WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they've gone from forecasting profitability for the whole of the direct to consumer unit from 2024-2025 to this year, now that the US unit has turned it's first profit.

Cybsled

They are 100% going to suffer the Glenn effect that TWD suffered in terms of viewership

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
conan's new HBO show

his travel stuff on his tv show were amazing so this looks great, i think the people he is talking to are viewers from his podcast

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure $16 is the price with ads. I'm currently paying $15.99 for HBO Max with no Ads and $6.99 for Discovery Plus with no ads so $20/month for the no ads version would be a savings for me.
I can't think of anything on Discovery+ I would watch. I don't like reality tv.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I await to see how they fuck this up for existing HBO users.
They are adding another tier at 19.99 a month that will be 4k plus the entire library. At 15.99 a month you only get 1080 and not the entire library. It's fucking shit.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm really not the target audience for Discovery I guess because I never thought the brought anything to the merge.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are adding another tier at 19.99 a month that will be 4k plus the entire library. At 15.99 a month you only get 1080 and not the entire library. It's fucking shit.
I think I joined a few months ago on a $4.99 deal with commercials for a year so I could watch the last season of Succession. Guess I will ride it to expiration and then move along.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I like the work related reality shows. Gold Rush and Forged in Fire mostly plus BattleBots and Naked and Afraid. Some of the documentaries and cooking shows are decent too. There's not really any scripted content though.

Oldbased

> Than U
So Max is live now and it is basically everything HBO Max was plus all the Discovery shows and content and probably more.
Love it has all the Naked and Afraids ever and Deadliest Catch which I haven't watched in probably 8 years and so on.
It also has a much more user friendly interface and massive options for CC which I sometimes use when gaming or late at night when volume is low to verify I heard it right.

Also has all the home shows I used to watch like Fixer Upper, Flip Flop, all the cooking shows and lots of series shows like Planet Earth and all the crime series and docus.

I get it free still with my ATT 5gb fiber connection but plan info for others is
1684838264687.png

One thing I am still trying to verify and a bit grumpy on is that it appears I get the center package free and everything is just in HD. Previously I got 4k with HBO Max.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So Max is live now and it is basically everything HBO Max was plus all the Discovery shows and content and probably more.
Love it has all the Naked and Afraids ever and Deadliest Catch which I haven't watched in probably 8 years and so on.
It also has a much more user friendly interface and massive options for CC which I sometimes use when gaming or late at night when volume is low to verify I heard it right.

Also has all the home shows I used to watch like Fixer Upper, Flip Flop, all the cooking shows and lots of series shows like Planet Earth and all the crime series and docus.

I get it free still with my ATT 5gb fiber connection but plan info for others is
View attachment 474792

One thing I am still trying to verify and a bit grumpy on is that it appears I get the center package free and everything is just in HD. Previously I got 4k with HBO Max.
Im curious what they are doing with previous customer contracts. If you had "x" months left of a specific tier are they honoring that or just arbitrarily moving you to one of these three?

Oldbased

> Than U
Im curious what they are doing with previous customer contracts. If you had "x" months left of a specific tier are they honoring that or just arbitrarily moving you to one of these three?
Some people had lifetime half off and such and they are honoring it but it appears many contracts are just moved into one of the tiers.
I was able to confirm my 4k HBO Max free was moved to middle HD ad free tier Max for example.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I got my HBO max sub cheap through Amex. I just now had to re-login but seems to be the same ad-free one.

Oldbased

> Than U
I got my HBO max sub cheap through Amex. I just now had to re-login but seems to be the same ad-free one.
If you go to subscriptions it will say Ad, Ad Free or Ultimate.
Ultimate is 4k which is what HBO Max was but at the $15 tier. Technically you get the same tier if it says Ad Free but not 4k.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

for streaming content then there isn't a huge difference between 1080p and 4k. I have a 55" OLED and a 7.1.4 atmos system, I'd be more annoyed about losing Atmos. But again, that only matters if you have a decent atmos system. Atmos was underwhelming until I added the second pair of ceiling speakers. Streaming services offering a lot of content in Atmos also helped

spronk

FPS noob
new show starring The Weeknd and apparently it was plagued by set problems including cast members leaving, sexual harrassment, on and on

1684885486443.png

it co-stars jonny depps daughter i think

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
The subs are screwed up. I'm on the grandfathered in legacy plan but it would auto-charge me 150 when the sub ends instead of the 105 it says for cost now so I just canceled. No option to keep the same plan at the same cost.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some people had lifetime half off and such and they are honoring it but it appears many contracts are just moved into one of the tiers.
I was able to confirm my 4k HBO Max free was moved to middle HD ad free tier Max for example.
No issues for me logging in. Got my same cheap subscription. Most likely will cancel unless I get a good offer come renewal time.