Washington D.C.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Lena's is right near me. I could probably walk if I really wanted to on a nice day. The yelp page looks legit too. I think that will be my next spot to try.
I siggest always getting the nutella, hazelnut dessert pie no matter how full

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm dying for some spicy noodles. Chili oil is the best. The only place I've heard about that's any good since I've been here is House Dynasty. Haven't been yet though.
House of Dynasty just got hit for health violations

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Chicken stored on floor, metal trash can used to store rice, chicken not used within 24hrs of preparing, food waste in cold storage

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't understand how multiple pizza places can have the same shit quality crust that is just bread and not crispy or airy. Seriously. It boggles my fucking mind how multiple places make the same type of dough.

Finally someone gets it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just went to the Game Of Thrones Bar on 7th.

IMG_8915.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

IMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8929.JPG

IMG_8930.JPG

The drink was "The Lannisters send their regards."

IMG_8927.JPG

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kudos

<Banned>
I was there last Saturday. It's a cool place but the drinks were weak and expensive. I drank 4 and wasn't buzzed.

kudos

<Banned>
I swear every woman in this city is the same when trying to date.

"LOVE TO TRAVEL - OMG BRUNCH! - FUCK TRUMP! - FEMINIST!"

Every single one is the same. What is with women in this town and brunch? Why is this meal significant? I wish I had a word filter that could just block anyone who mentions brunch. It'd save me from carpal tunnel.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was there last Saturday. It's a cool place but the drinks were weak and expensive. I drank 4 and wasn't buzzed.

My Lannister drink was pretty strong but of course I was talking to him about how much the Starks are twats. He liked that.

Also you're Naaptyme and an alcoholic. It'll take more than that.

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
My Lannister drink was pretty strong but of course I was talking to him about how much the Starks are twats. He liked that.
The bartender said in October they are doing a one month only of something. They don't tell the bartenders until 1 week before the public though so he didn't know.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The family & I are going to DC (&NY) for the next 3 weeks. Looking for good food recommendations, especially non Asian since I can get plenty of that here in AU.
Specifically where is the best Mexican in DC? I love super strong flavours (Indian is my favourite) and good Mexican restaurants aren't too common over here. In fact any good American style (central or south) style restaurants to try would be good since they are pretty thin on the ground over here.

McCheese

Get some Ethiopian food if you're in DC and like strong flavors. The biggest Ethiopian population outside Africa is in DC. Any restaurant in Northwest DC our just over the line in Maryland will be fantastic and authentic. Silver Spring is an especially big hub with probably a dozen or more.

For Mexican, most any taco truck with Hispanics ordering from it will be better than any restaurant.

I personally prefer pupusas to tacos, so if you see a Pupuseria truck grab some of those. Big El Salvadorian population too, so they'll be great.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Thanks, I've never heard of pupusas but they look good. Looks pretty similar to pide you can get from lebanese places over here. I will definitely try that if I find some!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thanks, I've never heard of pupusas but they look good. Looks pretty similar to pide you can get from lebanese places over here. I will definitely try that if I find some!
Lots of food trucks around the Smithsonian on 14th street down to 7th.

Great Ethiopian food in DC. If you are driving you can hit up Silver Spring for some good food there. If you are not go here Chercher Ethiopian Restaurant & Mart - Washington, DC, DC.

If you can get to the wharf get some crabcakes and try Old Bay. I work down there so lmk if you need any advice for travel.

• 1Like

McCheese

Fill a suitcase with Old Bay tins and become the most flavorful man in Australia.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
So far we've hit Jamaican in NJ, El Salvadoran in Gaithersburg, done the crabcakes and Ethiopian in DC. Been keeping an eye out for the pupusas but haven't seen them so far, all the food trucks seem the same, either bubble tea or a mix of Mexican and deep fried stuff.
Pick of the litter so far was an Indian place called Rasika, pretty damn good food and had different dishes than we get at Indian places in AU.
Couple more days in DC for us then we're headed to NY.

By the way we can get Old Bay seasoning in the supermarket in Australia so there's no need for me to try smuggling it!

McCheese

So far we've hit Jamaican in NJ, El Salvadoran in Gaithersburg, done the crabcakes and Ethiopian in DC. Been keeping an eye out for the pupusas but haven't seen them so far, all the food trucks seem the same, either bubble tea or a mix of Mexican and deep fried stuff.
Pick of the litter so far was an Indian place called Rasika, pretty damn good food and had different dishes than we get at Indian places in AU.
Couple more days in DC for us then we're headed to NY.

By the way we can get Old Bay seasoning in the supermarket in Australia so there's no need for me to try smuggling it!

Instead of taking the highway directly from DC, head up along Route 1 (or hop over to Route 1 from I-95. They're parallel and super close). There is an awesome pupuseria along the way.

Little Deli and Cafe

Absolutely authentic. It's just a little family place. I have friends who live near the University of Maryland in that area, and I often stop and pick up pupusas on the way home.