i dont want to watch the shit being shovelled out these days. this year, i watched 3 movies and 6 tv episodes off a streaming site. next year it will be even less than that. i rather watch some dude on youtube wrench on a broken scooter for an hour than watch some scripted shitfest from one of the bigs.

doesn't watch TV in years, knows that it's shit?

GoT's latest season sucked but otherwise we're in a Golden Age of Television, Brosephius!

spronk

FPS noob
apparently Warner Bros owns all the rights to Babylon 5, so hopefully some bean counter at WB will decide that rebooting that franchise could help the streaming service just like rebooting Star Trek helped CBS All Access

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
doesn't watch TV in years, knows that it's shit?

GoT's latest season sucked but otherwise we're in a Golden Age of Television, Brosephius!
-shrug,
whats there for me, an old metalhead gamer nerd to be interested in?

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
-shrug,
whats there for me, an old metalhead gamer nerd to be interested in?

Metalacolypse.

There are a ton of good shows on right now. Some of my favorites ever. Fargo, Preacher, Mr Robot, Stranger Things, Mindhunter, Ozark. Great comedies too like Barry, Good Place, BoJack. If you don't like a few of those you're just get off my lawn status and I feel bad for you. Probably think all music today sucks too because you think the music overheard in a Target is what it's all like.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Metalacolypse.

There are a ton of good shows on right now. Some of my favorites ever. Fargo, Preacher, Mr Robot, Stranger Things, Mindhunter, Ozark. Great comedies too like Barry, Good Place, BoJack. If you don't like a few of those you're just get off my lawn status and I feel bad for you. Probably think all music today sucks too because you think the music overheard in a Target is what it's all like.
I dont go to Target, but otherwise, yes. Music today sucks. Autotune has destroyed the industry.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Go dig through Bandcamp, the industry deserved to die so that places like BC could rise.

Vikings, Expanse, Warrior, Into the Badlands...

We have Prime (I just consider this bonus video for the most part), Netflix, Hulu+ then sub to some of the others for a month or 2 for specific shows.

Seems DC Universe is still planing on being outside of that bundle so far, which seems odd. Maybe they are making money?

spronk

FPS noob
I'd say peak TV was a few years ago when you had simultaneously

Game of Thrones (the good seasons)
Black Sails
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Veep
The Americans
Mr. Robot
Curb
Narcos
Peaky Blinders
Stranger Things
The Expanse
Lucifer

and probably a few more I'm missing but many of those are now over and more importantly don't really have comparable things to replace them. TV is still pretty good but there is a lot more woke shit going on now, and stuff is far more targeted at people in their mid 20s. Which is fine, TV has gotta move on and can't always target older people. Still, the dropoff seemed really hard in the past 12 months especially after Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Black Sails, and Americans all finished their shows.

I used to have 20-30 things to torrent every week, now I can go entire weeks without anything worth downloading (for me). It is letting me catch up on all the TV shows I missed though which is fantastic. I'm on season 7 of Friends!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I dont go to Target, but otherwise, yes. Music today sucks. Autotune has destroyed the industry.
Go to Youtube and listen to The Milk Carton Kids dvd. I have watched it about a dozen times so far. I love the music, and the banter is top notch. 2 guys, 2 guitars. No autotune.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As a consumer, what ATT is doing with Time Warner is just another example of what a piece of shit the company is.

As a stockholder, I'm like "rape them all! Make all them bitches pay through the nose."

Its a balancing act.

• 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Black Sails
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Veep
The Americans
Mr. Robot
Curb
Narcos
Peaky Blinders
Stranger Things
The Expanse
Lucifer

and probably a few more I'm missing but many of those are now over and more importantly don't really have comparable things to replace them. TV is still pretty good but there is a lot more woke shit going on now, and stuff is far more targeted at people in their mid 20s. Which is fine, TV has gotta move on and can't always target older people. Still, the dropoff seemed really hard in the past 12 months especially after Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Black Sails, and Americans all finished their shows.

I used to have 20-30 things to torrent every week, now I can go entire weeks without anything worth downloading (for me). It is letting me catch up on all the TV shows I missed though which is fantastic. I'm on season 7 of Friends!
No joke I just finished all of family ties, original run of Roseanne and Seinfeld due to lack of shit to watch

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Yep. Confirmed thinks Top 40 represents all music. Music is no worse today than it's been at any other time. Top 40 has almost always suck. Seriously. Look at the Billboard charts for almost any era. Ton of garbage.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Black Sails
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Veep
The Americans
Mr. Robot
Curb
Narcos
Peaky Blinders
Stranger Things
The Expanse
Lucifer

Stranger Things was never good.

• 1Seriously?